Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - photos for source vote - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

splodge

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm with vokaris on this one, i have seen some real bad pix go through over 10 times and some days all 5 pix are rejects from other days, how about the one with most votes go through, as it is now, the one with least votes is never seen again?
speed things up for those waiting to see thier own pix get voted out Smile

Hallcross Toots
TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i'm with vokaris on this one, i have seen some real bad pix go through over 10 times and some days all 5 pix are rejects from other days, how about the one with most votes go through, as it is now, the one with least votes is never seen again?
speed things up for those waiting to see thier own pix get voted out Smile

Here here. Very Happy

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I like Spoldge's and Vokaris's idea on that so that we do have some interesting things to work with. Who institutes these great ideas? Make that one work!

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I like Spoldge's idea on that so that we do have some interesting things to work with. Who institutes these great ideas? Make that one work!

Calling grefix. Calling grefix. Are you there grefix? Laughing

I'll look at the code and see if I can determine what can be done to the algorithm. Unless someone else beats me to it. Cool

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

All you guys are great -I appreciate all the mods here.. Thanks so much.

bigbuck

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

Gee I hope 'reading chalo' comes up again! I think I've seen it up about 20-30 times already.

Oscar

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Gee I hope 'reading chalo' comes up again! I think I've seen it up about 20-30 times already.

Thats BTVS image... you know Wink

Salvezza

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
On the sources images that we vote on to decide which sources get into the lineup here. Some of these are great even though they don't win. I have not submitted a photo but I see a great many that could be revoted on that would be interesting to chop. Are they put back in the lineup for voting or do they have to be resubmitted?

I never knew I could have so much fun on the internet... being advantage makes it more fun I think..and getting to see what sources are being submitted ... I actually submitted a source image, it may not get picked but it was fun nonetheless. Smile

pollyO

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah what Vokaris said, but once, twice, three times its outta here!!!!

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

i need to say this s o i can post sorry haha

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:36 am   Reply with quote         

Ok I have given this much thought.
Instead of re-depositing the unselected images from the source vote back into the general population why not place all unselected images into source bin2.

Continue to go thru source bin 1 until empty, then start on source bin 2 and place all unselected images back into source bin 1.

Ok I think that makes sense...but then Im an aussie and we graps things different to others.

With recent source entries they can be added to what ever pile is being drawn from for the up-coming contests. I know this has some inherent flaws of which people will soon point out to me, but at least it stops the repeat performers from coming up all the time.

The reason for my idea, well on many occasions I have seen three real solid source entries and only one wins, if we start dumping source images we may loose that one good because at the time it was against that one great one.

ok getting of the acme soap box now

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:52 am   Reply with quote         

Blue, isn't the voting que pretty full? If so, wouldn't this make it take a while to get to the second bin?

What if only images that were, for example, ≤10% away from the winning source image, were put back in?

So if the winning image had 36% of the vote, and the others had 30%, 16%, 11%, and 9%, only the one w/ 30% of the vote would be recycled.

Does this make sense?

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:57 am   Reply with quote         

I dont think so tut...but if there are to many images stop accepting submissions say only open source submissions say once a quarter...as I said its not fool proof but easy to achieve with little change to the current program.

Less work for the tech boys as well

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:21 am   Reply with quote         

Yes the image pool is full but if we keep taking 5 images out every day then it must be getting low, not sure how many images are added to the pool every day from new submissions. Just think out loud I guess...

cafn8d

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

In answer to approximately how many pics there currently are:
billtvshow wrote:
Oscar wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
The voting queue definitely has several hundred pics in it if not over a thousand. Those are the pics that have been approved by me and anyone who approved pics before me...

So why submit more pics if we already have enough for like ... lets say... several months?

Laughing

Wink I'd say more like a year or two, but it never hurts to be prepared Smile

My "thinking out loud" suggestion for eliminating unpopular sources:

Every day, the two least-voted source pics get put into another queue. At the start of the next week, the 14 least-voted pics from the previous week are put up to vote. We vote for the ONE pic of those 14 to eliminate from the regular voting queue. The rest get dumped back into the regular image pool to try again. This elimination vote can be left up all week since the next one will take the week to set up.

My thought on having 14 choices at a time is for comparison and balance. It does happen that sometime all five daily sources are pretty good. And we don't want to trim too close to the bone.

There are a few of my own submissions that I thought were "good ideas at the time" but pale in comparison to most other source pics, and I really wouldn't mind seeing them removed from the queue.

I would also like to see portrait-oriented pics regularly included. BTVS has let a few slip through, but there are probably a lot of great photos that have been rejected right off the bat because they were portrait-oriented instead of landscape-oriented. I like to see a different perspective now and then. But especially if we get an elimination process in place, maybe we could test a few and "see how they do"?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - photos for source vote - Reply to topic