Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Today's source image vote... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Where's mah bucket ?

Splodge stole it !

66%

66%

[ 8 ]

I said..Splodge stole it !!

33%

33%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 12

Granulated

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:13 am   Reply with quote         

Bloody annoying. All of them might have "won" on a different day.
Who picks the shortlist ? Are they randomly discharged ?

Can we vote on what goes into the source vote !!? Laughing

In an ideal world it would be great to have a person with a good eye for a decent source image to hand pick the shortlist every day.

splodge

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

i gotta yellow bucket, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
we reraly gotta take some of those advantage source pix out of the loop, that pic of the guy must of been round 12 times now

Hallcross Toots
FootFungas

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:18 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
that pic of the guy must of been round 12 times now

The constipated guy?

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

Well there are several remedies to solve the lousy source images we're receiving for upcoming contests.

You can simply have them in order, 5 to choose from in order, those which are rejected (that have received at least a vote), can go to the back of the queue for another chance, those with no votes are removed, and will require resubmission in order to be considered again.

Alternatively, source images can be submitted under categories, where each upcoming source voting day, a category is randomly chosen and source images corresponding to that category are available for choosing for that day.

Categories could be:

Objects/Things
Buildings
Scenes
People
Vehicles
Nature/Landscapes
Other (Unclassifiable)

Also, you can have each available slot to correspond for a particular category, where it's up for us to choose which image from which category we'd like.

Lastly, we can also expand the number of possible source images to vote upon, giving a greater scope of varied images.

MindGraph

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

Need more object pics. Ones that have no label on them so they can be anything. I'm going to grab some things in the garage this weekend and see what I can make. Animals and people are getting old.
Need more of this kind of stuff imo. These are from previous contests
http://photoshopcontest.com/images/queue/fullsize/366967b3b5fc248ae33f88ef626b2b170e103974409548.jpg
http://photoshopcontest.com/images/queue/fullsize/171518f4abfc1cc5aa815fd91f5531f2ef92af17426076.jpg

Doodler!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Why not challenge people to take more object photos on white backgrounds?

Splodge,

Remember the few months when JMH was posting "stock object" photos. They pretty much all had clean edges on white Backgrounds.

Like the Mushroom that made the "crock eye" post

annajon

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

On the objects - all for it. thumleft

On the object on a white background ..... you guys are very lazy, not to want to take an image out of the background yourself.... Twisted Evil I had to do it and I still can't use the flipping mask formula to work for me.....

On the people etc list ..... what if it is a person and a car and a building in one image..... Laughing just kidding.

But, please - much as I would love to see one of my images return into the vote queue, because they came in second on the vote day, it would not be nice to see them come back the same month - I have at least 6 other images in the queue that have not been up yet!!!!

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

White object backgrounds are not lazy. If you want a proper clean edge, you'll still cut them out the hard way. They also force users to be more creative with less. You'd be amazed how good those contests turn out; if you look back through the archives you'll that they account for many of the best contests ever.

Now back to the topic, yeah some days you get 5 good ones, some days you get 5 bad. If Proc so wanted, I could roll over the approval thing into picking out the 5 each day as well, but there's something fun about the randomness of it too...

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

why not make the image voting available to non advantage people..

Its not like we see the winners in the end

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

politics wrote:
why not make the image voting available to non advantage people..

Its not like we see the winners in the end

impossible... we might as well give advantage to everyone for free.. its not about seeing which one wins, its about seeing the images in the 1st place..

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
...Now back to the topic, yeah some days you get 5 good ones, some days you get 5 bad. If Proc so wanted, I could roll over the approval thing into picking out the 5 each day as well, but there's something fun about the randomness of it too...
How about a feature (every day) to delete the picture with the least votes from the queue. Whatever it is, chances are it's not going to make the cut if it appears 5, 10 or more times.

annajon

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
...Now back to the topic, yeah some days you get 5 good ones, some days you get 5 bad. If Proc so wanted, I could roll over the approval thing into picking out the 5 each day as well, but there's something fun about the randomness of it too...
How about a feature (every day) to delete the picture with the least votes from the queue. Whatever it is, chances are it's not going to make the cut if it appears 5, 10 or more times.

Now back to the topic, yeah some days you get 5 good ones, some days you get 5 bad. If Proc so wanted, I could roll over the approval thing into picking out the 5 each day as well, but there's something fun about the randomness of it too...

Exectly how much random is in randomness - when a scatterbrain like myself can recall having seen images in the voting queue a few times already and I have only been advantage member since .... june 26 2007, had to check, I wonder....

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

Thats actually going to happen voks, when we do the next update to the image approval pages it will eliminate any images that finish in 4th or 5th more than once.
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
Thats actually going to happen voks, when we do the next update to the image approval pages it will eliminate any images that finish in 4th or 5th more than once.
Yaaaay!!! Bow Bow Bow

annajon

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:

ok.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Today's source image vote... - Reply to topic