Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - Guideline Disobediance - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:52 am   Reply with quote         

I see several entries that do not obey size, file size, and type guidelines.

Will they be removed pre-judging , or do they let them pass?

Oscar

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:39 am   Reply with quote         

I am Legend was pretty good ... you should watch it Very Happy

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:51 am   Reply with quote         

Karnlor wrote:

What are you on about? If the 'puter accepts it, then there you go.

Now STFUC Twisted Evil

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

Karnlor wrote:

See the "Advantage" link in the menu? Click it. All will be explained.

Also, if you can see the pics then they're live for judging (voting here).

dewdew

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

Karnlor wrote:

We refer to that as SUPERSIZING......it'll cost ya 69 cent.....but it's worth it.
No they don't get removed......they paid extra.....they go straight to the top. The only problem is that we still give only two packs of ketchup.......no matter how many fries you order.

Micose

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:26 am   Reply with quote         

pay ur debts and pay PSC

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I see, so this website is just another photoshop page that focuses nothing on fair game but profit - as easily understood by how judging is allowed even before all entries are recieved except if your paying ( And not to insult those who try hard, but man- judging based on if its flashy and "cool" rather than skillful ). Seems to me more a website about profit than actual art... Well, i should've guessed, shouldn't have let my hopes up Sad

And now i get off my soapbox, and away from yet another disappointing site.

Ps : Bad community here, I didn't expect five year olds to be replying to my post in such a fashion.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

DewDew can't help himself........no, really!

I'm sorry if you expected something better...

WE TRY HARDER

and re: Advantage...most responsible voters wait the full 3 days to vote.

Have you checked out PhotoshopTalent.com? It's commercial too...but totally free and voting's anonymous.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Karnlor wrote:
I see, so this website is just another photoshop page that focuses nothing on fair game but profit - as easily understood by how judging is allowed even before all entries are recieved except if your paying ( And not to insult those who try hard, but man- judging based on if its flashy and "cool" rather than skillful ). Seems to me more a website about profit than actual art... Well, i should've guessed, shouldn't have let my hopes up Sad

Ps : Bad community here, I didn't expect five year olds to be replying to my post in such a fashion.
Well, there are loopholes in the concept. Once in a while there pops up the rare anonymous 'prize' contest that gives out Advantage privileges for the winner. Win one of these and the clubhouse will open for you without paying a dime.

buglover

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Karnlor,

Well this is not the worst place for chopping. Advantage isn't really for profit. Don't think that Proc (the owner) is making that much money in here. Most of the people that stay longer and there are lot's that stay over years own a advantage. But it's more for keeping this place alive than for the profit of anybody. And like any community it takes some time to get into.

The most important thing about PSC is that the voting is fair. People vote for a picture if they like it. Assuming that they see it. So if you want to give it an other try, participate in a contest that just has opened so you'll get more comments and votes. Most members come in here just once or twice a weak and than they’ll vote for every three competitions that are opened at once.

Anyway don't want to please you to stay - but I think it's worth.

Cheers BL

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Karnlor wrote:

WHOA THERE BIG FELLA (or filly if you're female)!

You show up here and basically gripe about something that YOU didn't research and then have the balls to blame our community? Where the heck do you get off doing that? You call our attitude bad when you spout off about how the site works without knowing how the site actually works? Hmmm

There's nothing hidden about how this site operates and it's definitely not about the money with Advantage. All Advantage membership gets you is bigger starting pics, bigger submission sizes and a sneak peek at upcoming sources so you have longer to work on them.

Yes you can enter a pic before the contest but EVERYONE'S entries are "judged" at the same time (once the contest opens). There are three days (72 hours) for voting on pictures and ANYONE can enter a pic during that time. If your pic is good then it can win (it's happened frequently here ask vokaris).

You've got a pair to call this community bad when you made ONE POST and it was to bitch. Hang around. Read some other threads. PARTICIPATE. You'll be surprised how wrong you are.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Man-judging?

scratch

dewking

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I completely agree with rancor... wait... what was his name?

Who knows.

This site is all about making money! No one actually does good art here that isnt an advantage member! Clearly all the money and prizes that you win here everyday only goes to... wait... what? You mean there aren't prizes everyday?... what the fu...

so... we're all just doing photoshops for the pleasure of it? With the occasional good feeling when you get votes?

What the hell?! Why wasn't I told about this?!

Kanker... was that it? I seem to remember a "k"... this is the site where no one cares. Especially at people who don't spend more than 5 minutes to actually try to join in with the community. Though chances are, you're just a spammer anyway, so why am I going to waste my time?

Which reminds me, back to that doing photoshop for nothing... damn, someone really needs to explain things to me. All these votes just go to nothing?!

I mean sure, I pay, which helps keep the site up and running and helps give us great prizes a few times a month, but the rest of the time... its just for pride?

Sonofa-

in closing. If you don't see the sarcasm here, I'm just typing this out during recess. So I need to go back to my coloring.

thanks for the insite condor.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

lol , how to make friends and get votes ...... read it here. Very Happy

mikey

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

The World is a business!!! Twisted Evil is that a revelation!? Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - Guideline Disobediance - Reply to topic