Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Voting - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Man Marx, been how ya, as in doin? net not as in happnin for months mine too, you are relatin now in the this thread, for real time as in now it is... Wink

Laughing

Channeling Yoda much? Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

Cool Laughing Splodge is right, just Vote, use up your 25 everyday, whether the chops are worthy or not, vote for bad chops and tell them the idea was great, and then say "look at my chop", it's almost as good as yours,.. Twisted Evil OK I'm being facetious, but its true, I don't vote like I used to, mostly because of the time, I can't vote and not leave a comment like a lot of people here, the old "...' 3 dots" vote, anyway when you don't vote and post, there is some resentment, people here have more reasons to not vote for someone than reasons to, thank god I look at the art first and then the artist... Cool

bigbuck

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

Julie,
I think Sean (Shaman) sums it up pretty well. The mesh doors are a bit 'clonish' and there are some issues with the guy and lighting/shadows and such. Don't be deterred too much, you will get there. As Sean said, have a look through some of the galleries and see the sort of stuff that appeals to the voters. Just stick with it, chop and have fun. We have all been in your position. Chin up.
Oh, and you can ignore Marx-man too. He can't chop to save himself and he is only interested in upsetting people when he posts in the forums.
Cheers,
Brad.

cherylm329

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

JC, when I first started here I use to think the same things as you are right now. But, after being here for a while and paying attention to the patterns of voting, the best image truly wins. Granted, it might seem like a lot of these image votes are based on merely friendship and it could very well be for some. However, I don't think favoritism or friendship has anything to do with it. I am going to have to back up what shaman said, he is a wise grasshopper Smile

anfa

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
the best image truly wins.

Classic Laughing

cherylm329

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
the best image truly wins.

Classic Laughing
Very Happy

welan

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

Ditto.....the best wins.

Wiz

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

"All Winners have one thing in common... they bear CLOSE SCRUTINY! Check them out as a learning exercise, then you'll find out why theirs were so much better than yours. It's as simple as that!

Give it a go for a while, before your next Post preferably".

(BTW:As for bringing this subject up while the Comp is still active, this is considered bad form by all, just not on, old chap, not cricket you know!" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

Wiz

ReinMan

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

oy vay! 14 minutes of my life gone. Sad

This thread is about 3 and 1/2 pages TOO LONG.

A) Yes, popularity affects most voting here (this is the way humans tend to work, even if they are not conscious of it).

B) Your work is NOT as good as SkaterPoodles. You've said twice it is. It seems you've missed EVERY critique that others have taken the time here to give you. You cloning on this particular entry SUCKS. Even your wall by the tent is FUZZY looking. You sweeping dude would have worked better if you put an edge on him so he closer resembled a cardboard cut out. If you want to

i) gain some friendly support ii) learn anything

around here, you're gonna have to be

1) more open minded about the quality of your own work and where some of us might help you with it

2) less worrying about fairness (it really isn't perfect around here)

3) grin and bare it (not parts of your body, but bare the feelings that go with NOT being as good as the next dude or dudette)

Okay - Man. Now I've wasted ANOTHER ten minutes. I'll want those back at the end of my life, I'm sure of it. (Unless I'm dying from food poisoning)

Okay- ALL OF YOU! Please Listen To The Instructive Song now:

S T F A C

Twisted Evil

anfa

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

That "S T F U A C" link is the greatest link on the internet and everyone should click on it!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

dismally disappointed...
Showcase was here for one whole day and had nuthin' to say on this thread

Sad

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey all. I'll interject my 2 cents of feedback here too I guess. I can understand JC's view. I've sat here looking at the winning entries saying "OMG WTF?" out loud. I haven't placed better than 20th yet in anything in spite of spending hours working on an entry. Here's the key--> I don't really care =) I'm spending those hours and submitting my work for your disapproval purely for my own personal pleasure and boredom reduction. I embrace my noob chopper status at this time and I am learning something with every entry.
However, some things do get me. Usually, by the time I send an entry there are over 400 votes already cast. I normally vote on the last day of the contest so I can see all of the entries before deciding. I kinda wish more would do that instead of blowing 25 votes on the first 27 entries that hit the page. But that's just me.
Recently, I spent like 9 hours working on an entry and it had 5 votes. The next day I ran the original thru a few filters and overlaid some effects, took 4 minutes and it did much better. Again, I'm like OMG WTF heh.
Like they say, keep on choppin' and be happy you don't need votes to get laid around here!

Smooth Sailing~~

Micose

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Doodler! wrote:
Just get msn, AOL or any messaging software, and add as many of these folks as possible. (the bigger the names the better)
Then ask them all for opinions on your image. If you are not too annoying, and listen to feedback..
Most will vote for you. You will also get a wealth of information from the other members.

Eventually you will get enough feedback, and improve as a chopper as a whole, (over a good number of contests)
Although it would be "cheating" at first.

You also have to realize that 50% + of winning is putting out the image style people want to see (color pallet, z-axis, Gif, humor).

true...
i banned all people that annoyed me with their chops on MSN...i wont give names, some are even "old and quite "famous" but ....
Micose

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

bwahahahh great song again Granulated ("STFUAC")
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:13 am   Reply with quote         

now that the contest is over i'd like to say thanks for all that admired my work and yes manoj and i tied i won because i had default setting. he knows it we all know it we have talked were not mad at each other. hell his in my op was so great thinking and originality and was a truely masterful chop.

my direction now is towards julie... you have started attacking me again w/ my cup-o-beer entry you asked for your vote back because i have updated it. your truley pushing me and bringing me down julie.

i understand that your frustrated w/ the voting or what not, but your gonna make me snap... and i don't want to do that as it will bring out a side of me that i'm sure no one including myself wants to see.

now towards a MOD any MOD she wants her vote back... its fine w/ me please go ahead and remove her vote as she voted for along w/ others before i updated my cup-o-beer entry...

i know its not right to bring it up durring the comp and in no way am i trying to get votes or publicity for that image but this is 2 images now that i'm getting heat over and am feeling singeled out.

-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Voting - Reply to topic