Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Voting - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

supak0ma

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Doodler! wrote:
Just get msn, AOL or any messaging software, and add as many of these folks as possible. (the bigger the names the better)
Then ask them all for opinions on your image. If you are not too annoying, and listen to feedback..
Most will vote for you. You will also get a wealth of information from the other members.

Eventually you will get enough feedback, and improve as a chopper as a whole, (over a good number of contests)
Although it would be "cheating" at first.

You also have to realize that 50% + of winning is putting out the image style people want to see (color pallet, z-axis, Gif, humor).

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

ReinMan

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
bwahahahh great song again Granulated ("STFUAC")

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
That's not GRAN's song...
Sad
(nobody EVER notices ME around here...)

creatrix

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

I thought it had a certain ReinManocity about it...

The Gordonk song remains a favorite.... Wink

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I know Gran does do some stuff, but we tend to have different styles, ya know?

Like, Micose probably wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Marco - or PhotoShopMaster mistaken for a ReyRey.

Razz

Hmmmm... and it IS getting close to me needing to do a NEW tune for PSC

As soon as I get out of my bathrobe, maybe... Huh..

Stevster

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Well, I know Gran does do some stuff, but we tend to have different styles, ya know?

Like, Micose probably wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Marco - or PhotoShopMaster mistaken for a ReyRey.

Razz

I found your twin:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mTh25Q6qCak

ReinMan

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
ReinMan wrote:

Razz

I found your twin:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mTh25Q6qCak

HOLY CRIKEY SNOOZ-BOT!!!!!

I have yet to see a LESS inspiring sales pitch to drive people MAD with the desire to SING.

He is NOT my twin. He is my NEMESIS!!!!! Shocked

(though I'm sure he's a fine bloke once you get a pint or two into him... though he ain't no Simon Cowell!)

dewdew

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

DANG......Rein.....he does look like you...and REYREY.....all mixed together...but without the BATHROBE and MOTORSCOOTER....after about 2 minutes into it, i realized something........he should have just stfuac-ed Laughing

MindGraph

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Micose wrote:

Sad

sorry we could not see you hiding behind your fingers Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

JClark8220 wrote:
OK, I have a question about voting. I just looked at the contest "Defaced Shop", and I was the third entry. However, when you sort it out by Votes, Nogoodsk8rpunk was first, with like over 15 votes. My entry was actually done better, and only received 2 votes. I cleaned up the wall between the buildings, I cleaned the doors a little more, plus I took the time to add in a man with a broom. (That's masking time too.) I put in just as many if not more hours. My question on voting, then, is this more like a popularity contest site? Because our entries are sooooo similar, why did he get way more votes than my entry? I'm just curious. I like the contests with prizes, no names were shown.

Seems to me the same people are getting all the top votes. And, if we have the different categories on what part this entry's best feature is, then why not have a winner in each category? Why is there only one winner? I mean, almost any competition has at least a first, second and third place.

Nothing personal against Nogoodskr8punk, I'm just wondering/curious as to why such a large gap in our votes since our entries are sooooo similar? I really would like to know. I enjoy photoshop, I learn new things all the time, but this voting system really has my mind boggled. I work just as hard or harder than others (I have a lot more time than most, since I don't have a job) yet, I've never even come close to winning anything here. Sure, it feels good to win and be recognized once in a while, but I do photoshop as a hobby, and I don't care if I win or not, but this one contest in particular really has me puzzled at the voting system. I'd really like some feedback, and if anyone else feels the same.

Julie I think we're officially DONE with you. You said your entry was better (when many have pointed out it was NOT better). You've said that you didn't come close to winning (I see a 3rd place finish in your profile). You said you're only here for the fun (I think you're now only here to bitch). You said you wanted feedback (I think you're now only here to bitch).

Can one of the mods please lock this thread already? And any other thread started by her? PLEASE?! Mad

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:54 pm   Reply with quote         

This is absurd. Recently I saw you on the front page for being one of the weeks leaders. I don't know how long you were there, but that's definitely not something everyone has done. I hate to be rude, but you need to get over yourself. Matt's chop was the superior chop by far. You have a lot of really good work, and to see you complain about this is just ridiculous.

You won't get your money back. It states here, that all sales are final. You can, however, cancel your advantage, which I see to be a bad choice. Hopefully, in a day or two you'll realize your making a big deal out of something that isn't really worth arguing about any longer, and want to still have your advantage.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to wake up.

Micose

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Micose wrote:

Sad

similar voices so....im sorry Reinier ...i have a good ear usely Bow
Micose

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
This is absurd. Recently I saw you on the front page for being one of the weeks leaders. I don't know how long you were there, but that's definitely not something everyone has done. I hate to be rude, but you need to get over yourself. Matt's chop was the superior chop by far. You have a lot of really good work, and to see you complain about this is just ridiculous.

You won't get your money back. It states here, that all sales are final. You can, however, cancel your advantage, which I see to be a bad choice. Hopefully, in a day or two you'll realize your making a big deal out of something that isn't really worth arguing about any longer, and want to still have your advantage.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to wake up.

BUDDDDDYYYY Very Happy so long ...how ve u been...studies workin fine? and girlss???
Micose

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

dont lock until Reinier see my apologies about his song please....
Micose

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

oops sorry July....mabe u wanted to just let it go this time....thread was almost hidden and i picked up back....
Micose

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

anyway Reinman....i dont think REALLY that link was ur song, u must be wrong, i know ur deep bass voice mate.....and u dont do HipHop as far as i know....

This makes me think that im almost ready to make u hear my stuff soon (maybe in a couple of weeks cuz i need to figure out some material problems)Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Voting - Reply to topic