Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - ...(re: comments) - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we have a "Thoughtful Comments Day"?

Yes

69%

69%

[ 23 ]

No

15%

15%

[ 5 ]

15%

15%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 33

jasper

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm pretty much guilty of not leaving comments when I vote. Hell, I've been away for a long time and have not even VOTED much until recently.

I do usually think about the post I am looking at, but I don't leave my thoughts for the poster in most cases (lazy).

My proposal is to have a "Thoughtful Comments Day" (or week) where everyone makes an effort to leave good constructive comments, how the chop made them feel, giggle, ponder - whatever.

I am open to suggestions, of course. I think we should pick a day and go from there. Anyone who is in please respond.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

i try and always leave nice comments.... so you can count me in Wink

Tesore

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Valentines Day!

The day of love and friendship...

Very Happy

@ NGSP, yes you do and thanks for that! I appreciate it very much, (from everybody of course!!!)
I put my dictionary ready Shocked That is why i don't comment, except 1 word or a Wink
But I can read English Very Happy

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm running out of nasty comments. Sad

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:41 pm   Reply with quote         

You could call it "Patre Day" -- He is the master of thoughtful comments!

Cool

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:22 am   Reply with quote         

shouldn't really have to be a day, or week... If anyone has anything worth saying, be it constructive or complimentary, they should take a couple seconds to type it up and post it, regardless of what day or week it is. This site is partly for helping others learn new stuff about photoshop techniques, so if anyone ever has anything to say that might be useful or encouraging to somebody, do it. Help each other out. Don't be lazy. I haven't voted or entered any contests for quite some time now due to school and work, but when I do vote, I always leave a comment if I have something to say. Rarely do I ever leave a "...".

So, let's not make this a day, or a week, or a month or year, let's make it a habit. Smile

/exodus soapboximus

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

jasper

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:56 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
shouldn't really have to be a day, or week... If anyone has anything worth saying, be it constructive or complimentary, they should take a couple seconds to type it up and post it, regardless of what day or week it is. This site is partly for helping others learn new stuff about photoshop techniques, so if anyone ever has anything to say that might be useful or encouraging to somebody, do it. Help each other out. Don't be lazy. I haven't voted or entered any contests for quite some time now due to school and work, but when I do vote, I always leave a comment if I have something to say. Rarely do I ever leave a "...".

So, let's not make this a day, or a week, or a month or year, let's make it a habit. Smile

/exodus soapboximus

we should always leave comments - however...baby steps - this is a road to recovery Wink

jasper

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:58 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Valentines Day!

Very Happy

@ NGSP, yes you do and thanks for that! I appreciate it very much, (from everybody of course!!!)
I put my dictionary ready Shocked That is why i don't comment, except 1 word or a Wink

That was one of my thoughts. Seems as good a day as any to start us back to leaving comments on every vote we make.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:37 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Valentines Day!

Very Happy

hey tes... thanks for the kind words...i try to keep a positive stature... some times i'm a jackass and what not but i'm glad to see you say that. makes me feel good... and i love comments in positive ways... hah don't be afraid to speak your native language... i am un aware of what neterland's language is... but hell i'd like to learn.. i can speake english, espanol, and some cambodian. nun the less this is a great thread Wink

jasper

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

OK - Seems like February 14th would be the best contest date to start trying to leave as much of your thoughts as possible on each post. one or two words will simply NOT do!

Thanks everyone who responded.

mikey

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Good idea! Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked Laughing

MindGraph

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

seriously Rolling Eyes it would be a good idea. Used to see nothing but comments around here till someone started the ... thing. Even a "nice" or "good" is like one more key to hit and it shows your alive
I'm in Wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - ...(re: comments) - Reply to topic