Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - ...(re: comments) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we have a "Thoughtful Comments Day"?

Yes

69%

69%

[ 23 ]

No

15%

15%

[ 5 ]

15%

15%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 33

bigbuck

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 am   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
Hmmm. This was a thoughtful one.....

Quote:
JClark8220
Perspective is way off, shadows are off, the "floating" match should have sparks on it if it is indeed being scratched on the flint, and good use of the 10 pixels you used from the source pic. (Yeah right.)

on this entry
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/133350/matches.html

Laughing Such a wonderful human being Laughing

Yep...absolutely!
I think there are plenty of ways to offer polite and friendly constructive criticism. But to me, that comment was simply nasty and narky. Someone needs to have a good close look at their own portfolio before posting comments like that!

annajon

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:44 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
Hmmm. This was a thoughtful one.....

Quote:
JClark8220
Perspective is way off, shadows are off, the "floating" match should have sparks on it if it is indeed being scratched on the flint, and good use of the 10 pixels you used from the source pic. (Yeah right.)

on this entry
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/133350/matches.html

Laughing Such a wonderful human being Laughing

Yep...absolutely!
I think there are plenty of ways to offer polite and friendly constructive criticism. But to me, that comment was simply nasty and narky. Someone needs to have a good close look at their own portfolio before posting comments like that!

First of all, could we please ignore this JCLark8220 person from now on, and if shehe gets to jump through hoops even more then could we create a MEMBERSBOARD of wize people, who have a say in IP banning people untill they proof they can be proper members of our club, meaning they at least show the guts to tell stuff like written above in the comment clip IN PERSON in a PM directly send to the person it was meant for, rather then this meaningless public display of discontempt for another artists view????

Second: Thank you very much for pointing me in the direction of that image where the comment was made. I like it. I like the way it is totally off perspective. I actually like paintings by well sold painters that create stuff like that as well. There is NO RULE IN ART that says that all things have to be in TOTAl PERSPECTIVE, because if that were the case ESHER would never have sold one print of his work in his lifetime and we would not know about him today!!!!!

This aside now.

The .... as a title of this topic does not work anymore, after somebody else who took it over!!! So, people will get confused. Having no title is directly in line with the questions at the top.

But... Why ask people a question, if you are not at least inviting them to do so at the top of your forum????

Now, on topic (...) NO WE DON'T NEED ONE SPECIAL DAY FOR NICETEEES, we need to be nice every day, even when we are saying lots of bad things to people. So, my vote was the (...).

Did the forum goers agree on special colours for special moods yet.... What is the colour for being baffled? What is the colour for being fed up?

I would much rather see a button at the disposal of the CREATOR of the image we leave our comments on. Allowing the creator of the comment to make the choice to show the (rude or nice) remarks in public, or keep hidden. This will disallow people like JClark8220 the satisfaction of a good kick in the groin of somebody who they feel inferiour to, and will allow us to move on, without having to go over that bump in the road each and every competition shehe graces us with hishers presents.

By the way, can we please have an identification system on PSC that will allow people to see if a secondairy account here on PSC is in fact voting or commenting on a primairy acount by the same person? I am not saying that I know there are people who do stuff like that, or who would even have the time and energy to pull something like that off, although it would be very easy to do.

Why I ask that?

Because I feel sometimes that I am being MTV'ed (chopped, railroaded, bamboozled, what was the name of that programme that made you look totally like a fool and then they would spring it on you that you had been had, haha....) by people in the forum. It is so easy to create an account and start a forum!!! Why else do we have spam... It should be totally impossible for somebody to create an account and write on a forum. Like it is impossible to vote just by creating an account. This should go hand in hand. If you want to say something in the forum, just use the PM to respond to what your read, when you are not participating in any activity on the site.

And don't say ... but new people don't know who to ask for help or anything... rubish. New people can look at the bottom of the pages (some of the pages) to see who is online and they can click on any of those names to PM them.

There. My book on niceties.

To sum up, for those who have a short memory:

AKA references on secondairy accounts please.
IP bans on sedondairy accounts used for commenting and voting on entries, just like you are not allowed to vote for your own entries.
Try to ignore commentmakers like JC... ehh, what was that name again.... (whatever) so they don't get off on sticking it to us again (excuse my profainity)
And a MAKE COMMENTS PUBLIC button under my entries, so I can have the choice to get yet another tiresome discussion about a person like whatsitsname going here on the forum.

Geezzzzz the ENERGY I have to put in this could have gone into a good chop.

Next time... Please use a WORD for a title so I won't get directed to the wrong forum again, OK????

blue_lurker

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

Im not reading all that Shocked

Jasper like you I don't get around to voting all that much now days either, but when I do try to leave a comment, even if its telling Reyrey he is shit house at photoshop. Laughing

Comments use to mean more to me than votes, but now days I don't even chop all that much so I guess that's one reason I don't do the all day every day vote thing. Comments are still sweet.

jasper

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Jasper like you I don't get around to voting all that much now days either, but when I do try to leave a comment, even if its telling Reyrey he is shit house at photoshop. Laughing

Comments use to mean more to me than votes, but now days I don't even chop all that much so I guess that's one reason I don't do the all day every day vote thing. Comments are still sweet.

I've been in the same boat. (and yes ReyRey IS)

I just want to see some effort for one day, and maybe it will spark something.

I'm guessing you're in for at least that day?

janetdog

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

IP banning people untill they proof they can be proper members of our club

Does that mean I have to wear a tie?

For the most part, This place takes care of itself. Nothing too bad goes unnoticed.
I can appreciate the points annajon tries to make. I don't necessarily agree with all of them. The IP stuff happens anyway. I like reading comments left by other people on pictures that I am commenting on myself. Taking that away would be a mistake. My $.02

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Yeah. ReyRey is shit!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ... Shocked Wait a minute. Evil or Very Mad

Razz Bite Me Very Happy

jasper

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
jasper wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Yeah. ReyRey is shit!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ... Shocked Wait a minute. Evil or Very Mad

Razz Bite Me Very Happy

oops! Rolling Eyes

I thought it was some HEP kinda compliment. Confused

ReyRey

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
jasper wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Razz Bite Me Very Happy

oops! Rolling Eyes

I thought it was some HEP kinda compliment. Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just bustin' Wink I don't get upset or insulted. Laughing Laughing
I'm here to have fun and talk trash. Wink http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4132

annajon

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
annajon wrote:

IP banning people untill they proof they can be proper members of our club

Does that mean I have to wear a tie?

For the most part, This place takes care of itself. Nothing too bad goes unnoticed.
I can appreciate the points annajon tries to make. I don't necessarily agree with all of them. The IP stuff happens anyway. I like reading comments left by other people on pictures that I am commenting on myself. Taking that away would be a mistake. My $.02

I don't think most people will object to the comments and would show them to the public right away. But there are cases where people are very deeply stressed by the unkind things sayd, to the point they want to give up. Not everybody can deal with such things. And then it would be a very cool thing that they can be the master of their own little PSC place. By NOT sharing the rude remarks somebody has made. That way, that person who made the rude remarks won't get any satisfaction out of it, and we will all be a nicer people. The topic in this forum is about being nicer to eachother, is it not? Not just one day, but every day.

timea

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
First of all, could we please ignore this JCLark8220 person from now on ...Try to ignore commentmakers like JC... ehh, what was that name again.... (whatever) so they don't get off on sticking it to us again (excuse my profainity)

Anna,

Comments should be public, because they are often instructive for all. Jasper's comments to others in recent comps, for example, have got me thinking about light and color in ways I hadn't considered before. Comments can be a community resource and a means of encouraging noobs. As a noob I learned much from comments directed both to me and to others. It is true that some comments are not gentle. Until recently, abuse was rare.

Abuse heaped upon noobs will discourage their participation. That is bad for business. For that reason alone, management should consider making commenting a privilege contingent upon good behavior. From a social perspective, casting out miscreants from a group is a practical and just means of keeping civil order. Tolerating bad behavior encourages more bad behavior.

I like some the ideas in your post, but ignoring this creature is not one of them.

--twk

bigbuck

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Agreed. There is a lot to be gleaned from reading comments on other people's entries. I have found this just as helpful as I have comments on my own entries. I am really concerned though, about a few of the clearly malicious and nasty comments I have seen of late.....and coming from a person who has been unable (or moreso) unwilling to accept the polite and well-intentioned feedback that they were initially given.
And agreed again TWK, this behaviour should NOT be ignored. It is currently a blight on PSC, and only serves to drive people away rather than encourage them.

jasper

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
annajon wrote:
First of all, could we please ignore this JCLark8220 person from now on ...Try to ignore commentmakers like JC... ehh, what was that name again.... (whatever) so they don't get off on sticking it to us again (excuse my profainity)

Anna,

Comments should be public, because they are often instructive for all. Jasper's comments to others in recent comps, for example, have got me thinking about light and color in ways I hadn't considered before. Comments can be a community resource and a means of encouraging noobs. As a noob I learned much from comments directed both to me and to others. It is true that some comments are not gentle. Until recently, abuse was rare.

Abuse heaped upon noobs will discourage their participation. That is bad for business. For that reason alone, management should consider making commenting a privilege contingent upon good behavior. From a social perspective, casting out miscreants from a group is a practical and just means of keeping civil order. Tolerating bad behavior encourages more bad behavior.

I like some the ideas in your post, but ignoring this creature is not one of them.

--twk

Tawiskaro, exactly. Comments are EXTREMELY valuable. Otherwise, people are to close to their own work to see what could be improved, changed - whatever!

Thanks for youe "comments" everyone Wink

jasper

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

I've slacked off today on my comments Embarassed BUT I'm saving all my energy for tomorrow's COMMENT day!

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

timea wrote:
May I add, some regular member actually might not speak english....so leaving a comment for them are more difficult...
It should also be mentioned that some people (mostly Americans) have a hard time reading French, so navigating the Advantage Payment PayPal in French, as it is currently the default setting, (or Spanish) may be quite a challenge Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - ...(re: comments) - Reply to topic