Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - TCM - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
hey, I still don't know what it means........but what do I know

I've only been here for over 4 years

must be a noob thing

haha! okay, glad it's not just me. I was wondering what the hell "TCM" was, although I was pretty sure it had something to do with a themed contest for V-day just from past experience. But, unlike the above statement, I haven't seen jack shyte about this on the forums, and the forum is about all I can do on PSC as of late, so I'm surprised I somehow missed this thing. Laughing

(And for Christ's sake, SOMEONE fix that debug mode shit!!! Evil or Very Mad )

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:

must be a noob thing

haha! okay, glad it's not just me. I was wondering what the hell "TCM" was, although I was pretty sure it had something to do with a themed contest for V-day just from past experience. But, unlike the above statement, I haven't seen jack shyte about this on the forums, and the forum is about all I can do on PSC as of late, so I'm surprised I somehow missed this thing. Laughing

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:

must be a noob thing

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

I know it as Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:38 am   Reply with quote         

scratch

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

TCM is Turner Classic Movies, that pay tv channel that shows all the old classic films.

annajon

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
scratch

Hi Claf, you have a bold signature statement there!

JC! I was sidetracked, so I totally forgot that I wanted to reply to your question about TCM. But, if you had done SEARCH on TCM, you would have found the forum easy -- thats how you find most of the stuff here on PSC.

And for all others who don't know by now

TCM is the game where we love to be challenged for the Friday contest images. And you can join the members list, on the TCM forum that is found on the link in my signature. It was Less then Zero who made up the game, but he got computer trouble one day, and so I took over from him, to keep it active.

Join up, this Friday the challenge is to create a GLOBAL WARMING theme entry for the Flapping Bird contest photo. That idea came from our IDEAMAN Anabrin, who is calling the shots this week.

Join up, join up - JClark as well, and all others - just let me know that you want to join up, before Friday, (or before any other Friday - when we will have other challenges!!) and you name will be on the members list (that way I can find your entries again in the Friday contest) and put TCM in the comment box or the title somewhere, so it is a little easier to find you.

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

You all still going on about this? Whoever came up with the TCM trying to be all cool outnaming W1K for "their thing" has totally made this place look like nothing but lame arsed fags. Why you people play along like that? Go to w1k if you wanna do that carp. Ya scared you'll look stupid trying to chop with people that know how? Ya look stupid doing this.

TheShaman

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

Less talky from you... More choppy.
Besides, didn't you come up with, or been a part of, different games for us all to play during the regular contests in the past?
What makes this so different?
Talk to Less Than Zero. He started up this game "for fun".
Was it a W1K idea? I don't know, and frankly I don't care.

I think everyone needs to just cool down and learn some life lessons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PgaX3cNpU

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

My guess at what Julie was trying to say is that perhaps some of the people who participate in the TCM sub-theme are going to be more inclined to vote for each other.

my opinion: either officially integrate this kind of special theme event or stop it.

annajon

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
You all still going on about this? Whoever came up with the TCM trying to be all cool outnaming W1K for "their thing" has totally made this place look like nothing but lame arsed fags. Why you people play along like that? Go to w1k if you wanna do that carp. Ya scared you'll look stupid trying to chop with people that know how? Ya look stupid doing this.

Have you tried it yet? I think you should take back what you wrote here because you are way out of line!!!

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

scratch

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Less talky from you... More choppy.
Besides, didn't you come up with, or been a part of, different games for us all to play during the regular contests in the past?
What makes this so different?
Talk to Less Than Zero. He started up this game "for fun".
Was it a W1K idea? I don't know, and frankly I don't care.

I think everyone needs to just cool down and learn some life lessons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PgaX3cNpU

yeah, i have started games like this in the past. Don't recall trying to be all cool and exclude people from it, nor do I recall it causing these arguments.
If LTZ so called started it just for fun, he ended up using it to be a total creep.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:29 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
ScionShade wrote:

Have you tried it yet? I think you should take back what you wrote here because you are way out of line!!!

Logging into PSC and seeing you all arguing is out of line.
Edit: stinking cant make new post now?
Doggone..stop taking it to PM.
I am not saying there is anything wrong with having the game.
Stop being so thinned skinned.
I've seen JC's remarks on post--yeah there's a bunch, and they could be taken as insulting, but at the same time she's made a lot of good observations..she aint too bad at it. Take it in stride, when she's right, fix it...anyone wants to be mad it wasn't done in PM..tough...just ignore the comments, there's no rule against them.
JC was not the only one who didn't know what TCM was supposed to mean. So what? Ya lla gotta get wound up over nothing...play the game , have fun, ignore what ya don't like or better yet be helpful.
Personally I don't see what the problem is anywhere here. Ya got a source in three weeks you want to use for a themed contest--then tell a mod that's game friendly..like Splodge or MB that yer gonna post a link to the source in NEWS and explain the game there....I'd be surprised if anyone had a problem with that....Jeremy used to do it..it aint gonna hurt the site..on-running games make the site better.
Seriously..everyone bent out of shape on post comments...they're just comments, some of them are good if not polite..don't let it ruin yer day it's no big deal.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - TCM - Reply to topic