Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous contests. Yes or NO. Pls vote - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you like to see Anonymous contests on PSC?

Yes

57%

57%

[ 29 ]

No

24%

24%

[ 12 ]

I don't care

18%

18%

[ 9 ]

Total Votes: 50

kinetic_be

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

There's been talked a lot about anonymous contests the past week (and I'm sure before too) so just for myself, I wanted to make a poll about this to see what the results would be and perhaps this could be usefull information for admins of this website.

I just want an honest opinion, that's all. If you don't like the subject or think that it's been talked about too much, then just skip it but obviously there hasn't been talked about it enough in a constructive way, otherwise many others wouldn't be here with issues about the voting-system.

Keep in mind that anonymous contests filter out favourism and will most likely result in a more honest voting, which for the most of us who are here to learn, is benefiting our learning-curve.

Don't go beserk at me for making this topic Smile

Granulated

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

"Keep in mind that anonymous contests filter out favourism and will most likely result in a more honest voting"

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAA !!!!! Laughing

Wiz

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
"Keep in mind that anonymous contests filter out favourism and will most likely result in a more honest voting"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA !!!!! Laughing

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
Granulated wrote:

Rolling Eyes

yello_piggy

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
There's been talked a lot about anonymous contests the past week (and I'm sure before too) so just for myself, I wanted to make a poll about this to see what the results would be and perhaps this could be usefull information for admins of this website.

I just want an honest opinion, that's all. If you don't like the subject or think that it's been talked about too much, then just skip it but obviously there hasn't been talked about it enough in a constructive way, otherwise many others wouldn't be here with issues about the voting-system.

Keep in mind that anonymous contests filter out favourism and will most likely result in a more honest voting, which for the most of us who are here to learn, is benefiting our learning-curve.

Don't go beserk at me for making this topic Smile

and you were having such a good start here, and now this! Shocked this point is one of main differences to other ps-contest, like 100sentences.cum or something

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
Wiz wrote:
Granulated wrote:

Rolling Eyes

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I still think it might be a good idea to give users the option of entering a contest anonymously.

Or Splodge's idea of an anonymous button, where you can choose to view the contest anonymously.

kinetic_be

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
and you were having such a good start here, and now this! Shocked this point is one of main differences to other ps-contest, like 100sentences.cum or something

Thanks for the laughs in my face and the comments.

@yello_piggy, this has nothing to do with my own 'good' start here but I guess I should have a better start elsewhere.

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
Wiz wrote:
Granulated wrote:

Rolling Eyes

pale

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:

@yello_piggy, this has nothing to do with my own 'good' start here but I guess I should have a better start elsewhere.

please see this thread... http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9247

btw, no one's laughing in your face...we're laughing at how many times this subject comes up.

21st and 27th...two upcoming anonymous contests. Wink

kinetic_be

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
btw, no one's laughing in your face...we're laughing at how many times this subject comes up.

Yeah, so let's all laugh with it, even though it has come up too many times already.
Maybe if it wasn't laughed at, or taken more seriously, it wouldn't come up as many anymore?

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:

please see this thread... http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9247

How do we know what they are laughing at, it's not written anywhere?

I wonder how it would look for this site to have a strike. Since nothing gets done by talking and suggestions and people think what others think is a joke, which I find immature and disrespectful.

Strike, strike, strike!!! Shocked Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:

How do we know what they are laughing at, it's not written anywhere?

I wonder how it would look for this site to have a strike. Since nothing gets done by talking and suggestions and people think what others think is a joke, which I find immature and disrespectful.

Strike, strike, strike!!! Shocked Wink

Are you kidding? (you are, right?) The entire site was redesigned. The "Developers" revised chat room. These things were discussed and tweaked at length.

Synthvet

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
Wiz wrote:
Granulated wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Martrex

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Happening on 21st and 27th to find out for sure!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous contests. Yes or NO. Pls vote - Reply to topic