Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous contests. Yes or NO. Pls vote - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you like to see Anonymous contests on PSC?

Yes

57%

57%

[ 29 ]

No

24%

24%

[ 12 ]

I don't care

18%

18%

[ 9 ]

Total Votes: 50

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
I hope you reconsider and don't leave KB. I'm sure all the bwahas were just in fun and not a personal attack.
As far as anons go, I can take it or leave it. A couple/week would be fine, but bear in mind that the comps are truly not that anonymous. Some people's chopping styles are quite easily recognisable even in anon contests. Hell, I can pick one persons entry 95% of the time just from looking at the thumbnails!
I think a bit of variety is great for the site, that's why I'd also like to see some totally 'theme' based comps with NO source picture. Get people's creative juices flowing a bit. I get a bit bored chopping the same sort of sources over and over again. Flowers, buildings, cars etc becomes a bit 'old hat' after a while.....

What the chimp said.

Smile

Synthvet

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

annon contests are the most fair all around..........just my opinion

I only have 49% of the vote

by the way, this has been discussed 13762341045609310436 times..

now what do you want to talk about

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

In case of future anonymous contests, this is how mine look:

people really fired up. Razz click it to see

Granulated

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:
and you were having such a good start here, and now this! Shocked this point is one of main differences to other ps-contest, like 100sentences.cum or something

Thanks for the laughs in my face and the comments.

@yello_piggy, this has nothing to do with my own 'good' start here but I guess I should have a better start elsewhere.

Apologies Kinny. I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at your preconceptions.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

psc in my opinion is not only a place to have fun by submitting chops but its also a great community sure some of us are here to learn, some to cause trouble, and others just don't care... but those reasons are what ties us all together. you will not be able to find another site quit as nice as this place, if you leave KB.

thats just my honest opinion, i voted no in the poll but am not against annon comps but would rather not have them set/apply for all comps. i feel that if it were set that way i myself wouldn't have as much fun as i do here. i think that is one of psc's strongest traits that keeps this place apart from the rest.

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Tawiskaro

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
I hope you reconsider and don't leave KB. I'm sure all the bwahas were just in fun and not a personal attack.
As far as anons go, I can take it or leave it. A couple/week would be fine, but bear in mind that the comps are truly not that anonymous. Some people's chopping styles are quite easily recognisable even in anon contests. Hell, I can pick one persons entry 95% of the time just from looking at the thumbnails!
I think a bit of variety is great for the site, that's why I'd also like to see some totally 'theme' based comps with NO source picture. Get people's creative juices flowing a bit. I get a bit bored chopping the same sort of sources over and over again. Flowers, buildings, cars etc becomes a bit 'old hat' after a while.....

What the chimp said.

Smile

What the chimp and the Egyptian said.

Smile

Seriously, KB, don't leave. Get pissed off and rant like everyone else, but stick around and share your chops.

kinetic_be

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for some of the replies concerning me leaving, but mostly thanks to the ones who has sent me PM's with their full stories about PSC at the present and it's past, it really made me a lot wiser about the things what have been going on here before and how things work at the moment.

About other PS websites, I have no doubt when you say that PSC is probably the best site for Photoshop contests, I've looked trough most of them I think before I signed up here.

I'm not staying, sorry... I announced that I'm leaving and crawling back from that would be a lame act (towards myself, don't get me wrong)

And one important thing I want to add to this whole happening: I NEVER CARED FOR VOTES.
That's right.. all I ever cared for was to learn how to use Photoshop and after chopping for at least 12 hours a day, 2 months non-stop, doing nothing but reading tutorials, inspecting PSD-files, experimenting, writing good choppers for tips I think that I'm doing not bad, even though I'm far from making great stuff such as ReyRey for example, or Anfa, Serps or Claf. These ppl inspired me the most with their works!

But what I also cared about, was the honesty of a contest.
Anything wrong with that??
If you devote all your free time to some project, isn't the least you can care about how it's processed?
Well, I do.

Also, if the BWHAHAHAHA's were not ment to laugh in my face, what were they ment for huh? To add your 'expertise' to this matter?
Damn it... don't you guys see how many here want to see things changed? That it's bothering people?
Don't you care for that?
If I love a place, the first thing I do is looking how to improve it. And if I think I can improve it with ideas, then I share them, no matter what. And if these ideas can't or won't be executed, then so what? No big deal, but FFS respect other's ideas.
It's not because my idea isn't 100% waterproof, that it's a bad idea, and obviously there are dozens who would want to see the same things happen.

And last but not least, I give my middle-finger to the aliases.
Unbelievable, how at night-time, when things are calm & quiet, these strange names pop-up who barely post something, and give their vote to ONE & ONLY ONE person each time, over and over....
Really awesome! keep it going, if you get glory in a contest due these handlings, you can be really proud on yourself.

Also good luck with the fanclubs. Keep making average chops, but keep getting tons of votes. And if you ever get bored of Photoshop, you sure have a great carreer ahead of you in the politics!!!

There, glad I said that after 2 months Smile

See ya!

FootFungas

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not staying, sorry... I announced that I'm leaving and crawling back from that would be a lame act (towards myself, don't get me wrong)[/quote]
Rolling Eyes It annoys me when people make a big deal about leaving.

[quote="kinetic_be"]Also, if the BWHAHAHAHA's were not ment to laugh in my face, what were they ment for huh?
Rolling Eyes He was laughing about anon contests being "fair and balanced"

kinetic_be wrote:

Is that you Zen? Laughing

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:

kinetic_be wrote:

Is that you Zen? Laughing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alias Jr.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

index finger not nice to my family day time it is now

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:

And one important thing I want to add to this whole happening: I NEVER CARED FOR VOTES.
blah, blah, blah

But what I also cared about, was the honesty of a contest.
Anything wrong with that??
If you devote all your free time to some project, isn't the least you can care about how it's processed?
Well, I do.
blah, blah, blah

Unbelievable, how at night-time, when things are calm & quiet, these strange names pop-up who barely post something, and give their vote to ONE & ONLY ONE person each time, over and over....
Really awesome! keep it going, if you get glory in a contest due these handlings, you can be really proud on yourself.

Also good luck with the fanclubs. Keep making average chops, but keep getting tons of votes. And if you ever get bored of Photoshop, you sure have a great carreer ahead of you in the politics!!!

There, glad I said that after 2 months Smile

See ya!

BINGO! That's what this was all about in the first place. Admit it.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay kids... everybody okay now? We gonna all be okay. Let's chop... and rock and chop a rock. I don't hold grudges against people well not even Anfa. Laughing It is just that time of the week we got our forum panties all wadded up ME included. chop chop chop .......

dewdew

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I play fair......i close my eyes' when i vote....that way everyone has a fair chance....That's ANON...... in a way.

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I'm not staying, sorry... I announced that I'm leaving and crawling back from that would be a lame act (towards myself, don't get me wrong)

I disagree. Lame would be to fail to acknowledge an overreaction and misinterpretation. Still, you are free to bail out if you wish. You're also free to change your mind.

You are clearly not alone in your opinions. I share many of them myself--especially about the aliases. But I'm sticking around despite the annoyances, because I'm learning and improving. I'm going to win some competitions despite the fan clubs. Despite the tough competition. Despite people who don't like me. Despite accusations of foul play. Despite any obstacle. All that stuff is part of the challenge, isn't it? It is for me. Now, I shall do the noble thing: STFUAC.

Smile

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:

I disagree. Lame would be to fail to acknowledge an overreaction and misinterpretation. Still, you are free to bail out if you wish. You're also free to change your mind.

You are clearly not alone in your opinions. I share many of them myself--especially about the aliases. But I'm sticking around despite the annoyances, because I'm learning and improving. I'm going to win some competitions despite the fan clubs. Despite the tough competition. Despite people who don't like me. Despite accusations of foul play. Despite any obstacle. All that stuff is part of the challenge, isn't it? It is for me. Now, I shall do the noble thing: STFUAC.

Smile

I like you.
(but not in THAT way...not that there's anything wrong with that...you know what I mean!)
Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous contests. Yes or NO. Pls vote - Reply to topic