Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How the HECK do I change the color on my house? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

FootFungas

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

I like this idea but, again, it's a money thing. We'd only be able to get plants here and there.

Plant your entire yard with rhubarb, then sell it!!!
You'll never have to worry about money again!!!!........only rhubarb weevils.

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
If you still want to know how to do it in PS, I used Hue/Saturation set to colorize. Not amazing results, but it does ok.

Yeah I'm still trying to play with it in PS. Even if we don't end up painting we'll at least have an idea of what the house would look like with new siding.

I did try a hue-sat adjustment layer but I couldn't get the color to come out correctly. scratch

Another PS project I'll have with this is to add onto the house on the backside. There's an outside stairwell going to the lower level and it fills with water during heavy rains (drain can't keep up). So we're going to build an addition that would bring the door to ground level and provide storage for yard equipment. Cool

dewdew

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

tofu....i hope this helps...at least it will make it easier to change the colors around than when it was all wht.

ScionShade

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm only really good with trpical landscape..I did landscaping up north for years, but i don't remember one northern plant from the other now.
I like large beds, lay out a hose in a wavy line and dig it out type stuff.
You can learn everything ya need about best local plants on line or at the nursery just by asking. (Your states website will have the best links likely)

Now here's an idea for ya..and it'll only cost ya a few bucks, take wear and tear off yer water system, and water better cause the nutrients it'll provid.
This'll cost under fifty bux..
several sections of 1 1/2" pvc pipe, a check valve, some connectors, a few angles, and whatever piece you'll need to T it into yer existing in-pipe to your pump from yer well....IF you have an above ground pump--otherwise this;'ll cost ya another 150$..
go down to the road pointing straight at the lake...right next to road dig a hole...point pvc pipe in hole, under road toward lake...run hose in open end of pipe and let it drill it's way acroos road, under the road...run it to the lake, put on check valve..attach to intake, and water away. We water from our lake.
If ya manage that--setting up irrigation is just as simple. Just do it kinda thing.
I dunno what trees ya planted out front--- look them up, make sure they're what you want...consider cost of future maintenance, how big they get... will they provide shade to house, will they're roots beco0me a problem for driveway/foundation. stuff like that.
I always like COLOR in the plantings...plums are just a suggestion although I LOVE Japanese maples...look for different foliage color at nursery...IMHO landscping for yourself is not too expensive and ids a major value increaser. Mine is in a constant state of flux cause I like playing in the yard...so for this year--it looks like hell Razz

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I'd definately stay with white, and only be planning on a new color for trim and doors. I'd probably go with something that looks like a lighter tone of the brick to keep it tied together. A terracotta maybe. AND when it comes time for new roof shingle..absolutely positively go with a brick color for those...
...what you need to do to express yourself, drive up the property value, and also win the love of your neighbors is landscape that neglected property.
Get your color from the landscape, Green at every level touched off with plum from a Japanese maple, some small plum trees, and plum colored plants will be the KIZAAA!

Totally agree.

ScionShade

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't remember Tofu saying ANYTHING about YOU being his neighbor.
rambo GET OFF TOFU'S LAWN!

Post Thu May 01, 2008 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu May 01, 2008 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the tips Joe! Very Happy And thanks for the feedback from everyone. We may just end up keeping the white. But I'm still gonna try adjusting the color in Photoshop. For one it will help with the decision and two it's just good practice with Photoshop. Cool

As for hydro drilling through to the lake it's about 100+ yards to the lake and I'd have to go through a County park to get to it. Confused

Instead I'll likely put the money into pounding another sandpoint well and putting my extra pump on there. Then it's pure groundwater for the yard. Cool

ScionShade

Post Thu May 01, 2008 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Instead I'll likely put the money into pounding another sandpoint well and putting my extra pump on there. Then it's pure groundwater for the yard. Cool

depends how deep ya gotta go to hit water --
you could have a 500 foot well, but yer water table could be 15 or 50 feet down..
just take a section of 3/4" pvc pipe, put a threaded end on it for your hose..."Punch Drill",,,turn on the house..put the end straight down into the ground and the water will do the drilling, just keep gently pushing the pipe gently down...takes a few minutes if ya dont hit rock--if ya hit rock try a foot or two away--if ya have lotsa rock, then this wont work.when it gets to ground level--take off thread end, glue on next section of pipe, and do again till ya hit water...find out how deep to get to the water by dropping a weighted line down yer existing well and measure how far down ya went till ya hit water, go that far plus a few feet, and bam..hook it to your extra pump and ya got yer irrigation well.
easy peasy.
PS..the county actually owns my lake too..like they'd ever notice. Razz

mellowdesign

Post Fri May 02, 2008 6:15 am   Reply with quote         

How about keeping it white, with dark green shutters?

Cute house btw Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri May 02, 2008 7:39 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks mellow! Very Happy

ScionShade wrote:

Oh they'd notice! Laughing I'm directly across the street from one of the campgrounds. I look out my front window and I see the ranger station. I used the PS ruler and the scale on this pic and it's ~220.51 meters to the lake from where my well is. Laughing Plus the ONLY boat launch for this lake is here too. It's the road that dead-ends into the lake.

ReinMan

Post Fri May 02, 2008 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

depends how deep ya gotta go to hit water --
you could have a 500 foot well, but yer water table could be 15 or 50 feet down..
just take a section of 3/4" pvc pipe, put a threaded end on it for your hose..."Punch Drill",,,turn on the house..put the end straight down into the ground and the water will do the drilling, just keep gently pushing the pipe gently down...takes a few minutes if ya dont hit rock--if ya hit rock try a foot or two away--if ya have lotsa rock, then this wont work.when it gets to ground level--take off thread end, glue on next section of pipe, and do again till ya hit water...find out how deep to get to the water by dropping a weighted line down yer existing well and measure how far down ya went till ya hit water, go that far plus a few feet, and bam..hook it to your extra pump and ya got yer irrigation well.
easy peasy.

Holy Shite, dude.

For the first time in over 1/2 a decade I must admit that I'm impressed with the fact that I just learned how to PUNCH DRILL a well - and I learned it at PHOTOSHOPCONTEST.COM! AWESOME!!! Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri May 02, 2008 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Holy Shite, dude.

For the first time in over 1/2 a decade I must admit that I'm impressed with the fact that I just learned how to PUNCH DRILL a well - and I learned it at PHOTOSHOPCONTEST.COM! AWESOME!!! Very Happy

"PSC" now stands for "Practical Stuff Compendium"! Laughing

janetdog

Post Sat May 03, 2008 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Ironically enough, That would be the easiest method for Tofu to run his straw under the road and the boat ramp. Just as long as nothing really heavy drives over it afterwards.

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

This is a test message just to see if I can reply to posts (have been having some problems posting on this site as a newbie).

I picked this thread, however, because it's just amazing to me how many of the replies focussed on house-painting rather than answering a Photoshop technical question... (thanks--finally!--FootFungas!)

FootFungas wrote:
If you still want to know how to do it in PS, I used Hue/Saturation set to colorize. Not amazing results, but it does ok.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How the HECK do I change the color on my house? - Reply to topic