Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - No shows & respecting ones that did - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

Just wanted to say please comment and say what ya think of the work etc on the no shows, I mean the ones that did show up deserve to hear what everyone thinks. And not just, 'oh look an easy route to the next round' People put a lot of effort in and its annoying when its a no show, nothing the other guy can do about it.

All the same show ya appreciation to the proper full on h2h comps, I like to try to talk about both entries in my comment if possible, as a great deal of skill and time has usually been sunk into these entries.

Everyone deserves to know what people think.

TheShaman

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

There, there, chin up little buddy! We all know you worked extremely long and hard on your entry, all the while forsaking your duties as a father and husband.

It will be ok... really.

Hug

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
There, there, chin up little buddy! We all know you worked extremely long and hard on your entry, all the while forsaking your duties as a father and husband.

It will be ok... really.

Hug

Laughing I knew that would be the first response, but it true, and I was thinking it, so nobody was gonna say but me I guessed, so hey. Razz

dewdew

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

So very true Marco.....while a win is a win...no-one likes to win by forfit. No-one that is competitive anyways.....so while it maybe an easy advancement, it would still be nice to get feedback.....who know's.....the comments may help in the next round...Great job to everyone in the H2H......Some great stuff, and ideas for sure.

TheShaman

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing I know. Just yanking your chain brother.

I think it sucks that people no-show.
Esp when you see the effort put forth by the one who did show up.

HELL,
I was swamped at work, and I still got mine done!

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

annajon

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Marco, did you wash your hands after taking that picture?

But seriously - I voted for all the contests, I commented on a few, I just wish I had a bigger vocabulary sometimes in English to expresse myself better. So, even when I did not give any comment on an image, I voted for it, because I liked it best of the two. Even when it was heartbreaking sometimes that I could only vote for one of the two.

But now that we are on the subject of commenting, it is sad that one can't comment on both entries and vote for one or the other. That would leave more choice what to say, don't you think?

marcoballistic

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:22 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

mmmmmmmmm crothcy Mr. Green

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

I voted on all the contests, and I gotta say, there were sooooo many awesome entries it was hard to pick one. I was in a hurry so I didn't leave any comments, but I just wanted to say great job to all who participated, and good luck too.

Granulated

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

I'm just sitting here wondering why the first match in the list has had over 40 more voters than the matches at the other end of the listing

ReyRey

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

If I comment on each one, the voting will be over before I finish. I'm sure everyone will comment after the contest is over, so put some lotion on that ass Marco and get it ready for some ass kissin' Shocked (just a "good job" from me Wink )

Stevster

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
I'm just sitting here wondering why the first match in the list has had over 40 more voters than the matches at the other end of the listing

It's kind of like a running marathon and only half finish the race Cool

ReyRey

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

People have not finished voting for all the entries yet?
(Billtvshow always seems to get more votes for his contests.)

edovan

Post Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

I've voted in all contests as well, but sometimes it was really tricky. Mostly because of the two entries were equally good, but in a few (about 2) cases it was more like "Uhm, which is less worse than the other"... But I still voted. Smile

In general I think the entries have a very good quality. Thank you everyone for showing what you can do with a dry old insect on an equally dry piece of wood! cheers
Mir

Post Wed May 21, 2008 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

But seriously - I voted for all the contests, I commented on a few, I just wish I had a bigger vocabulary sometimes in English to expresse myself better. So, even when I did not give any comment on an image, I voted for it, because I liked it best of the two. Even when it was heartbreaking sometimes that I could only vote for one of the two.

But now that we are on the subject of commenting, it is sad that one can't comment on both entries and vote for one or the other. That would leave more choice what to say, don't you think?[/quote]

I totally agree with you Anna and feel the same way, I commented on most, but sometimes both images were so good that I felt I could not comment on one without remarking on how good the other one was as well which did not seem right to do, on the one getting the vote, comments box. ( hope that makes sense). I think everyone did their best and some are really fantastic. Good job everyone.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - No shows & respecting ones that did - Reply to topic