Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Your H2H entry comments. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

i noticed a few said it looked real thanks for those comments...the countertop, wall, reflections and cabnets were all made via ps... the pizza pan, sink, peperoni, tomatoes, and washer were externals. the pizza dough and window are manipulated source. thanks for the votes and comments and grats to jos for win and the opportunity in the h2h round 2 Wink
-m-

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
....Hell after seeing it...i wanted Volks wasp back.....Does this mean the next source will suck even more...
Mr. Dew2, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Just to be precise (as usual)
- Volks is short for Volkswes (the VW guy)
- Voks is short for vokaris (yours truly)

bneises

Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
I hated the source. I hate my crummy entry. The only thing I like about it is the teeth. I wish I had lost. Candron did a fine clean up job.
Now I have to get squished by BTVS.

And look at that stupid face in my portfolio forever. Embarassed

Whatever, that was a fine entry, and better use of the source than an awful lot of entries.
Don't sell yourself short!

On another note I really liked Reggie's this round, I know he does the painted style somewhat frequently, but that particular one was just so right for the source, great job!
Goat1981

Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Rey^2, Beet, and badcop. Smile I'm glad you guys enjoyed my entry.

I knew I would have a run for my money when I saw DB's PSC themed chop...my entry had so many perspective and scale problems that I just didn't have time (or the energy to, after searching for externals for so long.. Evil or Very Mad ) to correct.

Oh well...next Monday / Tuesday would've been very difficult to do an entry (I'm traveling on those days).

Congrats, DB.

My favorites of the round:

Mason. Such a neat and clean entry...and great to look at. I love fantasy-style entries.

Shaman. I'm a bit surprised this lost (though, screwloose's stingray was awesome....so I can see that). I really liked the idea, color, and composition.

supak0ma Great idea, and wonderfully clean.

ReyRey I really wanted to do this idea, except have the pie filled with a fly-filling...but I thought that would gross people out and that there would be a thousand pies. Smile However, Rey's pie looks amazing...his skill and attention to detail is inspiring.

Marco Loved his...MINOR lighting issues aside. Really a great idea and nicely integrated.

Those stood out to me. A tough source, for sure. Congrats to all the winners! Very Happy[/b]

Tawiskaro

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
I hated the source. I hate my crummy entry. The only thing I like about it is the teeth. I wish I had lost. Candron did a fine clean up job.
Now I have to get squished by BTVS.

And look at that stupid face in my portfolio forever. Embarassed

Whatever, that was a fine entry, and better use of the source than an awful lot of entries.
Don't sell yourself short!

On another note I really liked Reggie's this round, I know he does the painted style somewhat frequently, but that particular one was just so right for the source, great job!

Looking back on my comments above, I hate them almost as much as I hate my entry! Sounds like I'm fishing for compliments. But thanks, Bill.

I liked, Reggie's, too, but Stevster's was my personal favorite.

Granulated

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

best of the round: Stevester

my fave: Vunt VP..for various reasons !

pakimo

Post Fri May 30, 2008 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

My faves for round 2 (exept for my own entry of course !! Laughing )

Meaty, bx3800, supak0ma, deshone, MattBlack, marcoballistic, Serps, ReggieNoble2.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
best of the round: Stevster...
With all due respect to our reigning H2H champion, and a wonderful round 2 entry, I would like to bring some attention to the flawed reflections (yes, yada yada yada). The 'flip layer vertically' doesn't always work, especially for 3d-like objects seen at an angle.

This is what I think the viewer would see - mainly the underside of the spiraling rings following the direction of the curves. Some wave deformations wouldn't hurt either. My sketch is rather crude, but I hope you do get the idea.

Again, I'm not trying to bring down Steve's entry, just trying to raise the bar a bit.

screwloose

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, I agree the eye on my stingray is kinda crappy as I look at it again.

And I can think of a few other things I'd change if I could but since no one else mentioned them I won't either Razz

And since I'm here might as well say, on my first entry ( the giant wasp ) Yes! I know the shadows were off OKAY!!!!! Laughing Laughing

Not that I'm making excuses ( ok, maybe I am, ha! ) But with both of them I only had time to start them the night before and then get up early to see what adjustments are needed.

BUT ONWORD I GO! Woo! My first time making it past round 2!

Thanks for the votes!!!

dewdew

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
dewdew wrote:
....Hell after seeing it...i wanted Volks wasp back.....Does this mean the next source will suck even more...
Mr. Dew2, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Just to be precise (as usual)
- Volks is short for Volkswes (the VW guy)
- Voks is short for vokaris (yours truly)

What....you mean they are two of you.... Doh! Dam'mit.....they are multipying. Embarassed

Hey, VOKs that was meant in a good way..CROSS MY HEART.. Laughing ..The wasp was far better than the lilly's. Both have been a challange to chop, but the floating turds of green.. Argh .they just did not jump start my idea making machine. Besides, you dont see me posting pictures i took because.....well.....i suck at photography just as much as i do at manipulating others photo's. Laughing

Meaty is who had that far-out landscaped pad...now that was some good work. Also whoever done the turtle head sticking up with the pad on top....that was a killer chop.. Reggie if they can't tell it was all your work....all they have to do is check out your portfolio.....You have a lot of talent bud.

cherylm329

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Granulated wrote:
best of the round: Stevster...
With all due respect to our reigning H2H champion, and a wonderful round 2 entry, I would like to bring some attention to the flawed reflections (yes, yada yada yada). The 'flip layer vertically' doesn't always work, especially for 3d-like objects seen at an angle.

This is what I think the viewer would see - mainly the underside of the spiraling rings following the direction of the curves. Some wave deformations wouldn't hurt either. My sketch is rather crude, but I hope you do get the idea.

Again, I'm not trying to bring down Steve's entry, just trying to raise the bar a bit.

I made some mistakes in mine too, but I was probably penalized more for it than Steve was Sad

arcaico

Post Fri May 30, 2008 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
The wasp was far better than the lilly's. Both have been a challange to chop, but the floating turds of green.. Argh .they just did not jump start my idea making machine.

Don't worry dewsquared. You won't have to worry about sources after next round. I promise I won't get sick again and give ya a good old nice knockout... Evil or Very Mad

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
I can't believe beghin lost!
Huge disappointment. I always look forward to his work.

Thought Goat would've won that as well.

Also would've been nice if Jerico put some more thought into his entry. He has a ton of talent.

And showcase too. As much as I fight with the old man, I think he can create great chops. I think that some people get too busy or have no "ideas".

BTW I suck at H2H's because of those very reasons. When you are FORCED to post using the source instead of being able to CHOOSE which contests/sources you want to work on, it's a whole different ball game. One where I've been benched early every time I play!

Embarassed

*edit*
I think Hellraiser deserves a mention here. Turning a lily pad into puke is pretty cool...especially with shoe splatters. Laughing

Post Fri May 30, 2008 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I was interested to see that there were two 'elephant footprint' chops, because that was my initial thought when I first saw the source.

Well done to all. I really enjoyed Steves, Grans, Vunt's, BX's, Mark's and BTVS's

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Your H2H entry comments. - Reply to topic