Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

nifft wrote:
how about to give the ability to vote only to who have a minimum of 10 entries and 200 votes, it can discourage the creation of alias and fact like this.
my point exactly

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm going to take a nap.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's your tummy rub, Mr. T

cpendy

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay - Nobody said Gee "Cpendy" what do you think.... but I know you all wanted to know so I will tell you....

I have been here for one month and 4 days. I have posted 23 entries, 171 votes so about 7 votes averaged per contest. I am thankful for those votes as most of them are probably pitty votes I accept them graciously but do not expect to receive any. I have owned Photoshop for one month and 6 days and have no idea what I am doing. I do not have a lot of time to spend playing but enjoy every second I do get. I love the comments and the help I get from those of you who know what you are doing. I appreciate it. I can also tell you that if I posted an absolutly outstanding entry I will still not expect to win. I am here for fun. Would it be cool to win a contest? Yes... but, my life does not depend on it and if the "favorite friends" vote for each other kudos' to them for having friends. I vote for the ones I like. Sometimes there are outstanding chops that I just don't like or don't get so I don't vote. Sometimes there not so wonderfully integrated chops that crack me up because of the idea so I vote. Sometimes I forget to log in and don't vote at all. Maybe I don't take this site seriously enough maybe other take it too much that way. I can tell you I have liked it here and I appreciate everyone at all of the different levels. For those of you who are concerned about votes use all of the ones you might have put on my contest and use them for the one that you really think should win.

People - Have fun. Its a game, there are always going to be cheaters and liars and mean people who suck and nice people who .... anyway-- chop and have fun look at me, I am remedial at best and keep coming back. Don't take it so seriously.

VOTE CPENDY! lol

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Here's your tummy rub, Mr. T

Lower. Lower. Lower. Laughing

MindGraph

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

cpendy wrote:
Okay - Nobody said Gee "Cpendy" what do you think.... but I know you all wanted to know so I will tell you....

I have been here for one month and 4 days. I have posted 23 entries, 171 votes so about 7 votes averaged per contest. I am thankful for those votes as most of them are probably pitty votes I accept them graciously but do not expect to receive any. I have owned Photoshop for one month and 6 days and have no idea what I am doing. I do not have a lot of time to spend playing but enjoy every second I do get. I love the comments and the help I get from those of you who know what you are doing. I appreciate it. I can also tell you that if I posted an absolutly outstanding entry I will still not expect to win. I am here for fun. Would it be cool to win a contest? Yes... but, my life does not depend on it and if the "favorite friends" vote for each other kudos' to them for having friends. I vote for the ones I like. Sometimes there are outstanding chops that I just don't like or don't get so I don't vote. Sometimes there not so wonderfully integrated chops that crack me up because of the idea so I vote. Sometimes I forget to log in and don't vote at all. Maybe I don't take this site seriously enough maybe other take it too much that way. I can tell you I have liked it here and I appreciate everyone at all of the different levels. For those of you who are concerned about votes use all of the ones you might have put on my contest and use them for the one that you really think should win.

People - Have fun. Its a game, there are always going to be cheaters and liars and mean people who suck and nice people who .... anyway-- chop and have fun look at me, I am remedial at best and keep coming back. Don't take it so seriously.

VOTE CPENDY! lol

well said....glad you stopped in! Wink

Doodler!

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
nifft wrote:
how about to give the ability to vote only to who have a minimum of 10 entries and 200 votes, it can discourage the creation of alias and fact like this.
my point exactly

Laughing that is almost impossible but possible.. your first post without advantage could be a red hot ZINGER... and you wouldnt get more than 10 votes.. it would come in too late, and you could not imply the popular themes to protect the alias. plus you want to start out bad as an alais...

20 vpp can be reached at 10 posts with a smart alias easily.. I have not met many "smart" aliases, not even mine..

YEH IT CAN BE DONE EASILY Very Happy

anabrin

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

anabrin wrote:
I think that 25 votes are many votes, it makes me sad not to spend all of them .. I always spend all .. and sometimes I vote for entries for that i would not vote of having, for example, 10 or 3 or: THE ONLY ONE for which the best creates! ... but I believe that this should be frustrating for many of us.

They are not votes of pity!!!!, I always vote for something that I like, although I do not like the chop completely ... I do not even like mine completely and I am always surprised when I am at the top in the competition, I hope not to have offended nobody Sad if it is like that ask for excuses, sorry Crying or Very sad

nifft

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Doodler! wrote:
vokaris wrote:
nifft wrote:
my point exactly

Laughing that is almost impossible but possible.. your first post without advantage could be a red hot ZINGER... and you wouldnt get more than 10 votes.. it would come in too late, and you could not imply the popular themes to protect the alias. plus you want to start out bad as an alais...

20 vpp can be reached at 10 posts with a smart alias easily.. I have not met many "smart" aliases, not even mine..

figure out when all this *lb classroom will reach 10 entries Laughing
it's to easily now to vote and to mantein vote power, sometimes there are voters with 12 entries and they joined more than 1 year ago.

ok ok i'll stfuac

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:45 pm   Reply with quote         

nifft wrote:
Doodler! wrote:
vokaris wrote:
nifft wrote:
my point exactly

figure out when all this *lb classroom will reach 10 entries Laughing
it's to easily now to vote and to mantein vote power, sometimes there are voters with 12 entries and they joined more than 1 year ago.

ok ok i'll stfuac

make a system to rate "people who vote"... the better the rating the more powerful the vote. so everytime you "call foul" on someones vote you can hit them with a bad rating.

then put a rating system on the people who post crap and get alot of votes... They get to show 1/2 of thier image

Designed2522

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
cpendy wrote:

VOTE CPENDY! lol

well said....glad you stopped in! Wink

NO, NO, No YOU ROCK!!!!

acemanoj

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:51 am   Reply with quote         

What's happening to PSC.

Its all falling apart. Sad

Micose

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
nifft wrote:
my point exactly

YES.
MODS, please really take this in consideration....
Showcase

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

How dare you people have a discussion like this when Im not here! pffft!!

I have some really good insight and points to confuse you all with but I prefer to leave that up to Scionshade these days.

Carry on.

someone say hi to reinman for me...and nancers too.
well, give nancers a slap on the ass for me after you say hi and wink. That would be dandy.

Cool Laughing

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Most veterans here will tell you that anonymous voting is NOT the way to go. people that want to collude will do so whether or not there is anonymous voting.

A great chop is a great chop, period. A crappy chop that a few people throw alias votes and friend votes at doesn't really change much. It might end up beating a crappy post of mine, but SO WHAT? I should have done better with MY post.

The advantages of open voting actually HELP the n00bs. I have often given advice to people I know are newbies. I also often base my vote on their portfolio and past work. If the voting is anonymous, I LOSE these VALUABLE tools. How can I tell if they are new and posting something great, a vet and posting crap, or a gumby that I am trying to follow their progress?

The reason it's not 10 votes any more is to be able to encourage new choppers when they are improving - and TRYING. It's not about pure talent here, it's about community as well.

Keep the voting open.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic