Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Voting / Commenting - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Were the comments helpfull?

Yes

79%

79%

[ 23 ]

no

10%

10%

[ 3 ]

Get out you hypacrit!

10%

10%

[ 3 ]

Total Votes: 29

Tea Man

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

on the windmill contest, which some may have already, noticed i took the opportunity to either vote or comment on what i thought of each image with what i liked or didn't like. I have always thought that people should do this to help others learn or atleast make a slight comment on what's wrong.

So i do this to hopefully try and help but remember that I AM NOT A PRO CHOPPER (as i have never even placed top 3) and my comments could be completely wrong or even idiotic Very Happy , but if you think i'm wrong please tell me, not only can the chopper be helped but the critic and be more useful with more knowledge

So, hopefully it will encourage some people to do more commenting, if not, oh well, hope my comments weren't completely un-useful

-Tea Man

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:25 pm   Reply with quote         

very much like my "take a crack at matt" thread i started...after i left a bunch of comments/votes on the street entry... in my op crits are good unless they were from (one that we shall not name) those were the types of crits that just pissed everyone off and served no purpose.

so i voted yes because the one you left on mine agrees w/ what others have said. i also liked the fact that you included the positive sides of the chop.

one person that i absolutly thinks leaves the best crits/comments/votes is patre... and i feel your comment was to his styling/wording.

don't second guess your self... i found this out in the thread i started that i mentioned earlier. but as a reminder you yourself must be able to take and recv the same types of crits that you may leave on ones art. so yeah it helped and thanks Wink
-m-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Tarmac

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:45 pm   Reply with quote         

A lot of people come here to chop for ego validations (votes). Some actually come to improve what they do. Others to bitch at others. I think what you did took a hell of a lot of time and energy, and of the comments I saw, none where mean spirited. I personally don't give a rat's tail about the skewed voting here, but rather want to improve my skills. So yes, I like what you did, as long as respect and genuine interest in helping others is maintained. Thanks Tea Man for adding to, and not subtracting from our community today.

Wink

Tea Man

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

@ matt, i also think patre has the best comments, and as for taking criticism please be as mean and critical to me on my entries as you like Laughing

Also, this is important to pretty much everyone, i have 2 comps at the moment, one new with some pretty high specs for gaming and a crappy one. If i look at the same entry on both, they look almost NOTHING alike, so if some people like your entry or you don't know why you're doing bad, remember that not everyone is seeing the same image

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

In addition to what you have stated about the comments I feel it would also be a good idea to have to mark one of the catagories before you can submit your vote
Authenticity Execution Humor
Idea Theme Other
Someone may have completly jacked up the execution but had an amazing idea or theme that took the source to a whole new level. I think it would help everyone. I just think that it is odd to see a chop get 40+ votes but only 2 or 3 good execution or other catagory. If someone really is counting on the votes on this bad ass website they can sort there entry by catagory and say wow my chop sucked balls I didn't come close to the top three but damn it everyone thought it was the funniest. That inspires the crap out of me I think I will stick around a bit longer and work on my execution.

Tesore

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Tea Man
nice pattern and artistic style, but there isn't a whole lot done with it other than the making of a pattern and background colorizing, so i'm going to hold my vote for the moment

I answered you Wink

That's oke TM, it's just a 'visual'. I need to try everything with PS (also for my work, making posters and stuff: eye catchers). Appreciate your comment! Thnx.

I have respect for the most of the comments. Sometimes it is a matter of taste... I can not fight against that. But I always appreciates honesty!

salut

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing @ tea man.... i couldn't find it in my heart to be mean as it happened to me but i will try and leave constructive thoughts even if they are wrong Embarassed

@ jerry new comer... stick around longer dude you have nothing but knowledge to learn and im glad you get inspired from this place...

more power to the both of you... and as tarmac said thanks for bringing positivity to PSC today Wink
-m-

Tea Man

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, i should have put in the marks for the best aspect of an image but forgot about it lol

and my taste on art isn't really broad unfortunately, but i'm going to try to work on it Wink

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:30 pm   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
In addition to what you have stated about the comments I feel it would also be a good idea to have to mark one of the catagories before you can submit your vote
Idea Theme Other
Someone may have completly jacked up the execution but had an amazing idea or theme that took the source to a whole new level. I think it would help everyone. I just think that it is odd to see a chop get 40+ votes but only 2 or 3 good execution or other catagory. If someone really is counting on the votes on this bad ass website they can sort there entry by catagory and say wow my chop sucked balls I didn't come close to the top three but damn it everyone thought it was the funniest. That inspires the crap out of me I think I will stick around a bit longer and work on my execution.

I think this is an excellent idea: force categorization. I always forget to categorize. Ranking high in the humor gallery gives me a kick, but I could kick myself for forgetting to give others a deserved "atta-boy". Often I vote without comment because I don't have time to say anything useful, but if I were forced to categorize as part of the voting process, I might give someone a helpful slap on the back. It would be nice, too, if others could see which category the voter selected for the work in question.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
jerryhami wrote:
Idea Theme Other

I think this is an excellent idea: force categorization. I always forget to categorize. Ranking high in the humor gallery gives me a kick, but I could kick myself for forgetting to give others a deserved "atta-boy". Often I vote without comment because I don't have time to say anything useful, but if I were forced to categorize as part of the voting process, I might give someone a helpful slap on the back. It would be nice, too, if others could see which category the voter selected for the work in question.
i always pick a category but thats because i take the time to leave a comment on eveyones work that i vote on... but this addition would speed things up and i think its a good thing to point out Wink

mastermason

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:23 am   Reply with quote         

TEA MAN. With regards to your comment on my entry I did answer you but just in case you missed that.

I personally think your excuse is pretty lame and feeble. The majority of all entries just used the blades as did I.

Personally I think the voting system in here sucks. And as much as I love to win it is all about what one can create out of whatever shit is handed to you.

And there is no prize you just have to settle for the encouraging comments that are left.

annajon

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

Quote -Tea Man
hmm, not quite my style of an image, the fan is a little grainy and doesn't go with the background well the story itselft is very sad though =(

Reply - on quote Tea Man by annajon
The fan is colour picked out of the original and has to be like this, because it is just an echo of what was.... Tea Man

I realise now that you will not have time to go over all the entries again, to see what people think. Nice job on the commenting, I know it takes a very long time to do that.

I do hope you understand what I mean in my reply. It was ment to be that way, so to speak - don't ask me to speak artistic please, because I never went to school to learn the artistic speak. I do everything by heart.

Dechene

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:32 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Tea Man
i like this, good idea and alright execution, seems undervoted unless it was just put in

No problem with the comment you left me, I happen to agree with it! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am not a whore! But if it helps with getting votes...I can be... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tea Man

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

@mastermason: i was trying to include bad things on peoples entries to make an attempt to help improvement, but on some i couldn't think of much. I voted on yours before i commented meaning that the problems weren't serious in anyway in pretty much "just an excuse", you're right.

@ anna: i did kind of understand the colors, but wanted an explanation, did go through the video a couple times though.

@ dechene: vote whoring is ok sometimes, as long as no one knows about it Wink

going to go back over them again, excuse me real quick...

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:

I am not a whore! But if it helps with getting votes...I can be... Laughing Laughing Laughing
did some one say WHORE??? Laughing ok dech you can be the whore of this thread but don't come over to the other thread as i allready claimed my spot of WHORE over there Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Voting / Commenting - Reply to topic