Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Source? - Reply to topic

Lord Slayer

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I have an idea, what if you make a rule that everyone needs to post pictures he worked with on contest?
Now, there are some advantages and some disadvantages of that, we could make a discussion.
We will be able to see who tried hard and who got lucky and just pasted contest image (that would be me Very Happy ).

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

thats only interresting when there are a lot of externals used, see work from sjitske amazing lot of things brought to gether, but you have a nice way of thinking here, i started to post externals if people ask or if i think it is a good entrie , so the new ones good pick up something out of it to learn

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

How would you enforce it? That alone is reason enough for why it wouldn't be implemented.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe a separate form on the upload page to list different sources so you don't run out of space in the authors comment area, but we don't need any more rules IMO.

mikey

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Anyone can post there sources if they want to show how they used it in their work, but let's not make this site like the other one" you know what I'm talking about, where everything is paranoid about copyrights and you will have your entry removed if you don't follow the rules! Evil or Very Mad I love the freedom and honest, for the most part" friendly people at PSC. who won't cut your throat to make a measly couple of bucks! Cool

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it is just good form in general to post the externals used in a chop if they are readily available, or if (like some of my stuff) the source isn't always obvious. Then, if you post the outside source, it makes it easier to see where the PSC source was used.

Another idea that could help with this is to make the description area of the entry submission able to hold more text, that way entrants can describe what they did and/or why they did it in more detail. Or post more links to externals they used if they are online.

I hate it when the description gets cut off, then you have to go and comment on your own piece so people can see what the heck you were talking about in the first place.

http://www.track4va.com

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Anyone can post there sources if they want to show how they used it in their work, but let's not make this site like the other one" you know what I'm talking about, where everything is paranoid about copyrights and you will have your entry removed if you don't follow the rules! Evil or Very Mad I love the freedom and honest, for the most part" friendly people at PSC. who won't cut your throat to make a measly couple of bucks! Cool
yes 1000 times yes

mastermason

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I am 100% in agreement Mikey. I did belong to the other site, and things just got totally out of control with the copyright issue and having to produce a step by step guide as to how you achieved your result. Bollocks to that. I throughly enjoy the freedom here and if this was to become another rule then I'm outta here.

Lord Slayer

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I forgot copyright Crying or Very sad Laughing
nvm then this is much better, i dont want to look for copyright for every pic Very Happy

jerryhami

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

Lord Slayer wrote:

We will be able to see who tried hard and who got lucky and just pasted contest image (that would be me Very Happy ).

Do you like the Picture or not? That is the question if a chop is NOT all source then 80% of the chop is looking for external pics which is talent in itself. Every source pic is different. If it takes 1 ext. or 20 in the end it still took *PHOTOSHOP* ,sweat and the Love of doing it to put it together in the form of your interpretation of Art. If you don't like what someone has done then don't vote for it (unless it is your buddy or however that works here) If you would like to see the externals because your curious or you think it might help just ask for them. I know in my case the Internet is so slow here it takes sometimes up to a minute just for 1 page to open so you can imagine trying to upload external pics for every contest.

Jerry

Lord Slayer

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:15 am   Reply with quote         

true Very Happy

Tonto

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
How would you enforce it?

We can ask the person to swear to God!

janetdog

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

Honestly, It's usually pretty evident to me who okie dokes a picture. Besides, Most people that post psd's are just showing off. Some of them go over 30 megs and have layers and features my ps7 doesn't understand.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

first of all, this idea will not work...
second i didnot say psd, just pictures ...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Source? - Reply to topic