Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh for fuck sake I did not make it a rule, get that thru a head will ya. Im not the only person that asks for externals, but I will if I want to know what was done. Why? because I want to give the person the benefit of explaining what they did. I have no problem with cut and paste its great part of PS but a very small part, there is a lot more to ps than just those two tools.

Oh and stop using w1k, man that's an old old argument here, if you think asking for your externals is wrong man you need to meditate a lot more.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Oh for fuck sake I did not make it a rule, get that thru a head will ya. Im not the only person that asks for externals, but I will if I want to know what was done. Why? because I want to give the person the benefit of explaining what they did. I have no problem with cut and paste its great part of PS but a very small part, there is a lot more to ps than just those two tools.

Oh and stop using w1k, man that's an old old argument here, if you think asking for your externals is wrong man you need to meditate a lot more.
if a chopper will give his externals , he or she has to be free to give them thats all, now excuse me i go meditate Laughing have a nice night , laters

the burning couch

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

if a chopper will give his externals , he or she has to be free to give them thats all, now excuse me i go meditate Laughing have a nice night , laters

OK....I'm gonna say it ONE MORE TIME.....and I'm gonna highlight the important bits.
Quote:
Everybody should post externals. It doesn't take so FRIGGIN!! long to put them all into one FRIGGIN!! image and "photo bucket" or whatever other FRIGGIN!! image hoster ya please) ... does it?
What the hell's the huff about? jeeeeeezuz...... FUCK'N A!! ooop

*wipes sweat off brow*

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

abstract is still shite

Hallcross Toots
mastermason

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't think anyone would mind posting sources.

The point is on this site we chop for the fun of it and not for the prizes as there is none.

Don't make this site like all the others. This site is unique.

Leave it to the individual. I willingly pay for the advantage because I enjoy it and the minute you start making or suggestions about sources it will only scare members away.

All that said I have nothing to hide and if I was entering a contest for a prize then I will willingly without being asked upload any sources I used.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:
I don't think anyone would mind posting sources.

The point is on this site we chop for the fun of it and not for the prizes as there is none.

Don't make this site like all the others. This site is unique.

Leave it to the individual. I willingly pay for the advantage because I enjoy it and the minute you start making or suggestions about sources it will only scare members away.

All that said I have nothing to hide and if I was entering a contest for a prize then I will willingly without being asked upload any sources I used.

That is so much bullshit if you have nothing to hide why are you hiding your externals. your externals show just how much skill you used to create your image.

As to fun yep I chop for fun, but I don't like being deceived either, I believed that you did a lot more work to your image than find a good external, but I asked politely if I could see your just how much. When you refused you made me think well what's he hiding. OH and your line about other sites and this being fun carry no weight this place has been fun with requests for externals or years.

Prizes yeah I hate prizes as well, don't care about winning either, as I said before I do care about honesty in PSC its an important commodity.

I pay for advantage as well and dont even chop all that much now days, I enjoy looking at the skills and the advancement of others here. Just like you I can request or make suggestions and scaring people off well I don't think so has not been a problem before don't think asking for clarification on some ones entry a bad thing.

splodge

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

blue is spooning misses lurker, so i will add fuel to the fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait we are not talkin abstract (spit) blue is pissed at the number of buddy votes going to piss poor cut and paste chops, show your source so we can see how little you have done: discuss

Hallcross Toots
mastermason

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

With honesty mate comes trust and you have to earn that.

The way you put it is "I would like to see external sources used before I vote."

That is a form of blackmail, hence why I acted the way I did.

But for the sake of peace I let you see the externals I used, so as you see I have nothing to hide as you put it.

Maybe a bit more diplomacy next time will get you a bit further.

splodge

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

was that aimed at me?

Hallcross Toots
mastermason

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Not unless you threatened not to vote for me unless I showed you sources but seeing you are a Yorkshire man like myself I doubt that very much as Yorkshire people are well known for their honesty/

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

It's not a big fucking deal. He wanted to see the amount of work you put into your chop before giving you a vote. End of story. That's NOT blackmail. IMO it's responsible voting. Not just throwing votes out like candy at a parade.

STUFAC. Or at least STFU.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
It's not a big fucking deal. He wanted to see the amount of work you put into your chop before giving you a vote. End of story. That's NOT blackmail. IMO it's responsible voting. Not just throwing votes out like candy at a parade.

STUFAC. Or at least STFU.

Respect for TutorMe...wtg! Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:
With honesty mate comes trust and you have to earn that.

The way you put it is "I would like to see external sources used before I vote."

That is a form of blackmail, hence why I acted the way I did.

But for the sake of peace I let you see the externals I used, so as you see I have nothing to hide as you put it.

Maybe a bit more diplomacy next time will get you a bit further.

WTF Blackmail, threaten, diplomacy, earn your trust.
"I would like to see external sources before I vote" man if you beleive that as a threat or blackmail you need to grow the fuck up.

That's it for me, this thread started of as a great debate about art and Etiquette, but its narrow minded attitudes about peoples concepts and here own ego boosting rights that fuck it up. Candron, mastermasion heres the straight up truth, in the zipper contest you both just cut and pasted some one else photos on to the source and expected to get votes praise or what ever. I just wanted to give credit where credit was due. To those people that went that little but further and tried to be different and improve there skills. For all I know you could have used fluidmask or autocut software to get the clean lines.

As this is my thread I started it Im gunna end it.

Splodge or any other mod that's awake please lock down this thread at my request. Leave it open but lock it down thank you.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Ok that’s enough from me and if I make this any longer half you buggers wont read it. Just remember this is an idea’s thread add your own pull mine to bits its what we do here.

Lurker out

DON'T LOCK ANOTHER THREAD.........PLEASE.

Everytime these threads come up and I follow them, where I see a discussion, everyone else seems to see a blown out of proportion argument.

It's just a discussion.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve you have not been accused of threatening or blackmailing some one. I think I have earnt a little respect over the years here nd yep it pisses me off. Sorry my sweet eve but I have had enough, I only just started to get back into the forums after the last lot of ego bullshit around here and then this shit starts again, why bother.

Luv ya eve but my call sexy.

Splodge lock it down thanks mate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.