Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Short film - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

leif

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

Hey guys,

I'm in a short film that I filmed last fall and it's been nominated for the very prestigious international Film Skillet contest. I'd love you guys to watch and vote if you have a chance. It only takes a second to vote and the film is 12 minutes.

Enjoy!

http://www.filmskillet.com/index.php?mode=stage&show_id=388

Leif

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

congrats for the nomination.

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

It seems well made... No glaring errors aside from some dodgey acting here and there...

A shed load of non-diegetic sounds to set the mood.
One thing stood out as more of a technical error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyYSibrrR00
Aside from that and the acting becoming more and more French sounding as the video went on...

sirenka

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

voted! congrats!

annajon

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I voted. And the coffee cup mistake was not that disturbing, it makes the detective look a little goofy.

Being a Canadian production (... is it?) I think the accent could have been heavier. I always liked that in Canadian TV series.

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

done!
leafy it must have taken forever to learn your lines though! Laughing Wink

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree its not as blatant as the hands in the matrix movie, but its just there.

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
It seems well made... No glaring errors aside from some dodgey acting here and there...

Aside from that and the acting becoming more and more French sounding as the video went on...

Let me get this straight -

Leif asked for a simple vote on his short film, but in return you...

A) Produced a youtube video highlighting a nonexistent continuity error

B) Took issue with accents sounding too French in a movie that's set in Quebec

C) Used the term, "non-diagetic sounds" for the sole purpose of informing everyone that you're down with the film lingo.

Honestly, are you just doing a parody of the Marx-Man persona or is this real?

Granulated

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

decent acting
decent direction
good cinematography
good editing
good sound/music

story.... hmmm... the ending really kicked me in the nuts and left me annoyed.

bneises

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Who were you?

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice film, Leif. Good acting. Voted.

Quicktime sucks! Would have been better watching it without all the buffering pauses. Someone should tell the webmaster of that site that they are living in the stone ages.

ReinMan

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:

Quicktime sucks! Would have been better watching it without all the buffering pauses. Someone should tell the webmaster of that site that they are living in the stone ages.

Sad Agree with Chopper (well, partially since I did not see the movie yet)... That site required quicktime 7 and I've upgraded to SnowLeopard and it doesn't use QT 7 - so it asked me to download QT7 so I could see Leif act. I said "F*ck that! I just spent money upgrading, i don't want to DOWNGRADE now just to see Leif act."

So - I'm gonna go back and see if I can download the movie file and convert it or something.

*edit* nope Sad

But I can't believe that they didn't use a general video format that can be viewed on any computer on this planet - how else will we ALL get to see Leif act? Crying or Very sad

annajon

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Chopper wrote:

Sad Agree with Chopper (well, partially since I did not see the movie yet)... That site required quicktime 7 and I've upgraded to SnowLeopard and it doesn't use QT 7 - so it asked me to download QT7 so I could see Leif act. I said "F*ck that! I just spent money upgrading, i don't want to DOWNGRADE now just to see Leif act."

So - I'm gonna go back and see if I can download the movie file and convert it or something.

*edit* nope Sad

But I can't believe that they didn't use a general video format that can be viewed on any computer on this planet - how else will we ALL get to see Leif act? Crying or Very sad

I got that message as well, at first. But I have Quick Time on my computer installed, so I opened that, then refreshed the page of the movie and hé presto, I watched the film - somehow it recognised it.

TheShaman

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
Marx-Man wrote:

Let me get this straight -

Leif asked for a simple vote on his short film, but in return you...

A) Produced a youtube video highlighting a nonexistent continuity error

he could have picked up the cup while he was 'off screen' or maybe... it was a magic cup!! Shocked seriously, I'm with badcop... Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
Chopper wrote:

*edit* nope Sad

I got that message as well, at first. But I have Quick Time on my computer installed, so I opened that, then refreshed the page of the movie and hé presto, I watched the film - somehow it recognised it.

That is INSANE. Good results though, Anna - thanks!

What I did was open Quicktime 10, then (as Anna suggested) went back to the Film Skillet page and RELOADED/REFRESHED that page. Magically, WITHOUT INSTALLING QT7, the movie was there!

I'm gonna go watch it now, and then come back and point out how bad it was and why I didn't vote for it! Wink Razz

(thanks Anna)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Short film - Reply to topic