Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - ReyRey's spoon - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ReyRey

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Tofu only reads the cliff notes.

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

You're a Genius ReyRey!
I hope someday I can be 1/2 as good as you when it comes to this kinda stuff. I mean, clipping, pasting, morphing & playing around with photos is one thing but it's true art when you can snap a spoon into existence...thanks for sharing.
All the tutorials really help too. salut

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
ReyRey - I was kind of thinking...who ever said you wanted it to look like it was a photograph? I honestly think if you can achieve "actual realism" - so much the better. I mean, my eyeballs don't have depth of focus and F-stops now, do they? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked

Actually they do Razz eyes have an automatic selective focus,

Focal range:
Actually is very small and unlike a camera cannot be changed it's about F1.8-3.5 for focal range of the human eye.
You only true focus on about 1% of your vision and that is central like tunnel vision, outside blur is the same shape as your lens it's circular, your brain compensates for this.
A quick test example for you to try is:
1)Hold your index fingers next to each other
2)Close one eye look at the right index finger and bring the left closer about 6 inches.
3)Now look at each finger as you switch you should see the other go out of focus, it takes about half a second and might freak you out a bit. This is because of the muscles in the eye tensing to focus on close range objects, this tension causes eye strain and is why people need to take breaks from computers.

Also try this to freak your head out a bit:
1)Bring them together the same distance from the opened eye keeping the other closed.
2)Pull them apart about a foot look at the left one and the other should go out of focus and visa versa
This is the selective focus of your periphery, your brain tries to make up the image of a finger but it is not as sharp as the one your looking at, a camera however gets everything at the same range in focus and does not suffer with this.

If you want to really freak out the human eye has a blind spot,
1) Keeping your fingers together and level close your right eye
2) Look through your left eye at your right index finger
3) Starting together move the left index to the left and level slowly your finger tip will disappear at a certain spot once found try wiggling the tip and it should be invisible... freaky huh this is because the brain paints in the blank spot much like a clone stamp and because the majority of the image seen is the backdrop your index finger is literally chopped out this is compensated for with two eyes but still freaky eh Razz

ISO:
Photosensitive cells compensate automatically for low light conditions in fact your eyes have rods to help see in lower light conditions and cones for day and each are more sensitive to different colours this switching of cells are akin to your ISO

Shutter speed.
Although we work at speed of a blink in classical terms our eyes have a frame rate.
When looking at a wheel picking up speed when the revs per minute reach out frame rate the wheel appears to slow and reverse direction. (Cool note it's about 60fps pigeons can see a lot faster than us and in fact see films as slide shows)

Aperture
Our aperture is variable by pupil dilation to let more light in, doctors often check pupil dilation with a light when light is shone on our pupil our eyes dilate to compensate so we can still see at the right light levels.
It's so fast you don't even notice, this image demonstrates.

Looks like they are different but actually

They are the same this is because your brain is used to adjusting your aperture (Dilation) for surrounding shadows and even does it faster than you can think.

This stuff interests me so I can go on for ages but I think I will end it here, basically as close to photo real as you can get it the better for just general realism.

ReyRey

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

What????? Can you repeat that? Shocked

cafn8d

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I really enjoyed reading all that... except for that left turn on page 1... um... you, okay, gref? Hmmm

I know xyloz's comments seem like a lot of effort for ReyRey's relatively quick and simple spoon demo, and ReyRey may have already known most of it already, but I didn't. I learned a lot between the two of you. It always drives me crazy when I'm looking at a chop, especially some really nice eye-candy, but can't put my finger on why it doesn't quite "feel" right. Xyloz just explained quite a few aspects that will help put such chops in perspective, so to speak. Not that I can created all that in my own chops, mind you, but I can be a better voter... when I vote. Wink

Thank you both! I think you have each accomplished what you set out to do in your posts. Smile

And I remember testing my blindspot back in 7th grade health class. I don't thank you so much, xyloz, for making me feel old. Razz

Tarmac

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
I really enjoyed reading all that... except for that left turn on page 1... um... you, okay, gref? Hmmm

I Like the Occasional Left Turn, is that wrong? Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - ReyRey's spoon - Reply to topic