Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Ol' PSC - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

The Ol' PSC

as for PSC
what can one say.
so sad to see
and gets worse day to day.

our once thriving,creative home,
now feels lonelier than being alone,
reduced to a trickle of apathý.
so what has happened to PSC?

all things must pass,the wise men claim
it's law of life,no one to blame
so while you can and while you may
carpe diem...seize the day!

and if by chance one silent night,
a shooting star appears in sight.
"I wish I may, I wish I might
have this wish I wish tonight."

and if this wish,I wish for you
is really real and could come true,
I'd ask the god of cosmic time
to help me finish off this silly rhyme...
then in a flash,
like something lost that you finally find,
this voice appeared,inside my mind.
not sure if it was tomorrow or yesterday
but in a quiet whisper I heard it say,

"I know this may seem
like a soursweet dream
and it will be yours and mine
but only for a very short time...

now with the power bestowed to me
I bring you back the ol' PSC !"

YerPalAl

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I wish you could,pal. I certainly miss the old days and have a lot to be grateful to this site for; Learning PS, friendships, laughs, tears. I love this place.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
I wish you could,pal. I certainly miss the old days and have a lot to be grateful to this site for; Learning PS, friendships, laughs, tears. I love this place.

thumright Hug

you could join in with a chop or two for ol' times sake Smile

monopoid

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

"I knew Bush was rotten the first time I laid eyes on him."
YerPalAl
--
That'l do.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 am   Reply with quote         

monopoid wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

YerPalAl
--
That'l do.
Yeah so true

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

...and Luxwiz has so succinctly given the reason for exactly why PSC isn't as strong as ever.
Dunno who you were before Mono, but you nailed the exact cause.

YerPalAl

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

monopoid wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

YerPalAl
--
That'l do.

I still stand by that. He only looks good now because of the faker in the White House.

tilak

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Try providing fifty bucks reward every day, i bet PSC will get dozens of entries and lot of fun ha ha.....

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

YPA once again reiterates why PSC is empty.
Toxic NPC crap.

UnQualifiedGentleman

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:34 am   Reply with quote         

Lol I love tilak's Idea why not XD Laughing

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

nothing wrong with making an few extra bucks but it's a shame money has to be the incentive to participate in these types of comps nowadays.Years back the every day comps had just as much participation as the prize comps.As well the attitudes of members then were much more attuned to mutual healthy communication and learning-teaching interactions.We did it for the fun,learning skills and social networking rewards of meeting people with similar creative interests and a spirit of comradery,not just for making an occasional $50 a week.Hate to say it but it just isn't like that anymore and there has been a tendency in the "last few years" towards a lack of those old skool ideals.

most entries - 145 (08-21-2003) no prize: http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/653/the-stang.html
most votes - 2,909 (05-01-2008) no prize: http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2445/multi-tiered-pot.html

Meaty

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:03 am   Reply with quote         

Being one of the guilty, other things took priority over PSC, but it really is a shame to see what once was a great community, i made some great friends here, enjoyed my challenges with all the other choppers. Would be great to see PSC back to an active group. not sure how that could happen besides word of mouth and a few fb posts.

Luxwiz

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 am   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
Being one of the guilty, other things took priority over PSC, but it really is a shame to see what once was a great community, i made some great friends here, enjoyed my challenges with all the other choppers. Would be great to see PSC back to an active group. not sure how that could happen besides word of mouth and a few fb posts.

sad to say but the way things are probably with prize comps every day,however although that would increase the participation I doubt very much that special community feeling will ever return Sad

Trann

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I came here to learn. I knew lessons weren't going to work for me because there was no inspiration behind it and I needed to not only find my way but learn from others as well. This place definitely taught me a lot. Prizes were never my goal (though I did covet votes like authenticity because that's what I was always trying to improve on). Had a lot of fun with the challenges, team events, H2H events. Things changed enough that I didn't need the PS skills anymore (I gave up that line of work) and I needed to spend my time in other ways. This was the same for a few other forums I frequented, too.

I probably pop in every few months just to look around, wistfully think about the past, and smile Smile

Hell, just previewing this post reminded me of the Scavenger Hunt! (I think we were supposed to fire off the next one but that never happened either...)

So if you're someone I've chopped with: thanks! It was always lots of fun.

monopoid

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:
I came here to learn. I knew lessons weren't going to work for me because there was no inspiration behind it and I needed to not only find my way but learn from others as well. This place definitely taught me a lot. Prizes were never my goal (though I did covet votes like authenticity because that's what I was always trying to improve on). Had a lot of fun with the challenges, team events, H2H events. Things changed enough that I didn't need the PS skills anymore (I gave up that line of work) and I needed to spend my time in other ways. This was the same for a few other forums I frequented, too.

I probably pop in every few months just to look around, wistfully think about the past, and smile Smile

Hell, just previewing this post reminded me of the Scavenger Hunt! (I think we were supposed to fire off the next one but that never happened either...)

So if you're someone I've chopped with: thanks! It was always lots of fun.

Old welders never die, they just melt away.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Ol' PSC - Reply to topic