Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - photoshopcontest.com Testing on New server required - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

MsgtBob wrote:
On Iron Basket contest, one of my votes with comment worked, the other did not (just vote count went up). Looked at others I have voted/commented on. Voting (even with comments) works on advantage members, and voting (without comments) works on non-advantage members, but voting (with comments) does not work on non-advantage members (only vote count goes up).

I experienced what is probably the same issue Bob reported. I voted with a comment on Bob's "Hey, George" entry in the Grand Canyon Gawkers contest. I am not sure if I clicked on "Vote" or "Vote+next entry". I looked at other entries and went back to Bob's. My vote and comment were not there, so I entered a test comment and voted a second time, pressing "Vote+next entry". This time, my vote and comment appeared, but the vote tally increased by two. I think the vote tally increased by one each time I voted. At the moment, Bob's tally shows seven votes, but the listed votes total only six.

I will try to reproduce the problem more precisely on another entry.

Okay, I tested voting with a comment on SplatShot's entry in the same contest. I clicked the "Vote" button. The vote and comment appeared. The vote tally increased by one.

I then voted with comment on velya42's entry by clicking on "Vote+next entry". The vote and comment appeared, and the vote tally increased by one.

Clearly, I missed something in my initial vote for Bob's entry.

Rajan, do I still have access to the test environment? I'd be happy to test this further, but I don't want to screw up anyone's vote tally here.

At this point, I recommend voters verify that their votes have registered and that they report any vote tally discrepancies.

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I attempted to comment on weedoo2's entry in the Grand Canyon Gawkers contest. I clicked "Comment". The comment tally increased by one, but the comment did not appear in the comments list.

This seems consistent with what Bob reported above.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:22 am   Reply with quote         

This thread is fine and all, but the owners are not visiting often. The messages I sent to rajan and pcsbuzz are left unopened in my outbox. The emails I'm sending are left unanswered.

Hope springs eternal...

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
This thread is fine and all, but the owners are not visiting often. The messages I sent to rajan and pcsbuzz are left unopened in my outbox. The emails I'm sending are left unanswered.

Hope springs eternal...

Still no responses?

SplatShot

Post Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

Hope springs eternal...

Thanks, hopefully we hear something soon...

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

They need to try turning it off and turning it on again

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

We were on Diwali holiday break (22nd oct to 26Oct) and have resumed updates to the site. Will keep all of you updated.

Thank you
Rajan

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:15 am   Reply with quote         

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
rajan wrote:
We are looking into it

"Hot Chops" Home Page top right table is not displaying. Error message when link is clicked "HTTP ERROR 500"

FIXED

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
I attempted to comment on weedoo2's entry in the Grand Canyon Gawkers contest. I clicked "Comment". The comment tally increased by one, but the comment did not appear in the comments list.

This seems consistent with what Bob reported above.

your comment is appearing http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/220531/big-rain.html

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
mikey wrote:
Blue truck won't update edit yet.

I think this is the same problem Mikey reported . I tried updating an entry and received this error:

This page isn’t workingphotoshopcontest.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

This appears to be a browser error message rather than an internal PSC error message.

It this error coming for blue truck only. Please let me know the steps to reproduce this error.

SplatShot

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
mikey wrote:

I think this is the same problem Mikey reported . I tried updating an entry and received this error:

This page isn’t workingphotoshopcontest.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

This appears to be a browser error message rather than an internal PSC error message.

It this error coming for blue truck only. Please let me know the steps to reproduce this error.

We are unable to update any contest image after submission. Here is the message we get when attempting to swap out an updated image file from our computer: "This page isn’t working photoshopcontest.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
"
Here is the URL we are directed to "http://photoshopcontest.com/submit-entry/post.html" We do however have the ability to edit the text portions of the submissions.
Thanks!
Code:

MsgtBob

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:

But it is still missing nine comments (look at count).

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
mikey wrote:

HTTP ERROR 500

The error appears to occur on any entry. You can reproduce it with your TEST entry in the Rusty Javelina contest. Find your image in the Advantage calendar or click on the image in your portfolio. Click the Edit This Image link from the Image Options list. Choose a new (replacement) file using the Upload Your Entry field. Finally, click the Update Entry link. It is at that point you will receive the error message.

Post Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
rajan wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
mikey wrote:

HTTP ERROR 500

The error appears to occur on any entry. You can reproduce it with your TEST entry in the Rusty Javelina contest. Find your image in the Advantage calendar or click on the image in your portfolio. Click the Edit This Image link from the Image Options list. Choose a new (replacement) file using the Upload Your Entry field. Finally, click the Update Entry link. It is at that point you will receive the error message.

FIXED, Please try now, Please hard refresh browser page using CTRL + F5 after update

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - photoshopcontest.com Testing on New server required - Reply to topic