Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I signed up for H2H...why was i not included? - Reply to topic

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Dear JMH,

I signed up for the H2H early on. Why was i not included? I even made it to round two last year against gort. Can you please explain why you excluded people who have participated in the past? Was it a numbers thing? I had been looking forward to this h2h for some time now and I was very disappointed to see i wasn't included. I might suggest that we wait a little longer for people to sign up. But thats just me.

-db

dewking

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

I've posted this message from JMH a few times in different forums... do we need to create a NEW topic each time?

Quote:
jmh132 04/05 @ 02:17 pm
first 64 made it in. there just was not enough for 128 this time.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
Micose

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess i will see you guys in next years tournament. i personally think just having 64 excludes too many good people that wanted to compete.

-db

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:33 am   Reply with quote         

I agree totally, the blacklisting scared alot off I'm thinking, maybe the blacklisting rule should not have been mentioned. I mean if someone doesnt turn up for comp day, they will most likely have a good reason. And the person he/she was up against will simply be put into the next round.

like any competative comp you may find.

I can understand why this rule has been bought in..... but at the same time I have counted and heard of at least 20 or so peeps that got cut. and I am sure there are many more. Just seems a really big shame Confused

Micose

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:22 am   Reply with quote         

agree with Marco
DaVinci

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

I also signed up for the H2H db, and I am also not included Confused

MoLinKo

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

I think more members would have signed up if there was more information about when the tournament was going to start.

How many people did sign up?

marcoballistic

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

yeah someone tell us Very Happy how many actually did get cut?

clantoncs

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
black·list n.

A list of persons or organizations that have incurred disapproval or suspicion or are to be boycotted or otherwise penalized.

I think "blacklisted" is pretty strong word to use here. It seems it wasn't a personal issue when JMH had to use 64 instead of 128 (there just weren't 128 people interested!) . He didn't go through and say "this guy is ok, this one no way" He just picked the first 64 to sign up and went with it. I think that's the most fair way to handle an already shitty situation.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone's frustration over this. I would be frustrated too if I didn't make the list. I'm just saying take it easy. I'm sure JMH is in a tough position here, and I'm sure he wasn't trying to cut anyone out intentionally. He did it in as fair of a way possible to make the numbers work.

Maybe this H2H tournament can become a bi-annual competition. The 30 or so who signed up for the first but didn't get in, can have first priority in the second competition or something.

--chris

I'm really not trying to step on any toes here. everything will work out!

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Wes

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:

If you actually get paid, I'm so selling my spot... Hell, I'd sell my whole account and ownership of all the images within my profile for that price. >_>

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

And I love the category, heh.

woodie

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I heard it was 63 people that were actually cut. 63.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I signed up for H2H...why was i not included? - Reply to topic