Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dimensions...theories... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Granulated

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:21 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Science is going to collapse on itself when I explain to them that time is not a dimention. Time is only the representation of movement and motion that humans can seemingly keep track of with the motions of the hands of a clock, revealing a measurable number in which to humans, must be a dimension. Length, width, height, and when. Cute. But we will find no answers in exploring the concept of time as a line that can be traveled, bent or manipulated in any way. It doesn't exist. Think of time as a verb, not a noun.

{{{{time/light/gravity}}}}

Marx-Man

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:01 am   Reply with quote         

time... = Timeline...

I would like to agree to this theory its close on one level... however.

It does not account for uncertainty, and assumes there is more than one universe.

For example.

Time = Past Present and Future where Time always remains in the Present.

The Past = Events that happened and will affect the future Presents in some way

Present = Present becomes Presents past which has an effect on current Presents Future. or Now You reading this is the present.

Although the future is predictable it cant be predicted by anything until we know everything event occurance in the past. and even then you have the Future equation.

Future = Based on past events of the present and variables inclusive creates a present in th future.

These are not time as we know it... these are just the structure of time... this is a timeline...

Time requires a fourth dimension

If time was a line it would be one that is drawn as it is being drawn over a period of time...

You can see the resuts of the past, present and future... as the present is only pasts future...

The thing that makes time what it is to us is perception

Perception of time = The distance traveled when compared against a measure of time. My perception of time is measured in seconds where as a fly perceives time as much faster. bullet time captures time in another speed and always will look flashy as it changed our perception of timee... (we can see things going really fast in slow motion iironic but true)

To exist outside of time is not an option...

If I go back in time somhow. now my timline still carrys on from there. if i stop time i wouldn't know i have done it. unles i create a perception of time to match it which has potential for infinate speeds of time... our curecnt perception of time has a name... Seconds.

So in conclusion.

Time = Seconds of the Present Perceived through my eyes or your eyes.

Seconds which can be accounted for and will be accounted for.

The future may be based on the past but wth somany variables to consider you can't guess what will happen next until you know everything that has happened. (story writers make the best plot twists with this... they know what has happened and what affects what where as the reader can only assume... maaking the writer all knowing and seeing a creating in the word of literiture. Making the writer god over the readers...but only in the retrospect of the book...)

well thats as simple as i can get it..

as for gravity and light...

Graity is a force not affected by time but its affects are.
Light is a wavelength that travels at a constant rate through time... good effort though

glennhanna

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I also have a problem with the demonstration of drawing two points on a sheet of paper and drawing a line from one point to the other. Then take the sheet of paper and fold it into a tube so that both points connect and the line becomes a loop. Sorry to say, but by doing this, your two points represented on the sheet of paper, now both represent the exact same spot in space, one single point. The sheet of paper is misinterpreted. By bending something, your x and y values change between two points. The illusion is that the x and y values are not changing. So you can't bend something if two different points in space are to remain at those exact two separate points.

I'm going to quit now, I can't put this into simpler words. I'm just trying to state that the sheet of paper has a fixed line length that means absolutely nothing when you start bending it around, the whole reason for drawing the line no longer has purpose except to find out the diameter of a circle with a set circumference, but the loop path takes a third vectored point... just add some extra bend in photoshop.

aliased

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

Imagine a sheet of graph paper with a line drawn on it. As you fold the sheet of paper, the line does not change relative to the two-dimensional grid, even though it is folded in the third dimension.

Micose

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

im really proud to have started this thread lol...u are all brains! interesting debate! Cool
BroChris

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

Other dimensions are fun to think about theoretically, but impossible in reality (past the obvious ones, of course).
Marx-Man

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

The real question is not wwhat are our dimensions... but more importantly.

Why is your consiousness in that body and not in sombody elses. Shocked Shocked Shocked

that ought to drive ya nuts thinking about it Wink

glennhanna

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

Why is your consiousness in that body and not in sombody elses. Shocked Shocked Shocked
that ought to drive ya nuts thinking about it Wink

I thought about this, and then I think of my paranoia with Start Trek's Teleportation theory. To get us on the same page, teleportation to me is wikipedia's "...encoding the photons and atoms of one object, transmit the information to another place, and create the original object in the new location...." In Star Trek, the original object vanishes, and then the object or perfect copy appears in another location. Let's pretend that the Star Trek version was invented, and you were asked to try it out for free. Teleport from your hometown to a Photoshop Convention in Boston. They say it doesn't hurt and the experience will be like that of an elevator ride. Would you go on it? Or do you die..... only to be replaced by an exact copy of yourself in Boston with all your experiences, thoughts and character? To this 'clone' the trip was an elevator ride, and a pleasant way to get from one city to another..... but to you, you no longer exist.... you are dead. Or does your soul travel into this carbon copy, allowing you go through hundreds of teleportations without truly being replaced.

So that boggles my mind.... you couldn't 'poll' the people walking off teleporters if their soul is intact, because they could just be carbon copies who don't realize they had just been born. I think if I got on a teleporter, the lights would go out, and I would never make it to Boston.

Marx-Man

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

thinking about it rationally.

It would really depend on the consiusness locked in a body theory and not the programed brain...

Yes the origional would be killed no matter how you look at it...

(its like if i made a clone of myself that had my memories my consiousness would not be in that body... it would be in my origonal one) which would mean my consiouness dies i am as good as dead.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dimensions...theories... - Reply to topic