Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hey Guys - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

So here goes...
I've been lurking around the forums and tutorials quite a bit lately and finally figured I'd post here. Just got Photoshop CS3 Extended for my desktop but unfortunately I'm stuck in bed for 23 hours a day (recovering from back surgery--think rods and screws) with my mom's laptop and good old CS1. I can't wait until I can sit down at my desk again and give CS3 a try. Of course, I'm still new to Photoshop...these first couple of contest entries you guys may or may not have seen are really my first constructive attempts at "chopping" (CS1 on the laptop belonged to my older brother before he gave the laptop to my mom, and CS3 was a gift from the same brother). But really, there's nothing else to do during the day (besides the home teacher now and then, watching tv, or sleeping) and I like a good challenge to start when I wake up in the morning and finish by lunchtime. It's also coming in handy as far as fixing up desktop backgrounds and photographs go. And I've still got boatloads to learn.

You guys have already been pretty welcoming to my last couple entries so I considered not even posting here. But it's a formal hello. How's it going. I'm definitely glad I joined.

(But if any of you try and con me into becoming an advantage member the answer's no Laughing )

Martrex

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Well the question comes down to if you have CS3 to install on one why not have it installed on both?

The PS portion isn't night and day different. Just the lack of direct fully separate imageready is.

Well have fun as much as possible. Enjoy PSC.

[quote="Jordan"]So here goes...
I've been lurking around the forums and tutorials quite a bit lately and finally figured I'd post here. Just got Photoshop CS3 Extended for my desktop but unfortunately I'm stuck in bed for 23 hours a day (recovering from back surgery--think rods and screws) with my mom's laptop and good old CS1. I can't wait until I can sit down at my desk again and give CS3 a try. Of course, I'm still new to Photoshop...these first couple of contest entries you guys may or may not have seen are really my first constructive attempts at "chopping" (CS1 on the laptop belonged to my older brother before he gave the laptop to my mom, and CS3 was a gift from the same brother). But really, there's nothing else to do during the day (besides the home teacher now and then, watching tv, or sleeping) and I like a good challenge to start when I wake up in the morning and finish by lunchtime. It's also coming in handy as far as fixing up desktop backgrounds and photographs go. And I've still got boatloads to learn.

You guys have already been pretty welcoming to my last couple entries so I considered not even posting here. But it's a formal hello. How's it going. I'm definitely glad I joined.

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the welcome, Martrex. Right now I'm really not very bothered by the differences enough to put it on my mom's computer...but maybe I'll get around to it.

I honestly can't get over your avatar, man. The Incredibles was awesome.

Martrex

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

This was from the original movie version a year or so back, preTV.

Hope you're having as much fun here as you can. Laughing

Remember to laugh, except if it hurts too much. Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

I have CS2 but like my photoshop 7.0 the best.. I think it's because I like the mouse on my pc and although I love my mac, I really dislike using photoshop on it and I have the entire adobe bundle on that mac but never open it I just love my pirated copy of 7.0.. lol It makes me happy. I don't think the software is so important as the creativity behind the program.. what you have in you is more important than what version you have. One of my photography instructors said that CS2 is not much different than 7.0. And I really have had no desire to buy CS3.. but if you have any recommendations for it then please let me know why CS3 would be good to get.
Nice to have you here and hope you enjoy the site! Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:

I don't watch TV, but I didn't think I was that out of the loop... is there an incredibles TV show?

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome to the fray Jordan! Very Happy

Hope you're mending well!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome aboard Jordan. Smile

Martrex

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

318830 wrote:
Martrex wrote:

I don't watch TV, but I didn't think I was that out of the loop... is there an incredibles TV show?

No but it was released and played on TV here in the states over the holiday weekend. Wink

MindGraph

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Jordan! That totally sucks with being stuck in bed. Hope you heal fast. Great time to do what your doing though. Practicing your PS and posting. People pop in alot here and reply so it's kind of like having visitors throughout your day.
Hope ya get back on your feet quick.
Keep us posted!
Best wishes!!
-MG- Wink

delia

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

318830 wrote:
Martrex wrote:

Perhaps he meant before it was on DVD and the like?

One of my fave movies.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I love the movie! I think I have a photo around here where I look like Violet....I will have to look!

dewdew

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

23 hours a day in bed with back surgery? Hey man no worries.......most here never get too far out of bed anyways. I know they all pretend to work......but dont let the smoke fool you......they lie. Laughing

Ohhh and as far as putting CS3 on your mom's laptop........do it........heck i would even leave CS1 on it too. After all it's mom's....plus what better way to get mom to splerge for that extra Ram........

let me help you with the finer details........just sit there all depressed......head down.....then when mom walks in and checks on you she will ask what's wrong........just say ....well it's just i loaded the cs3 and it needs more ram.....now i have nothing to do because i dont have the ram. Now don't be afraid to let that lip hang out really far......no farther.....thats it....... now just hold that til she walks in. Laughing Welcome to the retirement center......and use that ram.......after all it's free.....SORTA Laughing

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool Yo

Synthvet

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Great movie!!!!

this was my avatar for quite awhile......

although some didn't appreciate it to the fullest extent... * points finger at Eve *

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

the short clip, "Jack Jack Attack" thats on the DVD is a classic!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hey Guys - Reply to topic