Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - collabe question - Reply to topic

W.C.M.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 pm   Reply with quote         

as you all know this is mine (NOGOODSK8RPUNK) and ( martex) coolabe acct. i have a question marty and i are thinking about doing another one together. we have done 2 allready and have 18 votes combined the 2. my first question is can we vote w/ the stats we have? it seems as no we cant only having 2 entries but i thought was only recently changed see rules i can't link to the page due to not having 5 entries posted ( has that changed as well?)

2nd question what are peoples thoughts on us doing a combined entry between marty and i?

3rd question if we did what are peoples thoughts on voting for our combined work. well knowing it is a joint account between the two of us?

thanks for the time,

click it big
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

1. No...you have to have 10 posts and should vote under your collab name on other posts.
*edited as Brad makes a good point*

2. Cool! Go for it!

3. See #2

Very Happy

delia

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I wouldn't have a problem with it personally, and I would vote if the images are vote worthy... However, I am still too new to vote, so maybe this post is a moot point.

Smile

Soon... Soon...

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

what about people voting for us then if we shouldn't be able to vote for others i see what you mean eve and it makes sence to me any ideas/thoughts on that ?

Martrex

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:06 am   Reply with quote         

I claim no responsibilities for any loans applied for and or comments posted by Matt.

Marty Laughing

annajon

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 am   Reply with quote         

Nice logo guys.

I think you would be able to set up a joined portfolio, as long as you make that clear in the profile that you are a group of how ever many people involved. You could also explain if your entries are created as a group or as a single. You could even mention your name then, under the image. But you could say NOT enter as individuals on the days you publish the joined entries. The best fun would be to NEVER vote with the combo - title. That way you don't get votes out of favoritism.

Make sure you only enter votes with your personal account and never vote for your own image, not even to get noticed.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
I claim no responsibilities for any loans applied for and or comments posted by Matt.

Marty Laughing
Shocked uhh yes he does Laughing Wink
-matt-

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Nice logo guys.

I think you would be able to set up a joined portfolio, as long as you make that clear in the profile that you are a group of how ever many people involved. You could also explain if your entries are created as a group or as a single. You could even mention your name then, under the image. But you could say NOT enter as individuals on the days you publish the joined entries. The best fun would be to NEVER vote with the combo - title. That way you don't get votes out of favoritism.

Make sure you only enter votes with your personal account and never vote for your own image, not even to get noticed.
thanks anna for the likeing of our logo marty and i made that back when we did the coolab chop. ok that sounds fair on the not voting w/ the joint acct. but still i'd like to know what people feel about voting for our combined work? i don't think that we would do any seperate work as that would defet the pourpous of the collab acct.
-m-

annajon

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:51 am   Reply with quote         

It would be your personal choice to enter on a competition and not have a single entry. But, I had thought about that earlier and left it out of the loop. Because as a single person you may enter as many as two or three images in one contest, so what would be the problem in entering a team efford as well as a single efford. As long as you don't make references to your single entries in your collective work, nobody would be the wizer, would they.

And I have never heard anybody complain about me entering a second image in one contest, so why would people hold that agains you? Go for it.

ReinMan

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Coolab is DEAD.

Long live Coolab.

R.I.P.

etc.

bigbuck

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I figure if you post an entry from your collaborative account, then you should probably use that same account to do the voting in that particular contest....as if you were just one user with 25 votes.
Just my 1.5 cents....

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
I figure if you post an entry from your collaborative account, then you should probably use that same account to do the voting in that particular contest....as if you were just one user with 25 votes.
Just my 1.5 cents....
that too sounds fair brad good point

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - collabe question - Reply to topic