Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any Suggestions - Reply to topic

TresDEE

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd like to upload my animated gif image, but it is to large.. (that's what she said)(oops, wrong subjected) anywho... I need to get it under 512k it is currently 2.5 mb... I need to compress it in order to do this and insert a link to the original of course..

Does anyone know how this could be done...?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

start with a better computer... Laughing

TresDEE

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Oops, of course without losing all the quality.. Cuz not everyone does click on external links...

Oscar

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

You either got way to many frames or to many colors. Try reducing the images size, the amount of frames and the colors.

Very Happy

TresDEE

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
start with a better computer... Laughing

and how would that be of help..

Paul Von Stetina

wait, are you talking about uploading for a psc contest?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

If you don't have Advantage, all I can say is goodluck, it has to be under 125kb

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

OK 512, you do have Adv. I know there are other ways, but save to web might get you there

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

TresDEE wrote:
I'd like to upload my animated gif image, but it is to large.. (that's what she said)(oops, wrong subjected) anywho... I need to get it under 512k it is currently 2.5 mb... I need to compress it in order to do this and insert a link to the original of course..

what program are you using? if you have image ready you can optimize the settings and play around w/ them untill it meets the reqs if you need help let me know and i can walk you threw it... i'm not all that good at gifs i think i've only done a hand full of them. i learned everthing i know about them from marty and can pass what i know on to you if that helps Wink
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
TresDEE

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:15 am   Reply with quote         

thanks NGSP* I tweaked the living crap outta it....I'll just have to put an external link in.. to the Better quality of course.. but I got it to the best I can without totally ruining it and still being able to see it..
Rolling Eyes

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

TresDEE wrote:

I believe Oscar hit the nail on the head. If it's 2.5 megs now, you're not likely to get much compression without sacrificing frames. That's one of the challenges of entering GIF's here. I'd be happy to look at it if you like. Of course, their are some serious GIFfers here that would probably be willing to take a look, too. Coulbe5150 is a master of multiple frames with great activity. Consider Soze, Martrex, Granulated, Abraham, and others for a consultation. Shaman gives sound advice and certainly knows his way around GIF's.

Let us know how you make out.

TresDEE

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

well I don't know what took longer, trying to get it to size or the making of it.. sarcasm... Naw making it I started it on saturday night for a few hours then sunday morning, a lil more on monday and most of today being tuesday... Too much time for my simple animation.. It'll be up tomorrow.. and I put links in to view the better of..

L8R
Thanks for the help! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any Suggestions - Reply to topic