Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Why Can't I VOTE? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

dewdew

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
You can't vote unless you've demonstrated talent within 20% of Claf's talent level

SHIT...SHIT..SHIT.....i'm still trying to use $75 worth....like Donny in the YOU SUCK at ps thread. Laughing
Hey...3d...think back.....have you been drunk in the past 48 hours...any NEW medications...or dosage changes.....maybe you have voted Question ....how many fingers am i holding up...(NOW if can answer that one Shocked ).... Idea .maybe someone is sitting in the next room....voting like a crazy person....on meth....and because,ya'll can't wifi one IP......you trying to vote on the same ip is what's causeing all the other problems ...even the ones that were here before you..... Surprised Shocked ...WELL.... Confused ....we gotta put the blame somewhere. Smile Procs gonna wanna know who FOOKED it up. Embarassed

cherylm329

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
You can't vote unless you've demonstrated talent within 20% of Claf's talent level.

Just kidding. Wink

Seriously, not sure why this is happening. Who is your isp? Does anyone else you know or work with do PSC as well that could be causing an ip conflict? Procyon is the best to contact about this.

His computer and my computer are on a network would that have anything to do with it? I have the same problem from time to time too.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
You can't vote unless you've demonstrated talent within 20% of Claf's talent level.

Just kidding. Wink

Seriously, not sure why this is happening. Who is your isp? Does anyone else you know or work with do PSC as well that could be causing an ip conflict? Procyon is the best to contact about this.

His computer and my computer are on a network would that have anything to do with it? I have the same problem from time to time too.

Ding Ding Ding! You probably share the same external IP address via a firewall.

You can verify if this is the problem by going to a chop neither of you voted for. Then one of you vote for it and then see if the other is unable to.

Or you can go to a page that echos your IP address and see if the two of you have the same addy.

splodge

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

tresdee has the same IP as cherylm329 every time,
cherylm329 has multiple IP's do you chop from home and work cherylm, or is the the network at home and you are using the primary computer?

Hallcross Toots
TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
cherylm329 has multiple IP's do you chop from home and work cherylm, or is the the network at home and you are using the primary computer?

The multiple IP's could be caused by a dynamic IP address. You might try setting up a static IP on your comp.

Have you tried voting from computers that aren't on your network? If not, try that first. If you can vote, it's a server-side problem.

cherylm329

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

I visit this site from home and work, I don't chop at work though.

My computer is the primary computer at home and tresdee is hooked to mine using the network (linksys).

cherylm329

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
splodge wrote:

The multiple IP's could be caused by a dynamic IP address. You might try setting up a static IP on your comp.

Have you tried voting from computers that aren't on your network? If not, try that first. If you can vote, it's a server-side problem.

Yeah I can vote from work, which I usually do. But sometimes when I try to vote at home and he did already I get that message that I can't vote as does he.

splodge

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

problem solved, i think,
we do like to help where we can Smile

Hallcross Toots
cherylm329

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
problem solved, i think,
we do like to help where we can Smile

How do you fix that problem?

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

It's most likely an IP conflict then. I have a site setup where you can visit other sites with a different IP.

http://www.xerosecurity.com/proxy

Go there, and enter photoshopcontest.com in the text field. It will bring you here with a different IP address. Another alternative would be to use a proxy in your browser settings, bu those are usually slower than what the link above is.

This should most likely fix the problem, but I'm sure there's another way to fix it more permanently.

Hope this helps.

cherylm329

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
splodge wrote:

How do I do that? (static ip)

cherylm329

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh ok, thanks Tutorme and everyone else, you've been very helpful. I will try and figure it out, if I don't you will hear from me again, haha Very Happy

annajon

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

That would get very dramatic proportions if one of the people on the network got IP banned from PSC alltogether..... because that would automaticly mean the other can't get on anymore either. Hope you sort things out soon....

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
Oh ok, thanks Tutorme and everyone else, you've been very helpful. I will try and figure it out, if I don't you will hear from me again, haha Very Happy
Option A: Do ALL your voting at work, let tresdee do all his voting from home

Option B: let's assume your Internet provider assigns a dynamic IP to your computer - what is your setup? if you are on DSL you have a modem supplied by the provider. Turn if off and on and you'll probably get a new IP. Check what IP you've been assigned - easiest would be to visit http://whatismyip.com/ Make sure your IP is different for each voting round.

TresDEE

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

This has all been very informative... Thanks, now that we seem to be on to WHY.. then I guess the next thing is for me to figure out how to put it stop to it....

Thanks again.. peeps

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Why Can't I VOTE? - Reply to topic