Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - LineArt - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TresDEE

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

This is my first attempt at working with lineart. I thought of no better place to preview my work and get suggestions on it...

This first image is the original:

This second image of course is the LineArt: inwhich I call it "Old-School Struggling" (before the photoshop days)

Please feel free to leave any comments or better if suggestions out there from the LineArt experienced choppers...

Much appreciated..

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

Those clouds seem awfully familiar

TresDEE

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:14 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Those clouds seem awfully familiar

U've might've seem them featured in other works of mine... I like taking pictures and using them for brush preset.. for instance: water & clouds my 2 fav for premaking brushes..

Images I've used them in...

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/135698/my-brother-steve-tcm.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/134800/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/134569/necromancy.html

Plus other's various images associated within and outside of PSC, but that's all I'll subdue you to for now...

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

Pretty sweet work Td Mr. Green

kinetic_be

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:45 am   Reply with quote         

I really like it!
I'm not familiar with the term Lineart.
What exactly is ment by it?
As I interpretate it, it's where you have an image (like your first image you posted) and you colour it up with PS?

Let me know if that's the case, because it's one of those things I'd really like to learn more about Smile

Wiz

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:22 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I really like it!
I'm not familiar with the term Lineart.
What exactly is ment by it?
As I interpretate it, it's where you have an image (like your first image you posted) and you colour it up with PS?

Let me know if that's the case, because it's one of those things I'd really like to learn more about Smile

"Line Art is any image that consists of distinct straight and curved lines placed against a (usually white) background, without graduations in shade (grey tones). Hope this helps!

Smile Wiz

kinetic_be

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:30 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:

"Line Art is any image that consists of distinct straight and curved lines placed against a (usually white) background, without graduations in shade (grey tones). Hope this helps!

Smile Wiz

Sure did, thanks Smile

ReyRey

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice job. The drawing is a little confusing. I'm not sure what he guy is doing. It looks to me like he is holding onto an old wooden raft while floating down a river and drawing. Shocked You need to be more descriptive with your drawing. As for the line work. It is ok, a little plain. It would look nicer with thicks and thins. Nice clean lines are appealing. Here is a sample of some work I do with a friend of mine. Notice the line work. (The black line) It's clean and it varies in thickness to make it interesting, almost like it was drawn with a calligraphy pen. You can create some nice calligraphy style brushes in PS to get this effect. Then I redraw them with the pen tool to make sure they are super-clean. Cool little character you made here. Wink

Micose

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Nice job. The drawing is a little confusing. I'm not sure what he guy is doing. It looks to me like he is holding onto an old wooden raft while floating down a river and drawing. Shocked You need to be more descriptive with your drawing. As for the line work. It is ok, a little plain. It would look nicer with thicks and thins. Nice clean lines are appealing. Here is a sample of some work I do with a friend of mine. Notice the line work. (The black line) It's clean and it varies in thickness to make it interesting, almost like it was drawn with a calligraphy pen. You can create some nice calligraphy style brushes in PS to get this effect. Then I redraw them with the pen tool to make sure they are super-clean. Cool little character you made here. Wink

BAM!!!§rEYreY4S BACK§
dewdew

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm stealing yours next Laughing ....nice work.

i bet it's been quiet without me for a couple days...been busy, busy, busy. It's funny how weeks can pass....(Eventhough i live in Hickcity)...and i may do one Tat....then all the Sudden what is suppose to be one turns to 11 and choping..resizing...STEALING Twisted Evil what they find and turning it into a Stencil Flash....but if i see a signature...i won't do it...unless i tat it on ME Cool

Stencil Flash is basically the outlines like line art..or (Kids coloring book) art.
Here is how it works....although i am not showing how to make the stencil..(took some research when i first started)....but the stencil is basically (3m spirit paper). For those who are old enough to remember the teacher writing or typing out a test...then using a old drumprinter to make enough for every student....That's basically the final step...and no it's not reversed.. Laughing everyone thinks that...but it comes out just as you see it. Razz

Step one: find image..(and yes..this is the size most found)...ggggeeeerrrrrrrrr Mad

Step 2: Desat and adjust levels to get the closest to Black/White...LINEART. Resize...crop...chop add text....resize text...chop...crop....til you get som'fin close to LINEART.

Step 3:...Turn on the "Magic Inking Buzzer" from hell....and show that skin no mercey.....Sorry for the cheapo cam shot....i totally wanted a better one...but the wife said it's either more Supplies for the Tat's...or a good cam....i guess you can tell which way i went. Wink The heavy dark on the front fist will not stay that way....only a dark outer line and a light shadow will be left after healing....all ink looks dark when first done....some cheat it alittle with (white wash)....but...i'm old school, and white wash is nice...but if you want that shadow to stay there in 20 years...don't do it.

That's the Tat business in a nutshell....but if they want a custom...freestyle piece...they don't get it that day...if i cant have the time to make a custom piece.....then You ain't got the time to get it.

dewdew

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:14 am   Reply with quote         

well......looks like i killed another one.... Confused

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:25 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
well......looks like i killed another one.... Confused

It's ok dew... we all make mistakes.
Neutral

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:35 am   Reply with quote         

re: Line art...get a nice soft charcoal pencil or better, a Conté crayon. Make your pencil lie perpendicular to the paper's surface (yes, in your hand). Wink Study an object. Start with light lines to make sure your scale is correct. Sketch quickly. Now when you determine your drawing is okay and keeping your pencil loosely in hand, allow the pencil to make thin and thick lines.

Study some of the master sketchers like Toulouse-Lautrec & da Vinci.

dewdew

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

Lineart and Sketch are two different fruits.....charcoal's sorta take ya into shadowland...and lineart....is LINES....Black lines.... scratch and Razz if ya'll don't like my work...or understanding of the proper meaning's....$50...for half and hours work is all the approval i need. Cool
...but i like to wrap my fist around the pencil real tight and draw like i'm trying to go through the paper....pressing down real hard...with a mean scowl...and beady devilish eyes....with just the slightest grin

Drawn by me...and what i call line art

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 am   Reply with quote         

line art
–noun graphic material that consists of lines or areas of pure black and pure white and requires no screening for reproduction.

sketch
–noun 1. a simply or hastily executed drawing or painting, esp. a preliminary one, giving the essential features without the details.

ok...sketch precedes line art. They're not two different "fruits" ya crazy tat artist.
And loosen up on yer gear, pencil choker. Razz Twisted Evil

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - LineArt - Reply to topic