Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - we are all on drugs - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

We are all on drugs. This link goes to a study on pharmaceuticals found in our drinking water. Ha! They don't know much about how this is affecting us but if it's in the US drinking water it's in the rest of the world too I would say.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/ap-probe-finds-drugs-in-drinking-water/n20080309125009990002

cafn8d

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I never really thought about the complete ecological cycle of public drinking water. I always just thought it came from aquifers (underground) and rain (reservoirs, lakes, etc), really, but um... Hmmm

How do the drugs get into the water?

People take pills. Their bodies absorb some of the medication, but the rest of it passes through and is flushed down the toilet. The wastewater is treated before it is discharged into reservoirs, rivers or lakes. Then, some of the water is cleansed again at drinking water treatment plants and piped to consumers. But most treatments do not remove all drug residue.

On one hand, I'm glad I'm on a private well... on the other hand goodness knows what's seeping into the ground around me... Yuck

dewdew

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Shit most can't even drink thier own water....we doing good..compaired to them.

I wish they would put more THC in mine.....alot more....and hell no....i ain't talking about that ragweed ropemaking HEMP....we talking....hightime's magazine looking,... hydrophonic....steroid feed southern homegrown....did i mention ALOT MORE....that's the most important part.....A....LOT....more Twisted Evil

dewdew

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Razz

annajon

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

There is more drugs on American money then there ever will be in drinking water, so nobody need panic.

And in rural areas there is much more polution in groundwater, because of chemicals used on the lands, and the waste that is comming from cow and pigs farms.

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I read that when Heath Ledger died that they had found 20 dollar rolled bill by the bed that tested negative for drug residue but then someone said that all money had drugs on them. You'd think it would have more coffee, sweat and dirt than drugs but that's interesting. Not gonna be licking those dollars anytime soon. I knew a kid in school that swallowed his quarters his family had given him for lunch and he was always strange. He was that way before he ate his money.

I know that they tell you to flush your pills down the toilet but now they are saying to dispose of your unused pills in kitty litter. I am with Caff on this Argh

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank god, I've been drinking distilled water for @30 years,... the reason? One day @ 30 years ago, I was boiling some tap water to cook something, and I forgot about it for a few minutes, I started to smell something funky, and quickly remembered about the boiling water, Shocked to my disgust, I saw a brown nasty looking substance like brown syrup in the bottom of the pot, and said to myself, WTF is that shit? I knew I only had water in the pot, so I filled the pot back up with water leaving the sludge to see what would happen, and the brown crap dissolved back into the water, needless to say, that was the last day I drank tap water. Wink my friends father, who was a Dr. told me that if you stop drinking tap, and drink distilled, that it would add a minimum of 10 years to your life Wink so, not only are there drugs in the water, but flouride, chlorine, fecal matter, and god knows what else Shocked

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Shit most can't even drink thier own water....we doing good..compaired to them.

I wish they would put more THC in mine.....alot more....and hell no....i ain't talking about that ragweed ropemaking HEMP....we talking....hightime's magazine looking,... hydrophonic....steroid feed southern homegrown....did i mention ALOT MORE....that's the most important part.....A....LOT....more Twisted Evil
aman to that my brother Wink

anabrin

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

In Italy, an investigation of the Institute Mario Negri has found in the river Po unexpected quantities of cocaine: the wealth of the river transports every day the equivalent one to four daily kilograms of this drug, which supposes 1.460 kilograms per year (fact that revealed a consumption in the population much over the official estimations). Shocked

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

In Norway, we drink fresh water from mother nature. Quite a few animals tend to die in them, but then, the alarm goes, and the waterboys go and remove it. Easy Peasy JapanesY.

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Tap water=bottled water...
solution: Bottle your own tap water.
Laughing I been drinking tap water for the past 21 years... and look at me! I'm doing alright.

rockyjob

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:31 pm   Reply with quote         

so thats why i'm getting more muscles Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing i better start drinking more tap water Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

kinetic_be

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Remember those Vittel commercials? Where you see a guy or old woman drink from the water and suddenly becomes very energic?
Knowing what that article sais, these commercials come in a serious different perspecitive from now on, haha Laughing

the burning couch

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmmm Hmmm

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

maybe ap means "Aquafina Paid"

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - we are all on drugs - Reply to topic