Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Arrghhhh!!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

TresDEE

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Will this help any...

TresDEE

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:30 pm   Reply with quote         

TresDEE wrote:
Will this help any...

Sorry I just had to do it... and i'm quoting my own quote that's even worse

Martrex

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's 2 cents! Laughing

Oscar

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

ok so far we got millions by tres... $1 by me and 2 cents from Marty. It's looking pretty good.

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
i have a dell and was running the stock vid card that came installed w/ the comp then the new vid card that was installed has a built in fan i vaccumed out all dirt cat hair etc at the time of doing that about a month or so. this capacitor is it on the vid card? i'm looking at the old one and it appears to be in good shape hope that helps

The capacitors are the little plastic-looking cylinders that stick up perpendicular to the card. The heads of the cylinders should be flat. If they're bulged (like domes), they are probably bad.

If your machine was cleaned a month ago it should be okay. What about the obvious? A poorly seated card can cause erratic performance. Try removing the card and securely reseating it. I've had card problems and memory stick problems because the little buggers weren't stuck in their slots just right.

The best thing I can suggest is that you try to narrow it down. If you still have your old video card, try that for a few days. Swap monitors for a few days if you can. Etc. I'd run this by Tofu, if you haven't already.

Tarmac

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:43 am   Reply with quote         

thanks twk and tarmac, the old one has no signs of copaceters... mainly looks like just black boxes similar to a memeory stick i have another monitor but its a crt (tv style) so if i swaped the monitor it shouldn't really be a 100% equil comparison right? i'm not trying to sound unknowledgable. but vid cards aren't my best and i'm working on an old hand me down dell deminsion xps t700r... pentium 3 so its prob seen better days. it's kinda a mut that i just keep on building over the last 6 years give or take few.

i haven't had a nother episode from my 2nd post/reply to this thread i started. all looks good no calibration was made.

oscar, 3Ds, and marty.... thanks for putting a smile on my face Argh
-m-

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

You might have degraded capacity on your Skateboard. That can cause all sorts of funkiness in your display. Dells are notorious for this problem. You can visually identify a bad capacitor by looking for a bulge in the normally flat head of the cylindrical body. If you can swap in an old video card or monitor, it might help you figure out which device is misbehaving. Overheating can cause strange video card behavior, too. When's the last time you vacuumed your air vents and guts? Every few months I pop open my case and discover crud woven into a fine carpet on my cooling fans and heat sinks.

Good luck.

Yeah. That's it. In other words you are GETTING OLD and, as I'm sure you well know, the first thing to go is your EYESIGHT. Razz

(I'm glad I'm such a helpful B*ST*RD!)

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

Rein is that your HAIR? It's got a punk-esqueness to it or you have a something about mary look going accidently. I like it. Makes you look like a rock god. keep it Very Happy

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

lol no ipisodes just a few flashes here and there but hey i like getting flashed.... i mean who doesn't Laughing Rolling Eyes

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:

Not those capacitors. These capacitors:

... or, if the image link breaks again:

http://profesanxenxo.iespana.es/electrical/capacitor.jpg

Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Arrghhhh!!!!! - Reply to topic