Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Micose

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:24 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
hi all. i just came back from a good friends 30th b-day party. let me start it out this way....

i am obviously a sk8rpunk i have a fohawk i wear studs and dress in that way etc... i walked into a beautiful home w/ a lot of nicely dressed people... the complete opisite of what i'm used to.

all i got was dirty looks like what is this guy doing here... and it made me feel very shitty. no one except my friend and her amidate family talked to me. i went around and introduced my self even and still was shunned.

so i took off. i'm a nice guy i think and i keep an open mind towards things. but sometimes i get so pissed that people judge me by the way i look. hell i'm not sure why i'm writing this but other to just get peoples feed back on this situation.

has anyone been in this situation? and if so how does it make you feel?

-matt-

when imeet these people...i shit on their floor....

Micose

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Pick the best hottie in the party and they will look at u differently believe me. Or make one or 2 skating tricks ....lol!!
Synthvet

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
hi all. i just came back from a good friends 30th b-day party. let me start it out this way....

i am obviously a sk8rpunk i have a fohawk i wear studs and dress in that way etc... i walked into a beautiful home w/ a lot of nicely dressed people... the complete opisite of what i'm used to.

all i got was dirty looks like what is this guy doing here... and it made me feel very shitty. no one except my friend and her amidate family talked to me. i went around and introduced my self even and still was shunned.

so i took off. i'm a nice guy i think and i keep an open mind towards things. but sometimes i get so pissed that people judge me by the way i look. hell i'm not sure why i'm writing this but other to just get peoples feed back on this situation.

has anyone been in this situation? and if so how does it make you feel?

-matt-

when imeet these people...i shit on their floor....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeah Matt.............do that!!!

dewdew

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Naked people......... Shocked .......dude....now that's a damn party.....my wife want let me go to those kind...eggs or not. Crying or Very sad

EGGS and KEGS....holycow.....and you thought orange juice taste funny after you brush your teeth.... BUDWEISER really has a bite.....SHIT FACED by 12:00 noon....well ballpractice at 3:00 would be more like the badnews bears...not that we are too far off now. Cool ...That's what helmets are for Twisted Evil

st1n3r

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 am   Reply with quote         

Am I the dick or the forskin?

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

annajon

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:36 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r wrote:

Shocked Isn't that a mute point in some countries?

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r wrote:
it depends if you have a prince albert or not Shocked

annajon

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:04 am   Reply with quote         

Matt, you can learn from the best...

Try finding out more about David Garrett. This man uses a Stradivarious for his work, that is when he does not fall down the stairs and breaks it, after paying for it in blood for more then 6 years.

And he loves Metallica. And he conforms to .... the people he wants to reach with his playing. So, sometimes its black tye, and more then ones its Skaterpunk. It's what you need that counts, he says. And nothing else matters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_4515PnZmc

And, even when this all sounds too German to you? look at the people who love it....... He tours the pop channels to promote his new album Virtuoso, has groopies and stalkers, and he did not shy away from an experiment. He played in a shopping mall in Germany, as a busker. Most people who stopped to listen thought he was a natural tallent, some people recognised his from the television.

In the end he talks about how he got kicked out of collage when he was a student, because he broke into the "pricipals" office, using a bankplastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdAeAUW9sw

Later the tv presenter wonders if that school ever regretted doing that.

annajon

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZhwtZjZ5eU&feature=related

And just read the comments under this video of the same artist, when he playes his Tchaikovsky in skaterclothes in front of a dressed up orchestra and audience.....

dewdew

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r wrote:

The only way to tell is to take a piss.....did you get wet??....if so..your the foreskin....if not...your the dick. Laughing Doh!

EJH

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

NGSP: my 2 cents...

Your clothes are an expression of who you are, they don't total WHO you are. (Adapting your clothes shouldn't make you any less you.) If you're going to a special occasion, big deal-- suck it up and dress nicer. That doesn't mean you have to dress exactly like everyone else, just tone the extreme style down.

The way you dress can also be taken as a reflection of how you see other people. In some situations, stubbornly adhering to your style without regard to the occasion/setting, can be viewed as a sign of disrespect to your hosts. If it's a special occasion, you should take that into account.

Like it or not, the way you look influences people's impression of you. For example: at work, I could wear jeans and sneakers every day if I wanted to. But I don't, because I want to be viewed in a certain way (taken seriously professionally, etc.) I save the more fun clothes for nights & weekends. It does make a difference.

There's an important distinction between an attitude of "F everyone else", and being confident in yourself and not letting other people dictate your decisions. The former is a big turnoff to people, and can be seen as a sign of aggression or immaturity. In social situations, as in life, being successful requires flexibility and the ability to adapt. It's a matter of learning the subtle ways to do that while still being yourself.

GooFY

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         

People r u that stressed? Why do u shit all the time?! Laughing

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

andreea360 wrote:
People r u that stressed? Why do u shit all the time?! Laughing

It's a natural process. Gets rid of waste and impurities...and waste.

Don't you shit?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic