Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Student Contest - Now in 3D!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

FootFungas

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

So, I've entered a contest over at Studica Skills.
To actually get judged you have to be in the top 20 in votes.
They say you're supposed to get your friends to vote for you, but I don't have any friends, so I came here. Laughing
The competition is to make a changed reflection of something.
I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look at my entry.
If you like it I'd appreciate the vote.
But if you don't, I don't want you voting for it based on just my good looks and charm.
My entry: http://www.studica.com/skills/vote_detail.cfm?rid=37114&competitionid=160&rowid=1
The Competition: http://www.studica.com/skills/competition.cfm?competitionid=160

*edit*
Hey, Hey, Hey!!!
I also entered an entry in the 3D modeling competition, in case you want to take a look.
3D competition
My Entry

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

rad

dewking

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Not bad... the angles/reflection is way off, but its not a bad idea.

Good luck!

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
Tawiskaro

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
So, I've entered a contest over at Studica Skills.
To actually get judged you have to be in the top 20 in votes.
They say you're supposed to get your friends to vote for you, but I don't have any friends, so I came here. Laughing
The competition is to make a changed reflection of something.
I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look at my entry.
If you like it I'd appreciate the vote.
But if you don't, I don't want you voting for it based on just my good looks and charm.
My entry: http://www.studica.com/skills/vote_detail.cfm?rid=37114&competitionid=160&rowid=1
The Competition: http://www.studica.com/skills/competition.cfm?competitionid=160

Does it matter that I voted twice?

MindGraph

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I voted for you but in no way does this make us friends....ok? Laughing
I like the look of it alot. You made a good looking effect. I do agree with dewking that the perspective in line with the dog or vice/versa would compliment it perfect.
Good luck!! Wink

cherylm329

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Voted for it because your charming and good looking (even though I have no idea what you look like), haha. Nice work!

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

FootFungas

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:
Not bad... the angles/reflection is way off, but its not a bad idea.

How so?
I want to make it look as good as possible, even if it means deleting it and re-uploading, but I don't really see how the angles are way off. could you explain?
Anyone?

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

From the way that the dog is standing, he appears to be looking directly down into the water....
So most of his body wouldn't even reflect in the water, but you'd see his face. Of course, more would show in your picture than the example I provided below.

(This may be a poor example, but it was the closest I could find at the moment...)

MindGraph

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

what kittie said. The dog is facing the water and the horse is sideways. Maybe get a side view of the dog standing on the bank rather than change the postion of the horse and that way you won't give up any of the detail you put into the horse and reflection work in the water? Wink

dewking

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

Agreed... the cat with the mirror is a good example.
Realistic reflections can be difficult, because you have to remember its not just a flip (depending on the angles and object), so a car sitting on a mirror wouldnt show the car if it was just flipped, but would show the undercarriage. The cat above doesn't show the back of the head, but its face. I think your photo is going to have a similar directional issue.

I'd be interested to see what the original photo looked like. The problem is, Im not sure how much of a reflection there would actually be at that angle.

The dog is on land with very little (if any) actually hanging over the edge into the water. So Im not sure if you'd be able to really get any realistic reflection since you wouldn't see the entire dog /horse in the water.

That being said, I think with a closer reflected angle than what you have, could trick the eye into thinking its a possible reflection.

If you took the dog from the top and flipped it vertically down into the water, it may help show you the angle that I'm talking about. It may help, but again, I just looked at it quick, and have a feeling the reflection really would be minimal.

Hope that helps a little.

im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
MindGraph

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

this is an extremely fast example of what I was talking about. Excuse my mess but I was in a hurry

FootFungas

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
this is an extremely fast example of what I was talking about. Excuse my mess but I was in a hurry

I see what you're talking about. I wasn't really going for an exact match in posture and posing of the animals. Part of the chop was the dog kinda looking inquisitively at the horse, I don't know if it conveyed that very well, though.

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:

Realistic reflections can be difficult, because you have to remember its not just a flip (depending on the angles and object), so a car sitting on a mirror wouldnt show the car if it was just flipped, but would show the undercarriage. The cat above doesn't show the back of the head, but its face. I think your photo is going to have a similar directional issue.

Yeah, I see what your'e saying.
In this pic It was a pretty straightforward reflection; essentially a vertical flip.

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Ah I see... yeah, so I would recommend finding the horse photo that is at the same angle (or as close as you can get) so that it looks like he's looking at the reflection in the water, while also having it be a somewhat accurate angle.

If that makes sense.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Student Contest - Now in 3D!!! - Reply to topic