Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - foul language comments on site - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Fri May 02, 2008 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh dear...

Shocked

I just did.

D'OH!

st1n3r

Post Fri May 02, 2008 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Censor deez

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

cherylm329

Post Fri May 02, 2008 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

So much for a family oriented site. Rolling Eyes

ReinMan

Post Fri May 02, 2008 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Phffapt! THAT was EASY!!

[note on How To Censor: always, and I mean ALWAYS make sure you leave a LITTLE BIT of whatever it is you are "trying" to hide showing from behind the Censor Tag. Otherwise people will not be able to figure out just what you are not letting them see. Wink]

dewdew

Post Fri May 02, 2008 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Phffapt! THAT was EASY!!

[note on How To Censor: always, and I mean ALWAYS make sure you leave a LITTLE BIT of whatever it is you are "trying" to hide showing from behind the Censor Tag. Otherwise people will not be able to figure out just what you are not letting them see. Wink]

best thing that has come from this whole thread....HOW TO CENSOR....this was almost like a DONNIE sucks.....almost. Razz

GoG...while this is a great place to learn.....it is also....the WORLD WIDE net. I think everyone here could respect a request of not leaving "BAD" words in YOUR comments...but to Censor the whole site???...You must be a branch of the Free-Will Baptist.....called the AGAINST YOUR WILL baptist....That's the one's that come get you on Sunday, in the bus.....and they shove you out of your warm bed...and make you go...no matter if you want to go or not..... Shocked ...ooohhhh no....that's the church we went to when i was a kid....my mom was like the head MAKE YOU GO"R....or sump-um.....YOU'll NEVER TAKE ME BACK ALIVE.......NEVER.......RUN.....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES......THEY SHAKE"YA~ DOWN at the door's.....hide your MOMMA's brouch......they'll take it.....you know?.....for the building fund Idea Rolling Eyes

Scrumpy

Post Fri May 02, 2008 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I am now only accepting votes with offensive language in the comment. Thanks in advance mofos Very Happy

Post Fri May 02, 2008 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I apologize for the language I used against that spammer the other day.
I'd like to see this site restrained to PG-13 language...at least 100% on entries and entry titles...forums a little relaxed, and advanchat maybe a lot relaxed.
Fowl comments on contests posts should never happen, and this plethora of contest posts with "Shit' and "F@ck" as part of the title is so immature that
I stop voting every time I see it. It completely drains the fun out of
looking at the entries.

ReinMan

Post Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I apologize for the language I used against that spammer the other day.
I'd like to see this site restrained to PG-13 language...at least 100% on entries and entry titles...forums a little relaxed, and advanchat maybe a lot relaxed.
Fowl comments on contests posts should never happen, and this plethora of contest posts with "Shit' and "F@ck" as part of the title is so immature that
looking at the entries.

Soooo..... what words in a title would GET YOU TO VOTE FOR the POST? Just wondering....

*takes out notepad*

ScionShade

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Soooo..... what words in a title would GET YOU TO VOTE FOR the POST? Just wondering....

*takes out notepad*

I like mythological titles, obscure references (example: "Gonzo" for ...
Hunter Thompson), things that are current and effect everybody but no one has been talking about, etc etc

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Your logic is making me feel my dick!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
SODCACK! is that a bad word? Rolling Eyes

oh you have done it now Mich, ban him I saaaaaaaaaay

Razz

Meaty

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok this really gets me ticked, we cant show boobs in an artistic image because :-

Quote:
Q: Are adult images suitable here?
A: Sorry, but they are not. Anything posted to our site that is offensive in nature will be removed, including nudity. If the incident appears to be intentional, we hold the right to use your IP address to contact your ISP for further investigation. These rules also apply to those who abuse obvious copyright rules. We try very hard to abide by all written and non-written laws and regulations.

Which, boobs being a very natural thing, every woman has them and im sure every kid has seen on more than one occasion and wouldnt be offended with is not allowed, but the foul language used in no context is looked over, often my kids have stood over my shoulder while i brows the forum and certain words have cropped up in posts ive been reading, im not saying they have read them also but as soon as i see a unneccesary swear word i will skip the post so where is the logic, im more concerned about my kids reading swear words than seeing the odd boob in a picture. Also, im sorry to all the woman on psc for having offencive body forms Laughing

OK rant over. Wink

backwoodschopper

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

OK it's fine and dandy to be offended by the language..... But some of the posts are borderline offensive to me as well such as this one

OH-CRUD this is out of my personal fetish file Razz

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
... and this plethora of contest posts with "Shit' and "F@ck" as part of the title is so immature that
looking at the entries.

I'm confused now. Confused
There's an entry with "shit" word part of the title. You voted and here's your comment:
"LOL, any other day of the year and ya woulda had yer first win. FANTASTIC!!"

Shocked

JW

Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd like to see the 'comment' that was posted - I have no idea how this 'bad language' was being used. Was someone 'goofing' around or just being a mean SOB? If someone on PSC (advantage or not) is continually a pain in the ass to everyone else then kick em out for good (and no refund!). I really hate when there is a forum 'thread' on a comment and that comment isn't listed in the thread (or at least a link to it).

I happen to get a laugh from the occasional 'bad' language being thrown back and forth in fun. From what I can tell most people on this site are adults - at least if you go by their ages. If we start to cater this site to all age groups where does it end? Next we can go racial, religious, geographic, etc..... and slowly all our free expression will be taken away - and then you will no longer recognize PSC!

And what if someone objects to an 'evil' type of chop? Will we then become like the rest of the world and be scared to print a 'cartoon' because it supposedly offended the muslims? (I really don't think they were offended - the bad ones just wanted an excuse to riot, burn cars, and terrorize the majority of us who are law abiding people).

If the 'lb' group are school kids I think that we can ask the psc community not to leave nasty comments on their entries - I have no problem with that, it is a very easy courtesy. Any measures beyond that (censorship) I would not support. And then you also have to ask is if these kids are looking at the non 'lb' posts? If they are, or if they go to the forum, then they will see the 'bad' language.

So, in closing I think:
1. let's not leave nasty comments on the lb's post as a courtesy (hey, they are future PSC members once they learn 'bad' language!)
2. no censorship of what's written or images posted (yes I think that nudity should be allowed!)
3. if a psc member is being a continual ass, jerk, shit head, fucking dim wit, etc... then ban em from the site!
4. if the 'lb's can't handle it let them find another site.

JW

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - foul language comments on site - Reply to topic