Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Abusing the work from others... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

bigbuck

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Maliciously Delicious

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

Good find, maybe the mods could just put a setting where you can't download the image unless your a PSC member. That might be easier than the watermark suggestion.?

- Alexander Graham Bell
splodge

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

"Good find, maybe the mods could just put a setting where you can't download the image unless your a PSC member. That might be easier than the watermark suggestion.? "
screen print over comes that one, i think code "function.if time ==+3days watermark"

Hallcross Toots
TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Maliciously Delicious wrote:
maybe this is not a very good idea, and I don't know how big of a problem this is, but maybe there could be a PSC Watermark embedded on entries that shows when you are NOT a PSC member. That might deter people from stealing because they have to sign up to not see the PSC watermark. But then that would take it away from other people. I don't know just brainstorming hehe.

I know that Proc has looked into it before. It's just not the easiest thing to do.

Stevster

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Watch them Drift

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Holy crap. I go on vacation....and this is what occurs. The Image was not posted with my permission. I was never informed of it until someone alerted my in a PM....(leave it to me to skip this topic in the forum on my daily check.) I will be contacting Ebaums world about the removal of the image...and jesus the shadows were hard... those people dont lay off...

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
OK, I knew I'd seen 'em somewhere.....thought maybe here

gravyboat

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

If you don't want people stealing your chops, do what I do. Start sucking at PhotoShop. It's much easier than actually trying to get better. Laughing

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 am   Reply with quote         

reading through the comments, it is really funny, they are mostly all saying what a awful optical illusion, its just a coat under the horses tail... hmmmmmmm optical illusion worked then as they all appear to be totally fooled by it, as we know the hair is actually hair. Bunch of morons Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

gravyboat wrote:
If you don't want people stealing your chops, do what I do. Start sucking at PhotoShop. It's much easier than actually trying to get better. Laughing

right.....that's what I do, and I don't have to worry about image theft Very Happy simple solution Cool

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

One thing we could do is provide a PSD with a watermark already in it. I made a sample one that people are free to use if they want. I put all the components of the watermark in a group, so you can modify position, stroke, text size, etc. to best fit your chop.

You can download it here: http://www.pschost.com/dl/psc-watermark.psd.zip

An example using today's source is here: http://www.pschost.com/images/wm-ex.jpg

Watch them Drift

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

Well, I have sent an email to the webmaster of Ebaum's world last night, and have not gotten a reply and the image hasn't been taken down. Evil or Very Mad I am unsure of how long i should give them before I write again, but since last night the view have gone from 72,000 to 87,000...and still none of those people know I am the creator.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

oh it will never get taken down, Ebaums a stealing cunt for want of a much harder description

(Excuse my french ladies and children, but I felt in this case it is justified)

Maliciously Delicious

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
One thing we could do is provide a PSD with a watermark already in it. I made a sample one that people are free to use if they want. I put all the components of the watermark in a group, so you can modify position, stroke, text size, etc. to best fit your chop.

You can download it here: http://www.pschost.com/dl/psc-watermark.psd.zip

An example using today's source is here: http://www.pschost.com/images/wm-ex.jpg

good idea and rendition, the only problem I see happening with that is the "Theif" could crop out the bottom portion of the entry, orrrrr the famous clone stamp. I was thinking like a semi-transparent PSC symbol very large in the middle of the entry. That way clone stamping would take years and wouldnt look good. lol

- Alexander Graham Bell
splodge

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

sit back and enjoy, i've had some flash movies stollen and they have had 100's of thousands of views on youtube, lucky if they get any views on my site Smile

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Abusing the work from others... - Reply to topic