Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Round 2... here we go! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

sirenka

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

eggs, planets, brains ... very similar entries..I'm not impressed with any of the entries but at least only one no show Wink

(edited) a***** entry is different... I like N** vs p** match both cool entries.... and D** or b**(no use of editing cause I'm quoted below Laughing)

Good luck to all!

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

sirenka wrote:
eggs, planets, brains ... very similar entries..I'm not impressed with any of the entries but at least only one no show Wink

arcaico entry is different... I like Netwel vs pakimo match both cool entries.... and DaVinci or blue_lurker, I don't know which is the entry cause I don't know their styles

Good luck to all!

Blurker's in the hospital last I saw/heard. Sad

Granulated

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

sirenka wrote:

arcaico entry is different... I like Netwel vs pakimo match both cool entries.... and DaVinci or blue_lurker, I don't know which is the entry cause I don't know their styles

Good luck to all!

oh thanks a friggin bunch !!! Shocked

YerPalAl

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

YEAH!! Rolling Eyes Confused

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I love how when the H2H and Reunion contest roll around there's so much excitement in the air. Especially in the H2H, when everyone is pressed for time to get a chop done and entered. It's always nice to know that the other participants and those in the peanut gallery are appreciative of the time and effort everyone puts in to try and have a good time on the interweb. People post knowing that their work will be applauded and appreciated. The love is flowing within the community....

Oh, wait....I meant to say that it's nice to know that no matter what the participants do, they should expect to get slammed in chat and forum for their bad, unoriginal ideas and terrible chopping. There's always "only a few" worth noting, blah blah blah.

C'mon guys, if you're going to be critics, at least be creative in how you make fun of our chops!!! You sound like a broken record from the last H2H....

Laughing

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile

photolicious

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool

arcaico

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

could you stop editing yer posts??? I´m trying to follow this!!!!

I loved that rooster with a hat, by the way... whoever chopped it...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

glennhanna

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Guess my idea wasn't that original. I had a lot of ideas run through my head, most were just garbage, or ideas like my last chop, "that's kinda nice". I thought of a baseball hit so hard that the cork was exposed. A rotten peach and pit eaten by a catepillar... The tin man off of Return to Oz, the man that needed to be wound up to run. These ideas didn't inspire me to be up all night working on them, and I have yet to go to sleep. I have a funeral video to do by tomorrow, so I guess I'll stay up another 36 hours.

All I can say is, that after staying up all night and finally submitting my chop, I felt joyous. I wasn't dead tired at work, I was smiling, laughing, and whistling pleasant tunes. I was proud at what I had accomplished it sure felt good, a goodness I haven't felt in some time. Be proud people. I love the chops in this round. Who cares if we had similar ideas, I think they are good ideas with the most impact. Congrats to us all.

dannyboyuk09

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay so on Monday we logged in and looked upon the source for the first time, my initial reaction was "YES A DECENT SOURCE"... a few hours later I am sat staring at a screen, rocking backwards and forwards going insane trying to find inspiration as I'm sure most of us in Round 2 did.

I messaged my opponent shortly after uploading and mentioned that it was a tricky one which at first glance was a breeze and we both agreed that the source was better than Round 1 but still tricky. Now, how many of us saw the source and said "Yup, got it I know what I'm doing"?? I wager less than 2%.

So now we have a few people posting "Lack of originality" comments... My question is... what would you chop from a giant golden ball?? I challenge those that werent in the contest to post their chops (if there is a thread that exists with them, my apologies).

There I said my bit.

Much love.
Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Guess my idea wasn't that original. I had a lot of ideas run through my head, most were just garbage, or ideas like my last chop, "that's kinda nice". I thought of a baseball hit so hard that the cork was exposed. A rotten peach and pit eaten by a catepillar... The tin man off of Return to Oz, the man that needed to be wound up to run. These ideas didn't inspire me to be up all night working on them, and I have yet to go to sleep. I have a funeral video to do by tomorrow, so I guess I'll stay up another 36 hours.

All I can say is, that after staying up all night and finally submitting my chop, I felt joyous. I wasn't dead tired at work, I was smiling, laughing, and whistling pleasant tunes. I was proud at what I had accomplished it sure felt good, a goodness I haven't felt in some time. Be proud people. I love the chops in this round. Who cares if we had similar ideas, I think they are good ideas with the most impact. Congrats to us all.

RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

First: I was really anxious to see all the entries and vote, I appreciate what you all folks did in second round. Wink

Second : With that source image plus my poor chopping skills I probably would do nothing Shocked

Third: Don't get so excited about the comments.

Fourth:
Source image sucked!

YerPalAl

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, now this is JUST a thought, but perhaps it might be a good idea to hold off remarks about people's entries, especially naming names, until after the voting is over. After all, remarking that so and so's image of *^&$%& or *****'s chop of the #%$&@*# MIGHT just be construed as trying to influence voting by some people.

Not saying anyone is trying to do that, just mentioning it as an example of good versus bad manners. Rolling Eyes

dannyboyuk09

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I almost didn't think of anything but I owed it to my opponent to make "something" ESPECIALLY since there were so many No-shows in Round 1, add to that, this is my first H2H and I was honoured to be involved in the event let alone making it into Round 2.

Granted the theme is globes, space or a variation but the chops are certainly original... and of good quality (IMO).

Oh check me out, win a couple of daily s and a round in H2H and I think I have a right to an opinion here... HOW DARE I???lol.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Of course you have a right to an opinion here.

OurPal makes a valid point. I remember a few years ago there was one person in particular who would pick their favorites every round and go on and on about them during the whole voting period. Comments like "Hands down winner in that match up" and "The space ship image totally spanked the egg image in that match up" were typical. At least it's not that bad anymore.

I personally have no trouble with people saying "the ______ vs _______" match is the best one, or "the __________ vs _________ match was the hardest one for me to vote on. That's not influencing voting.

Just sayin'.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Round 2... here we go! - Reply to topic