Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Where are you guys? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do we?

Yes!!!!! Agreed, we NEED more competition

70%

70%

[ 17 ]

Aw.. screw it! We have a lot of competiton these days

12%

12%

[ 3 ]

Alright, I'll post something.. argh

16%

16%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 24

arcaico

Post Sun May 17, 2009 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Rey, Claf, Goat, Arc, Dumbat, Clonestamptrooper, Where are you all in the daily contests? Or better yet wheres the competition? Lately this site has fallen into a downwards spiral, we need competition... No competition= No inspiration.... I'm trying my best to do something good.. but with no one to compete I just can't do it Sad.
We need you all... I dara ya to post one these days.. at least one entry. I just miss old PSC. Sad

what are you talking about? You voted for me today!!! At least for one of my entries... been a long time since I last posted two entries in a contest...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
Rey, Claf, Goat, Arc, Dumbat, Clonestamptrooper, Where are you all in the daily contests? Or better yet wheres the competition? Lately this site has fallen into a downwards spiral, we need competition... No competition= No inspiration.... I'm trying my best to do something good.. but with no one to compete I just can't do it Sad.
We need you all... I dara ya to post one these days.. at least one entry. I just miss old PSC. Sad

Miss the old PSC? You mean the one without advantaged and disadvantaged? The one with responsible, professional management? The one without the current good ol' boy elitist attitudes?

Oh, That's right. You haven't been here that long.

Janetdog, if you hate this place so much then leave... and this is not a thread to rant, so if you want to rant then make your own "look at me thread". Secondly, old PSC I was refering to wasn't the really OLD one, just the one that I joined here with. Being disrespectful and always looking to turn down someone isn't how you'll get the comunity's trust or make friends. I know you have a personal grudge agaisnt me ,but fthat is no excuse to keep constantly firing insults at me Rolling Eyes

rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
rockyjob wrote:

what are you talking about? You voted for me today!!! At least for one of my entries... been a long time since I last posted two entries in a contest...

I didn't know that... I didn't know you participated in todays contest.. I just figured it was some one that was good.. by listing the chopper's names I just meant that they don't chop as frequently as they used to.. I had no intention of putting you down. I just meant that we don't have as much pros participating in the daily contests as they used to. I never said that all of the entries suck, some days we have really good entries...somedays we don't.. I was just refering to the contests in general not specificaly. Confused Didn't mean to cause confusion.

rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Rockyjob, I'll be back from time to time when it is possible.

The last weeks, the H2H took all the place. In fact I played in the H2H because last year I had promised to 2 members to take part in it. I took the risk and I was lucky to find enough time to chop. And if I were in the round 7, I would be supposed to struggle... this week is a very heavy week at work and I can't sleep so much. I enjoyed the H2H but I can't spend the little of time (during the night after being exhausted by a very busy day) that I have like in the last weeks on daily contests on a regular basis. At my age, I need to sleep sometimes.

So when work will a little slowed down, and when I'm a bit inspired, I will chop.

Smile

Completely understandable Very Happy

carmine665

Location: ...down at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun...

Post Sun May 17, 2009 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Rocky,

Appearently I must be missing something. I havent been here very long and Im not one to post in the forum, however I feel compelled to do so now.

Rocky, I think I know how you are feeling but I dont need the people you mentioned to post in a comp to be inspired by them or to learn from them for that matter. Isnt that the point of art. To see a great piece and be inspired by it? Many a time I have looked through the portfolios of the very people you mentioned and was inspired by them. I am even inspired by your work.

And by the way, how is someone like me going to be inspired and learn if you dont post in compitions regardless of whos entering or not entering? You were inspired and drew compition from them, so must I learn and be inspired by your compition. I can only image that the people you mentioned have been at the top of their game for a very long time but continued to enter anyway. How many times have you won a comp and still said to yourself, "I could have done this, I should have done that"?

I continue to try and do better so maybe someday I can be compition. All I can say is keep choppin' and keep entering youe work. It will only make ME better.

Respectfully submitted.

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

carmine665 wrote:
I'm not offended at all. I'm certainly not the competition.

I hope your not being sarcastic.. Confused
By saying " Where's the competition" I meant where are the old timers, the pros the guys who make flawless chops... I don't mean to offend anyone here.... please don't take it personaly.. in fact, you and among others which are pretty new are actually keeping this sites' contests alive and dedicating yourself and making progress.. I really don't want you guys to think I'm trying to insult you.

splodge

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

dont confuse arcaico he's about as confused as any man should be

Hallcross Toots
carmine665

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

No offense taking Roc. I love your passion!

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

carmine665 wrote:
Rocky,

Appearently I must be missing something. I havent been here very long and Im not one to post in the forum, however I feel compelled to do so now.

Rocky, I think I know how you are feeling but I dont need the people you mentioned to post in a comp to be inspired by them or to learn from them for that matter. Isnt that the point of art. To see a great piece and be inspired by it? Many a time I have looked through the portfolios of the very people you mentioned and was inspired by them. I am even inspired by your work.

And by the way, how is someone like me going to be inspired and learn if you dont post in compitions regardless of whos entering or not entering? You were inspired and drew compition from them, so must I learn and be inspired by your compition. I can only image that the people you mentioned have been at the top of their game for a very long time but continued to enter anyway. How many times have you won a comp and still said to yourself, "I could have done this, I should have done that"?

I continue to try and do better so maybe someday I can be compition. All I can say is keep choppin' and keep entering youe work. It will only make ME better.

Respectfully submitted.

Carmine, what I was trying to say was that when you know there is going to be competiton that might be better you push yourself a lot and end up making a much better chop. In round 3 of the H2h I tried REALLY HARD to make something that could be a potential match for Claf. If I was up against someone else that wasn't such an experienced professional like him, I know I wouldn't have tried so hard. That generated better results for me Wink

Meaty

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Your biggest competition should be yourself Rocky, I know I am my own. So why worry if people arent entering the contests, I dont enter to win, I enter purely to see how far i can twist my imagination and manip something to a degree where i can sit back and say "YEAH, I like what i did there" which isnt all that often. And tbh honest a few of my wins Ive hated, to date my personal best piece ive ever done here at psc didnt even get into the top 5 in the contest, Just coz i loved it doesnt mean everyone else will.

rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
Your biggest competition should be yourself Rocky, I know I am my own. So why worry if people arent entering the contests, I dont enter to win, I enter purely to see how far i can twist my imagination and manip something to a degree where i can sit back and say "YEAH, I like what i did there" which isnt all that often. And tbh honest a few of my wins Ive hated, to date my personal best piece ive ever done here at psc didnt even get into the top 5 in the contest, Just coz i loved it doesnt mean everyone else will.

I guess I'm a bit confused. I try to make the best chop I can do but, at the end, where I could add so much more my inspiration fades away a little, unlike before where I kept thinking " I gotta do my best... the chops in the contest are tough to beat, and from the ones that I get beaten by I'll learn something.. lets push it 10% more!"
I guess I just lost the ambition and a little of the joy of making art, even though it is my love..
I'll try to think that way, or at least adapt my way of thinking just so I can work with it more, not against it Wink

carmine665

Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
carmine665 wrote:
Rocky,

Respectfully submitted.

Carmine, what I was trying to say was that when you know there is going to be competiton that might be better you push yourself a lot and end up making a much better chop. In round 3 of the H2h I tried REALLY HARD to make something that could be a potential match for Claf. If I was up against someone else that wasn't such an experienced professional like him, I know I wouldn't have tried so hard. That generated better results for me Wink

No problems Roc. I totally understand where your coming from. We all need to give our own personal "Muse" a kick in the behind sometimes, just to get us going again. Just dont forget to keep postin' anyway. I need the inspiration!!! Very Happy

janetdog

Post Sun May 17, 2009 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
janetdog wrote:
rockyjob wrote:

Miss the old PSC? You mean the one without advantaged and disadvantaged? The one with responsible, professional management? The one without the current good ol' boy elitist attitudes?

Oh, That's right. You haven't been here that long.

Janetdog, if you hate this place so much then leave... and this is not a thread to rant, so if you want to rant then make your own "look at me thread". Secondly, old PSC I was refering to wasn't the really OLD one, just the one that I joined here with. Being disrespectful and always looking to turn down someone isn't how you'll get the comunity's trust or make friends. I know you have a personal grudge agaisnt me ,but fthat is no excuse to keep constantly firing insults at me Rolling Eyes

I've been here long enough to see this place change quite a few times. People like you come and then thankfully go. I stick around because I have made many friends over the years.

As for anything personal with you...Not even. You are the one that has made things personal. I don't know who you are. I don't care. Is it really anyone's fault you have no inspiration or ideas of your own. Photoshop is just a tool. It can't make you creative. It can't make you funny. It can't make you smart.

Funny thing about inspiration and art... Some people just don't have it. Maybe you should consider knitting!

Post Sun May 17, 2009 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
I have made many friends over the years...
As for anything personal with you...Not even. You are the one that has made things personal.
So you are normally that aggressive, and rude to everyone... excellent...I can now picture the quality of your friendship with your "friends"
janetdog wrote:
Is it really anyone's fault you have no inspiration or ideas of your own.
Hey wait a second.. I didn't blame anyone. And for inspiration and ideas of my own.. I seem to have much more of them than you.
janetdog wrote:
Photoshop is just a tool...It can't make you smart.

Hey, whadya know! You're proving that right now!
janetdog wrote:
Funny thing about inspiration and art... Some people just don't have it. Maybe you should consider knitting!
Your portfolio shows that too Smile And so does your attitude.. its seems like you quit chopping.. right?
Just stop trying to desperately hurt someone... your embarrassing yourself...

rockyjob

Post Sun May 17, 2009 3:17 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
trust me, i'm a docker,
mod's, dev's and admin have an evil little plan underway to ensnare some old timers, be prepaired to see some 'new' old faces, enough said

W00t! Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Where are you guys? - Reply to topic