Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Uhh, what is Adobe trying to prove? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

bneises

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/peloos12/PS.jpg?t=1250554536

You think they would like the fact that their name has become a noun or verb...

splodge

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

crap, i think i might of started this

Hallcross Toots
MonkeeDrummer

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Agreed, whats their problem? Just cuz i can:

"So, the other day i PHOTOSHOPPED somebody on top of mt. everest, and my friend told me that PS rocks because of all the PHOTOSHOPPING stuff that i've shown them. I just love to PHOTOSHOP, especially with other PHOTOSHOPPERS..."

just like that... Laughing

TJ

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Surprised

dannyboyuk09

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:41 pm   Reply with quote         

As a Photoshopper who photoshops as often as I can photoshop I can only say that the fellow Photoshoppers who photoshop© here often use PS to Photoshop PS work that other Photoshoppers© have photoshopped. These individuals are known as Photoshop©lifters and should not be allowed to partake in any Photoshopping.

Should you come across one of these Photoshop©Lifters you should inform any/ all other Photoshop Shoppers© that your work is being pirated and we can catch these bugger before they strike... abuse of A©DO©BE Photo©Shop is not permitted and should be outlawed.

Especially those butts that dont pay for it....

Confused Confused Confused Laughing

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I have enhanced this image with Adobe® Photoshop® software...
Imagine everyone saying that, how fucking stupid that would sound.... Laughing

carmine665

Location: ...down at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun...

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:

You think they would like the fact that their name has become a noun or verb...

I agree. We now say, "Please get me a kleenex." That used to be a product name. We also say, "Make me a xerox of this." Again a product name. Oh yeah, I almost forgot "band aid", same thing.

I would think that a company would want their product to become so popular that it becomes part of the languge. Oh well............

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
gravyboat

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Man I haven't enhanced the shit out of a chop in ages using Adobe® Photoshop® software. I wish Adobe® Photoshop® software would tutorialize the internet so we could better learnify how to properly peform functionality with Adobe® Photoshop® software. Confused Morons.

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
carmine665

Location: ...down at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun...

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

dannyboyuk09 wrote:
These individuals are known as Photoshop©lifters and should not be allowed to partake in any Photoshopping.

BWWWAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
janetdog

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Nope Nope Nope

That is a big steaming pile. I don't know who wrote that drivel but it is wrong. The good folks at Adobe are thrilled anytime any form of the word 'photoshop' is used. They are the standard.

Hell, They are the ones who started calling their software CS2, CS3, etc.

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

This has to be something giving to the sales team at Adobe. It's better for sales to distinguish your product by its full name.

The term Photoshopped actually refers to a broad range of techniques that now includes the use of tools and software that don't belong to Adobe. So if you told somebody, "here, take this image home and Photoshop it to make it look nicer." The person asked to do this task would go home and manipulate it with whatever software he or she has available, perhaps the person uses Corel Draw that he/she got free from a digital camera purchase.

Now, if you tell somebody, "Here, take this image home and manipulate it with Adobe Photoshop software." The person doing the task will have a major moral conflict with going home and using Corel Draw to manipulate an image. Doing so would provide inferior results. The stress and guilt of using a different program would kill this person. So the person either has to use a different computer that has Adobe Photoshop software, or buy the software for his/herself.

Same goes for Kleenex. "Hand me a Kleenex, please", does not have the same meaning as, "Hand me a Kleenex Brand tissue, please." The odds are that most people don't even use the Kleenex brand.

I'm sure that Adobe loves the fact that people use their name as a verb or noun, but a salesman for the Adobe products needs to avoid this practice.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

If memory serves that "proper usage" document spawned the use of "chop/chopping/chopped" here at PSC years ago.

Tesore

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:50 am   Reply with quote         

I 'googled' on 'photoshopping' with my 'Mac'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_manipulation

Wink

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:54 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Nope Nope Nope

That is a big steaming pile. I don't know who wrote that drivel but it is wrong. The good folks at Adobe are thrilled anytime any form of the word 'photoshop' is used. They are the standard.

Actually that part is literally from the Permissions and trademark guidelines at adobe.com ( http://www.adobe.com/misc/trade.html )

But it should be taken into the right perspective, it's a guideline for proper use (for instance in official text, magazines, third party programs, etc...)

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
janetdog wrote:
Nope Nope Nope

Actually that part is literally from the Permissions and trademark guidelines at adobe.com ( http://www.adobe.com/misc/trade.html )

But it should be taken into the right perspective, it's a guideline for proper use (for instance in official text, magazines, third party programs, etc...)

Was that anywhere in the long list before clicking accept?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Uhh, what is Adobe trying to prove? - Reply to topic