Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Anonymous Contests. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should all the daily contests be anonymous?

Yes I like to get votes for my work

48%

48%

[ 14 ]

No I like getting votes from my friends hee hee

51%

51%

[ 15 ]

Total Votes: 29

dannyboyuk09

Location: Yorkshire, England.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         


Hey I'm wondering why all contests aren't anonymous? Would that not cure the "I'm voting for my friend not the work" craze.

I just think it would be a lot fairer to do all the contests anonymously... unless I'm missing something which is possible.

I dare say this has been brought up in the past and I'm dragging up old views and comments but... I dont care I WANT ANSWERS!! Laughing Laughing Laughing




_________________
If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid.
bogonet

Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         


Vokariss, dont look at me, I'm not involved in this (riot) ...yet Smile




Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         


Actually, this is the 100th thread about this. Congrats.
Mods, give this guy a prize plz.

All contests were anonymous back in the days, with 10 votes to cast only.
In 2006 (I think) it has been overturned to non-anon contests with 25 votes and been that way ever since.

I don't think it'll be back like it used too, unfortunatly.
So don't waste another minute here... Go vote for marco's entries.




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.
Granulated

Location: London

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         


Unfortunately, anonymous contests just polarise the "friend voting" problem. Not only that it keeps everything conveniently hidden until its too late to do anything about it.




anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         


It's all pointless! Marco will only try to bury this thread and when it gets bumped he'll get it locked! I hate this place now!

Edit: Oops, I forgot to poest this: http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=14344&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0




anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         


This used to be my happy place!




mastermason

Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         


I'm still in the process of recruiting friends hence I haven't won yet. Seem to be stuck in 3rd gear and when I think I might just have it in the bag. Bang ..... somebody elses friends beat me to it.

That's my 2 pence worth.




anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         


mastermason wrote:
I'm still in the process of recruiting friends hence I haven't won yet. Seem to be stuck in 3rd gear and when I think I might just have it in the bag. Bang ..... somebody elses friends beat me to it.

That's my 2 pence worth.


When did you start using Photoshop?
When did you start entering contests here?
When did you get on the first page of the voting entries?
When did you get high up in the first page of the voting entries?




mastermason

Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         


When did you start using Photoshop?
When did you start entering contests here?
When did you get on the first page of the voting entries?
When did you get high up in the first page of the voting entries?

Long Time!
Long Time!
Many Time!
Many Time!




kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         


Topic number 100.. if not 200. I bet it's even more.
Just a topic and apparantly it stays a topic.
Many tried in the past, we got one anonymous a week and that's where it ends I'm afraid. Just wondering how many more topics it needs before contests will go anonymous. I gave up on it two years ago Laughing




anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         


mastermason wrote:
When did you start using Photoshop?
When did you start entering contests here?
When did you get on the first page of the voting entries?
When did you get high up in the first page of the voting entries?

Long Time!
Long Time!
Many Time!
Many Time!


Good answers!

Now, can I ask the same questions to Mamaballistic or whatever she is called now?




MamaBallistic

Location: Behind you!

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         


anfa wrote:
mastermason wrote:
When did you start using Photoshop?
When did you start entering contests here?
When did you get on the first page of the voting entries?
When did you get high up in the first page of the voting entries?

Long Time!
Long Time!
Many Time!
Many Time!


Good answers!

Now, can I ask the same questions to Mamaballistic or whatever she is called now?


Laughing Are you suggesting that I cheat PSC in some way? Believe me Anfa, I couldn't be more AGAINST that stuff happening, I like people to vote on my entries because they enjoy them NOT because they once had a brief conversation with me.

I started using PS in September
Entering in October
I've no idea
I've still no idea

Yes I've won, had seconds & thirds but only because I've worked my ass off, put time & effort in, had lots of tips & suggestions from other members & have taken their advice on board. What exactly is wrong in learning & learning well?

It would seem some people around here want newbies to suck.... unfortunately some of us take the time to learn & ask questions if we're unsure - maybe it's wrong to do so? I mean, that's only what I got taught to do if I was unsure Rolling Eyes

Anyway.... that's all I have to say on the matter now, everytime this gets raised we get brought into it despite whether we're around or not which quite frankly says a lot more about the people doing their "gossiping" than anything/anyone else.




_________________

anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         


MamaBallistic wrote:
anfa wrote:
mastermason wrote:
When did you start using Photoshop?
When did you start entering contests here?
When did you get on the first page of the voting entries?
When did you get high up in the first page of the voting entries?

Long Time!
Long Time!
Many Time!
Many Time!


Good answers!

Now, can I ask the same questions to Mamaballistic or whatever she is called now?


Laughing Are you suggesting that I cheat PSC in some way? Believe me Anfa, I couldn't be more AGAINST that stuff happening, I like people to vote on my entries because they enjoy them NOT because they once had a brief conversation with me.

I started using PS in September
Entering in October
I've no idea
I've still no idea

Yes I've won, had seconds & thirds but only because I've worked my ass off, put time & effort in, had lots of tips & suggestions from other members & have taken their advice on board. What exactly is wrong in learning & learning well?

It would seem some people around here want newbies to suck.... unfortunately some of us take the time to learn & ask questions if we're unsure - maybe it's wrong to do so? I mean, that's only what I got taught to do if I was unsure Rolling Eyes

Anyway.... that's all I have to say on the matter now, everytime this gets raised we get brought into it despite whether we're around or not which quite frankly says a lot more about the people doing their "gossiping" than anything/anyone else.


Well to be fair after reading that, I'm glad you didn't use the word "talent" anywhere amongst that piece of uncontroversial niceness.




blue_lurker

Location: Australia

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         


I like midgets, never made it a secret around here. Why do I like midgetss.....welll...
There small and compact, don't eat much
you can dress em up and they look cute
They store away neatly in a draw or a cupboard
and if you have enough of em around you can dress up as the tin man and make your wife dress as Wanda the good witch and.....well you get the idea.
So yeah I like midgets Laughing




_________________

kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 pm   Reply with quote         


Why are so many picking on Marco and Mamaballistic? Because they get a lot of votes?
All I've read here lately is negative feedback about Marco this, mama that.. not a positive word.
Yet, from both Mama- and Marco I've never read negative feedback towards those who are picking on them, where others would have snapped by now - and it would be their good right!

And by the way, even if they get a lot of votes, at least they bring an image to PSC here every single day to fill up the empty gaps. Talent or not.. take these two out and it's close to dead around here.

If people can't stand Marco getting votes, then just make something 'better'. Exclamation




Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Anonymous Contests. - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com