Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Grouped Pilings comp seige. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

annajon

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
what class would this be?

using Photoshop Filters 101?

geesh, if someone paid to take a course that only showed you how to go Filter>Sketch>Bas Relief, i'd want my money back.

Yes... yes... yes.... experimenting on one competition is ok, that would make sence, but using all that for every new competition is not cool.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is a note I pmed to koshapatel (his alias) a couple of days ago,when I smelled something fishy (and I don't mean the glass bass).However I didn't think he would go this far.Since he did not heed my warning I think I will now put it here for everyone to see...
Quote: hey do you have a twin brother or are you playing the alias game?You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all of the time!I'm on to your little game.How could you vote for your alias after only 5 entries,when you need ten in order to vote?You do some pretty good work as kushpatel,I don't see why you have to do what you are doing and voting for yourself through an alias.That is cheating.I am PMing you instead of bringing this up with the mods to give you a chance to change your ways.However if you keep this up I will let them know what you are doing.Now it's up to you or kushpatel as you wish... Twisted Evil unquote.

jasper

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

geesh, if someone paid to take a course that only showed you how to go Filter>Sketch>Bas Relief, i'd want my money back.

Yes... yes... yes.... experimenting on one competition is ok, that would make sence, but using all that for every new competition is not cool.

how else were his aliases going to be able to get the 10 entries required? it only makes sense as filters are quick and painless.

The one that made me lol was: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/173108/red-heart.html

red filter on a red image - wow! amazing transformation.

TheShaman

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

@ jasper...

DING! DING! DING!

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Just so you all know where the situation stands right now.
kushpatel and 14 aliases, which were accurately identified previously in this thread, are banned. They can't interact with the site anymore (post, vote, forum, etc). You can still see their accounts and all of the alias entries are still up, as it is very time consuming to remove them. Someone may remove them in time... however, kushpatel's entries have been removed, as those entries were compromising a number of contest results.
TheShaman

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Bow

thank you bill!

nice to see ya round for a change. even if it is just for the ban hammer.

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

LOL!
Sorry Embarassed

So I have to change my filter>sketch>bas relief chop for tomorrows contest?
Confused

Laughing

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
...all of the alias entries are still up, as it is very time consuming to remove them...
all alias entries have been removed

jasper

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
...all of the alias entries are still up, as it is very time consuming to remove them...
all alias entries have been removed

we have the best mods EVAH!

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

OK, ok, I'll give you your money back, but you learned filters oh so well. Laughing Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

One question......... the votes the banned guy gave on the contests, do they stay? Even when people know that they were given through miss behaviour?

Just asking.... banning a person because they are a cheat and accepting their votes... that seems to be a little crummy to me

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
One question......... the votes the banned guy gave on the contests, do they stay? Even when people know that they were given through miss behaviour?

Just asking.... banning a person because they are a cheat and accepting their votes... that seems to be a little crummy to me
The point is valid and has been discussed. Currently mods don't have the power to remove votes.

annajon

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

ah, ... I see. Well, that advantage is for the persons who received the votes then.

Rangizzz

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
ah, ... I see. Well, that advantage is for the persons who received the votes then.

Aghrr, I didn't get a single vote from him or any of his other personality! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! Mad Laughing

annajon

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't think I did either....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Grouped Pilings comp seige. - Reply to topic