Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's analyze this Reunion - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Heather!

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

OH FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!

Look, tthe reunion day was about some old timers coming and competing against one another.
it was THEIR day.
I made a bad quickie chop myself becasue i knew there was no way i'd get many voted because of the calibure of the dearly departed. but becaue i have been here coming up on two years (as rondo), that makes me an old timer, and i wanted to participate.

Just because some of you normally get more voites and dint today is no reason to be all upset and well.. dare i say. WHINEY!

1-stop worrying about who votes for who and why, its fruitless and ya know, they are their voted to do with as they please. PERIOD.
2- just chop and have fun doing it! Thats what this site is about!
3- someone lock mommas boy int he closet!
Razz

chill out people its just a website and its just for fun]

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

Bob kicks ass;

however ,yesterday was a contest with many great posts, "newbies" tried harder cause they knew the competition would be tough....and on top of that, there was no bitching untill this thread appeared.

such fun contests, with many great posts, no bitching, and overall better level than everyday reminds me why I am nostalgic.

when I emailed some "oldies" for the reunion, I had this discussion:

him:"wow the site has so much changed"
me: "yes, it has become a more family like site now, we even have kids post, it's cool"
him"kids ? ok now I understand why the level is so low...and all the bitching in the forums"
me: "hahahahahahahaha"

thank you

MommysBoy

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:23 am   Reply with quote         

Lol Heather, there's no room in the closet with Mommy in there. Read my lips people. "I'm not complaing about anything". Should I spell it out too? I'm over complaing about stuff for now. I think the reunion was a good idea, very touching tear-jerker too. What it did for me was make me think "What's left when all these people pull out and go back to the hills?"

If the masters all leave, what's left? Who are the learners supposed to learn from? The masters archives?

I don't understand why trying to discuss this is construed as "starting shit"

ReinMan wrote:
This isn't a PRO site, it is a FUN site. That is just how it is.

Is that the answer to my question?

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:32 am   Reply with quote         

Great contest today. Lots of talent (past AND present).

I've just had a look at the "most votes" first page, and, though I may not agree on the exact order, I don't see anything wildly wrong about it. Of course everyone has different tastes or votes for pics for different reasons. The pic that Patim mentions is really good, but to come out and say that that should be winning (during a live contest...*ahem*) is really not fair. There are several pics on that first page that would deserve a win, and that's why we have a voting system, so that the one that pleases the most people wins.

As for saying that there are just favouritism votes, well, have a look at the positions of some of the people who often win. A lot of them are well down the list, but you don't hear THEM complaining.

As for Mommysboy's question about what will happen after today, well, hopefully today's contest will have been an inspiration to people to come up with great things in future. It's certainly not going to make things worse.

Personally, I'm really happy to see all these amazing entries, and I've certainly got a lot of inspiration from them. Thanks to those who helped make it happen. Smile

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
Fugue

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:50 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Strange is imo that 12384bob isn't in the first place

Uh, maybe because he posted much later than most? He's currently in the second half of entries on page 5 (default view), and the guy has climbed back up to the first page (most votes view).

Considering this I'd say he's been treated quite fairly. If, for example, you watch 2 entries of similar quality, the contest becomes not about favouritism, but about exposure time.

Quote:
it was THEIR day.

No Heather. That's a separatist thing to say. It was just a chance to compete against more people than usual, with some hype-building to make sure everyone put forward their best work.
The fact that JMH basically gave us all an "advantage" style chance to work on the image ahead of time makes this the fairest contest yet.

YerPalAl

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you Fugue, well said.

HandToolUK

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="Fugue"]
Quote:
The fact that JMH basically gave us all an "advantage" style chance to work on the image ahead of time makes this the fairest contest yet.

Good point there Fugue! Smile

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

My HEAVENS Fugue - that was a dandy statement. you are RIGHT (I hope no one gets mad at me for agreeing with you, as you and I are semi-old-timers here and we may be accused of a conspiracy plot by the more over-anxious newbies! Smile )

I think we might all thank JMH for BREAKING the rules and doing just what Fugue said: give us ALL (old, medium and new) an ADVANTAGE day. Instead of worrying so much about what's fair and who's got more friends than someone else - I'd like to take a moment and kiss up JMH's ARSE for being such a good sport!

THANKS JMH for giving us ALL that pic in advance and keeping the playing field as fair as humanly possible!

Okay. Now let's stop yakkin' and get CHOPPIN!

"practice until you make it look easy!" - some sports dude

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

Oh jeesh. You guys are all nuts. Let's over analyze a contest that was a heap of fun. Let's feel left out. Lets whine about lack of votes. Let's quit the site. Lets complain about favouritism. Let's see if we can ruin a fun contest that had a high number of quality images posted. Let's bash nancers here in forum for what she's saying because at the moment her image is winning.

Metalic is getting beaten soundly for the first time in AGES - and he PM'd me and said how much fun he was having. I think his exact words were "WHEEEEEEEEEE!"

Does anyone remember laughter?

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

Nancers is the only one making any sense.

...and Fugue, I guess. Wink

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

Nancers - SHUT UP! You are only angry because you know that you can NEVER HAVE ME!! (in a biblical way).

- but you could RENT me! Wink

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Nancers - SHUT UP! You are only angry because you know that you can NEVER HAVE ME!! (in a biblical way).

- but you could RENT me! Wink

HAH! I OWN you, and you know it. Razz

dewking

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

I want to thank Nancers for setting up the reunion day. Don't take things too personally Nance, there's always going to be somoene bitching and moaning, just know that most people had a GREAT time and THAT's what matters!

if someone wants to complain, call favoritism, leave, cry, run away and flame the site, whatever, let them. For the rest of us, we'll just sit back and enjoy the great quality of new AND old posts from yesterday.

Good job nance!

YerPalAl

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

AANNDdddd . . . . the contest has already set a new record for number of votes cast so it seems to be popular.

fempie

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

yup.....or simply addicting... Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's analyze this Reunion - Reply to topic