Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - FUN FUN FUN!! Scavenger Hunt #3 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

screwloose

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll play! Very Happy

AtHeaMo

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

When does the SH end?

Question

Showcase

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Since there have been a few questions...

A scavenger hunt is usually done as a friendly team competition where teams are formed and give a list of items to "hunt" down. The items might be something to take a picture of or something to find. There is a time limit to find these items and you have to work as a team. All the items that can be found by a team are collected and delivered to the Hunt coordinator(s) for scoring and totalling. Scavenger hunts are usually done with a theme in mind but not always. for instance a group of people might do a halloween scavenger hunt where all the items to find are halloween related. Typically, the team to find the most items is the winners.

In this case, being the internet AND a photochopping website, the list will contain items that include each team member needing to take pictures, chopping pictures, answering questions that can be found on the internet somewhere, etc.

If you look at the 2 previous scavenger hunts listed in my initial post here, you will see some of the typical items that might appear on our list.

There will be a lot of offsite communication required between teammates so IM is recommended tho not needed if you find an online chat site or forum site where you can create your own chat room or forum. Things like who on the team will do what item and passing info along are some of the things you'll need to communicate amongst your teammates.

Finally, the list will be posted on the start date which, again, is March 31st at 8:00am PSC time. All teams that have been formed with an official team name will then have until April 5th, tuesday night at 11:59pm to complete as many as the items they can on the list and forward them to one of us doing the judging (Me, Nancers, Mozub and Ken). Each item will be worth a certain amount of points and a total for each team will be tallied. the team with the most points wins. What you win is the rights to run the next scavenger hunt by picking the start/end dates, creating the list of items and judging the entries.

Please, if someone doesnt understand something, PM me or ask one of us here. I promise it isnt too difficult and is loads of fun.

Showcase

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Atheamo,

starts: Thursday Morning, March 31st at 8:00am PSC time. This is when the list of items to find/create is posted.

ends: Tuesday Night, April 5th at 11:59pm PSC time.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

HAH! 6 teams so far? This is going to be fun!

A great way to communicate on a team is to find a place where you can create your own free message board. That way if you are on opposite sides of the globes you can still communicate as to who is doing which tasks.

I agree with showcase (THAT'S a first) in that it really is a lot of fun. I personally enjoy the taunting that goes on in forum and chat the most. Team Killer Bunnies!!!!!
We used this image to taunt the Pork Posse last round:

Grab some people and have some fun...and remember.

Sucking up to the judges DOES work.

*edit* ACK! BBCode

patim

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok,

We came up with a name. It's that what Arcaico pointed out. And the name is...............

OAK club

Oldbies Ass Kicking club Very Happy

Now we're hoping that there gonna be some oldbies to KICK some ASS.

Cynn (for the all time low kick)
Mint (specialized in the semi automatic ass kick)
Me(for sucking up to the jury)
One waiting to reply and or one for shure

LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!!

Oh and Nancers, lets forget the past. I only treated you that way ,cause I have romantic feelings for you and I am not able to deal with my immature feelings Razz

I also love all the men in the jury (pure platonically of course)

I live close to Amsterdam, so if the jury needs some special stuff Wink

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice try patim, but showcase has already tried that schtick, you'll have to work a little harder than that. Laughing

Showcase

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

well, Ive been asked to announce the Quack Club as....

QUACK CLUB: DROOL TEAM...or maybe it was QUACK CLUB: DIPSTICK TEAM...oh shoot....I cant remember now. oh..oh DRUNK TEAM..I think that was it....no...maybe not.

square, what was it again?
Razz

Square

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

uh, how about QUACK CLUB THAT'S GONNA STOMP ON YER ASS!!

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
arcaico

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase, the team is set, and we have a replacement.

But first, I was wondering... it would be a good idea to have up to 5 players on each team... cause then we could take 2 tasks per player. (and also cause I'd be able to include my bro in the team again, once he was replaced... Razz) And Team Spunk could include supak as they wished... so, what do ya think?

So, Team Buceta 4-players formation now is (in alphabetical order):

alex
anfa
arcaico and
billtvshow

and case the 5-players opinion work, hellraiser... otherwise, just the 4 of us.
my 2 cents
Fabio/arcaico

__________________________________________________________________________________
TEAM BUCETA
if it's wet, we're IN

YerPalAl

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

HEY NANCERS . . .

This hunt isn't going to suck our creativity dry is it?

Showcase

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:56 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico, it makes sense. we'll see...more teams are better I think so hellraiser and supak could make a team with twagonner and one of the others..

have to see what the other judges think. Smile

Alex

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Team Buceta : International crew
Brazil
Canada
U.K.
U.S.A.

So don't ask us a photograph of the Bucetas united... (2300$ plane tickets)
And i'm too lazy to chop it.

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

no problem... I just don't think it's a good idea my bro being in other team than buceta, once we share the chopping computer (he has his own, but not good for chopping... so he always use mine) and he doesn't know english very well... anyway, if it's ok having 5, you can put him in.

Nance, Mo, Ken... what ya think?

anfa

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:33 pm   Reply with quote         

If I wasn't so drunk I would of OOOh what's that?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - FUN FUN FUN!! Scavenger Hunt #3 - Reply to topic