Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PLease???? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Fri May 29, 2009 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

There was an H2H?

Shocked

And REY won???

Shocked

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri May 29, 2009 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Please know that much of this has been under discussion. It is my hope that I'll have time to create a survey to poll member's thoughts/opinions. As a mod with a job and family, it is impossible to read all the comments and opinions posted here in forum. I would like to collect data in ONE PLACE to reflect the community's requests for changes.

History (yah, I got that)
The H2H, the Scavenger Hunts and Reunion Contests (among many others) were borne from Member Ideas. In the past the members just created them as a Fun and Game idea in forum. At the most, the creators of the games asked the site owner to send out a mass Email. There were no prizes, just trash talking and bragging rights.

Its clear to me now, that members are demanding more. These 3 "Fun and Game" ideas, have become tradition at PSC. They are now considered by many of you, official EVENTS.

nancers-the-site-member certainly agrees with some (not all) opinions expressed by the community regarding improvements to the site and these "now official events".

nancers-the-mod knows we cannot please everyone...and thinks a survey/poll might be the way to go to collect information and make plans for future events that will make MOST reasonable people happy.

Of course, no matter what. There will be the disgruntled. Wink

Post Fri May 29, 2009 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I find that the lack of "ownership" of this site can be a bit of a problem, and I understand ReyRey's initial comments and feelings.

I myself have attempted many things to GET THINGS GOING in the past, and I have done this in other places in my world than just PSC. What I noticed here is that there is an BIG bit of enthusiasm at first, but energy for "projects" dies out real fast unless someone keeps pounding at it. Maybe we have too many little fires and there is not enough energy to keep a BIG BUSH FIRE going for long due to the energy drains from the smaller fires? I don't know. Like Rey, there are times that I really feel like walking away from here. I know some folks like what I bring to the table here, and some folks don't know what I'm about and judge me negatively from their ignorant (as in "not knowing what is really going on") viewpoint.

Yet I do continue to feel a good sense of community here, in spite of the confusion and apparent lack of ownership here at this site. But, due to this lack of Owner/Leadership, I do not have much faith that stuff is gonna get done, or change too fast.

The fact that we've just gone through one of the biggest contests of the year, and the winner has to ASK about collecting his rightful winnings is just sad. This is a symptom that shows a potential underlying illness here... one that I think has been incubating for a while now.

*sigh* Not sure what else to say. Congrats Rey. Sorry the folks at the top don't seem to be looking after you... (and if they have since this thread started, then my appologies for that last statement - but the rest of what I said still stands).

Reindud(e)

janetdog

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

No Comment.

Post Fri May 29, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with the sentiment that maybe some things should make it to the front of the site, and the idea of 'red news' is pretty nice.
I'd like to see the winning h2h image top left on front for a month. So the front page gets a little taller. So what?
I sometimes think it's odd we have the shortest page on teh interwebs. A journalistic story format top left box highlighting current interest, and issues would be pretty cool. I'd volunteer to handle, and maintain it, given the power to do so.
http://www.venicefla.us/

anfa

Post Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, everyone look at ReyRey!!

Drama queen!

ReyRey

Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

queen

Scrumpy

Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Wot's a H2H? Confused

Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

Drama queen!

Laughing Laughing

Twisted Evil

ReyRey

Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
anfa wrote:

Drama queen!

Laughing Laughing

Twisted Evil

Twat. Laughing Twisted Evil

blue_lurker

Post Sat May 30, 2009 12:38 am   Reply with quote         

This bushfire is still burning and getting hotter

janetdog

Post Sat May 30, 2009 12:49 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I agree with the sentiment that maybe some things should make it to the front of the site, and the idea of 'red news' is pretty nice.
I'd like to see the winning h2h image top left on front for a month. So the front page gets a little taller. So what?
I sometimes think it's odd we have the shortest page on teh interwebs. A journalistic story format top left box highlighting current interest, and issues would be pretty cool. I'd volunteer to handle, and maintain it, given the power to do so.

heh 'Bears' @ sharkeys...

Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
ScionShade wrote:

heh 'Bears' @ sharkeys...

DAMNIT!

ScionShade

Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:42 am   Reply with quote         

Fixed. Thank You Janet's Dawg. Wink

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat May 30, 2009 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
There was an H2H?

Shocked

And REY won???

Shocked

In 2008 I didn't find out about it until it was over! Laughing Laughing Laughing I heard rumors about it! (Thought it was a secret hidden contest or something that you had to be invited to or something! Laughing Laughing ) Then I stumbled across it one day! Anyway, I can see how it could be easily missed, I did!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PLease???? - Reply to topic