Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mother F*$K!#% - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Instead of signing the back of my credit cards, I write "Ask for ID" .....you wouldn't believe how many salesppl fail to look for the signature. *sigh*

Sorry this happened to you, Tofu, but am happy you caught it and got it sorted out.

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:35 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Instead of signing the back of my credit cards, I write "Ask for ID" .....you wouldn't believe how many salesppl fail to look for the signature. *sigh*

Sorry this happened to you, Tofu, but am happy you caught it and got it sorted out.

I cant remember the last time I signed something. It's been chip 'n' pin for ages.

But, on a similar note, I always sign mine upside down, and my sig isn't easily determinable

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
probably your fault

Laughing Screw you too! Wink

Well... Went on the camping trip. Had a whole $12 to take with me for dinner on the way home (luckily we had all our food for the trip itself already purchased).

Got home and when I finally had cell signal I called the wife. She was upset that we got a "you're overdrawn so we're charging you money" letter from the bank. Went online and showed her that the money was there. Took a while for her to understand that the letter was automatically generated and went out in the mail before the dispute paperwork was processed.

End result is that I've got my money back and all bank fees refunded. Now to see if that new card is here when I get home from work today (didn't look over the weekend).

OH! Speaking of the weekend.... Had a great trip with it's own ups and downs. It rained (or is that Reined) on us the entire first day and a good part of the second day. We went about 45 miles on the river over 3 days. The rain helped the current and rapids a bit.

We saw 12 bald eagles, 2 golden eagles (one eating at the top of a tree), 2 kingfisher spearing their breakfast out of the river, 3 flocks of geese, 4 flocks of ducks, and the largest black bear I've ever seen in my life. Sucker was HUGE! Shocked

Along with the wife's call about the bank she also told me that the clothes dryer died and the garage door was broken as well. Sad

Still feeling picked on. Razz

Tesore

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Photo's please!!!

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Photo's please!!!
Confused

I didn't have my camera (it died a violent death).

The only cameras that were brought along were crappy waterproof disposables and one of the leaders also had his digital. Don't know how good his pics are but I'll see about getting copies of all the photos (even the disposable cam shots) and I'll post the best of the bunch. Cool

Also no pics of the bear as we saw it when we were leaving. Driving up a winding gravel road at 50 MPH. Came around a curve and there was the bear. Not the best conditions to snap a pic (not to mention the lack of camera at that point). Laughing

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
. . .
It rained (or is that Reined) on us . . .

Laughing

supak0ma

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am   Reply with quote         

this is probably how they do it, happened a lot here in italy, it's a typical romanian (immigrants from romania use this stuff a lot) technique: either the cash dispenser is rigged with a card reader and a camera to see you type your pin or the swiping machine in the store has been modified to read and store your card nr and pin code, later the crooks would retrieve the devices from the machines.

be careful where you buy and always check the cash dispenser for suspicious stuff around it.

ReinMan

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
this is probably how they do it, happened a lot here in italy, it's a typical romanian technique.......

I KNEW it!

It was the ROMANS!!! Shocked

seamusoisin

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

Damn Romans have stuped to stealing from ATM's. Reduced to petty crimes, no more robbing, pilaging, raping, and mass murders, Caligula must be rolling in his grave.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
blue_lurker

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Damn Romans have stuped to stealing from ATM's. Reduced to petty crimes, no more robbing, pilaging, raping, and mass murders, Caligula must be rolling in his grave.

Other than roads sewage, the aqueduct medicine and atm theft what else have the Romans ever done for us...

supak0ma

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
this is probably how they do it, happened a lot here in italy, it's a typical romanian technique.......

I KNEW it!

It was the ROMANS!!! Shocked

seamusoisin wrote:

LOL i can't say i didn't see this one coming! ahah

seamusoisin

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
seamusoisin wrote:

Other than roads sewage, the aqueduct medicine and atm theft what else have the Romans ever done for us...

All of which they stole from the Etruscans, well mabe not ATM theft. Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Granulated

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

the rubicon !

Granulated

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Arrow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mother F*$K!#% - Reply to topic