Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - VIRAL RATINGS ! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

armogeden

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:48 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I just retired from worth1000. It didn't make sense to spend hours on a project to have the mass of voters rate everything 4's and 5's out of a possible 10 rating. I felt like a failure after each contest. How demoralizing is that? I figured there was a better PS contest website somewhere. I was a little hesitant to join when I saw the same 1-10 rating options as an unregistered user. But I saw that people had a great personality here and don't pick peoples work apart. I'm glad I joined. I'm even more glad there isn't a true 1-10 rating here... It's too easy to mess up somebody's results by sabotage. I signed up with Worth1000 3 years ago... I wish I knew about this place sooner.

Exactly what I did. Been here for about a year and a half now

je ne regret rien Smile

FootFungas

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing It would be really funny if the W1k people are coming over here trying to sabatoge our contests with low ratings, cause it has absolutely no effect. Laughing

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

I don't quite get the rating thing... I got a low rating... but why bother? Meh.....

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I was in the top ten over there once" and said to myself"...self, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! then I quit! Laughing

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
get rid of it

Fine with me. I never use the rating system, as it's useless in it's current state.

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:26 pm   Reply with quote         

In the real world of graphic design, you're going to have to impress people not familiar with the effort or skill it takes to create certain images. They won't care whether an image was difficult to make or not, only whether it's visually appealling or not. The rating system should show that if enough non-photoshop people actually used it.

Not enough people use it though. Most times your rating will be determined by one person... two if you're lucky.

Micose

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Get rid of that feature. Wink

well said, seriously get rid of this plz
Micose

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
Micose wrote:
get rid of it

Fine with me. I never use the rating system, as it's useless in it's current state.

its why its even more annoying
ScionShade

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
I agree that we'd get more data, but meaningful? Meaningful???
A chance to pop people in the nose anonymously with almost zero effort on the 'click rating 1' and you think...meaningful?
Laughing

You have a poor opinion of the members of this site. I think most of our members would rate fairly personally.

Scion.....1
DoaC......0
Like an elephant! AN ELEPHANT I TELL YA!

Micose

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

i am full of hate myself.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't see your new avi well Micose, is it a pirate on a toilet and I mean no offense if it's not I just can't see it can you blow it up? I am old you know, half blind, lame in one limb, heart flutters, its tuff but I must see zis avi of beauty. Very Happy

Micose

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 pm   Reply with quote         

its a rat named "Pi". My effort at english puns Rolling Eyes and my humble contribution at Pirate's Day...Jen Wink
Micose

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

im sorry if theres always sexual content in everything i draw, i don't do it on purpose... Laughing

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

rofl........... okay now I see,,,,,, it is a RAT and not a toilet rat but a real RAT like a ratatooie type rat eh? good Very Happy

Micose

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
rofl........... okay now I see,,,,,, it is a RAT and not a toilet rat but a real RAT like a ratatooie type rat eh? good Very Happy

Ratatooies are are a merely extinguished specie...do u work at WWF or sthg, research ? awesome! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - VIRAL RATINGS ! - Reply to topic