Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Tofu's begging again - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

dewdew

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:36 pm   Reply with quote         

(or very very STOOPID ). Hey dang it, i resemble that remark. Laughing

The R hangee ma doodle was from the source tofu gave..........It gives it appeal, more than all scrunched up. (my opinion only). The diver i gave looks alright. If you could see the wrestling teams logo its the same WR but it has two dudes wrestling, doing what looks like a belly to back take down, seperating the W&R. I was just trying to stay with the current theme i saw on the site.
Now do i have to do the improvements......or can i just let tofu do them. I have a feeling his ability may exceed mine just a wehncee bit Wink

Head on into a target, Laughing that's how we roll in the south......none of that softy stuff like water and pools.

The whole girls missing thing is because they have a girls and guys team.....looks like at diffrent times of year. So as president of the HE_MAN WOMAN HATERS CLUB.....i demand you show the high sign salut (closest smiley we have) Laughing

Thanks for the imput, now i feel like i am learning......you dont know how long i have waited......all those years wasted i tell you.....wasted.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

It's the State Cross Country Meet here in town and the swim teams get to operate the concessions stand for their major fund raiser. It's by and far the most important fund raiser the teams have. It's a busy day as we'll have over 10,000 people coming to the races. I wish we made a dollar on every one of them but we'll be lucky to make about $2,000 for the boys' swim team. That might at least buy the parkas that they need.

Anyway I'm hopefully going to get a chance to show the works done here to the coach and booster club president some time during the events of tomorrow. I'll get their feedback (and the swimmers) and maybe get an idea of how to combine the elements we like into a logo that can be fine tuned.

Again I want to thank the generous PSC family for their assistance. I'll post the feedback comments I get from the boys and girls (and adults) as soon as I can.

THANK YOU PSC MEMBERS FOR YOUR HELP!

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Tofu,

I'm afraid I'm not getting anywhere with this. I went through my collection of images to see what I could do with the Whirlpool Rapids below Niagara Falls. I thought I'd get a nice outline that I could plant a swimmer in. I got this far:

Pretty lame, I know. Looks more like frickin' whipped cream than Class VI rapids. I'll play with it some more, but I'm not hopeful I'll come up with anything good.

--twk

Wiz

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
It's the State Cross Country Meet here in town and the swim teams get to operate the concessions stand for their major fund raiser. It's by and far the most important fund raiser the teams have. It's a busy day as we'll have over 10,000 people coming to the races. I wish we made a dollar on every one of them but we'll be lucky to make about $2,000 for the boys' swim team. That might at least buy the parkas that they need.

Anyway I'm hopefully going to get a chance to show the works done here to the coach and booster club president some time during the events of tomorrow. I'll get their feedback (and the swimmers) and maybe get an idea of how to combine the elements we like into a logo that can be fine tuned.

Again I want to thank the generous PSC family for their assistance. I'll post the feedback comments I get from the boys and girls (and adults) as soon as I can.

THANK YOU PSC MEMBERS FOR YOUR HELP!

"Good Luck, Go the Rapids!" Wiz Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

This project is being resurrected. Turns out the booster club DOES want a new logo they just didn't think there was enough time to get the shirts this time around. They are planning for the start of next year's season.

Next year's season starts in October 2008. So we're hoping to come up with something and have the shirt order done by the end of summer of 2008.

I've shared the logos that were submitted in this thread with the guys on the team. So far I haven't heard anything on favorites. Anyway this thread is reopened for anyone who'd like to contribute ideas. Thanks!

The school is officially NOT the "Red Raiders". There was a huge controversy here about the name and the political incorrectness of it. So now they are just the "Raiders" and the search is on for a new mascot for the school. Confused

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I found a logo that's really close to what I originally had in mind when I first started this thread.

One thing I'm thinking of is doing something like this and modify it to show the other 3 swim strokes as well (breast, freestyle and backstroke). Then taking all four strokes and put them around the "WR" like the points of a compass. Freestyle and backstroke would be pretty easy but how to show the breast stroke? Confused

This'll give me an excuse to play with Illustrator for a bit.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Tofu's begging again - Reply to topic