Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2007. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
I know this is kinda strange thinking, but why didn't they just buy the remotes that they wanted in the first place instead of using whatever they had and changing the perspective "in post"?!

Just curious what the rationale was....
Cool

Yeah! Thing are often happening like that. For different reasons, they liked the design of the remotes they chose, and said it was also the closer shape of what they expected to see. And most of the time, art directors think I can do everything with Photoshop. But it is not always true. Sometimes I have to say that what they ask is impossible to do, it's part of my work to determine what is possible to do or not and bringing them other options or other ways to do the pictures to make my work easier and well done.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
Claf owns.

Everyone should look through his portfolio to understand what good, clean chopping is all about.

Beautiful work my friend.

agree 100%

Thanks EJH, Stephen, Azionite and others...
Just happy to share it! Smile

mikey

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Bravo Claf!!! ~ Inspirational work! Cool Rocks!

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked

There once was a Claf, named Claude
Whose PSC work was always adored
He then showed his ads
I whispered: "EGADS!"
I then stood up to applaud.

Shocked

sorry about that, but I start Limericking when I get emotional. Laughing (my wife complains about that often).
AWESOME chopping Claf. Very cool to see some of your work. I wish you would/could enter contests here more often.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

SKIIILLLLLZZZ Cool Bow Bow

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:48 pm   Reply with quote         

...Claude,thanks for being such a down to earth guy and sharing al lot of your great work with us.Some people may feel talent and humility don't necessarily go hand in hand,well in your case your humility adds greatly to your talent.And you're a hell of a nice guy to take time from your seemingly tight schedule to let us all have a glimpse of the inner workings of this fabulous world of image manipulation.You are an inspiration as a person and an artist.BTW I especially love the beautifully sensuous illustrations of the rose,orchids and jasmine from last years thread.They remind me a lot of the old 18th century botanical reference book illustrations... thumright thumleft

WhimSea

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

I already knew you were awesome... but this sells the point!

I do similar stuff at work, but you are at the high end of the scale my friend... oh to be given 55 hrs to work on one piece! ha! I had to work on maybe 40 things today... I was going nuts! Stayed after everyone else left so I could work on a special holiday deal for them - alone in peace and quiet and no interruptions!

and as far as how many entries you've had... gees! really. you give more to your 17 or so entries than most do. You gave us quality over quantity this year! (and humor - don't forget those Cladettes!)

I keep seeing that grisly veiny face of yours in my head... oh wait! that was my birthday present to you! bwahahahahaha

when I grow up, I want to be like you! Bow Bow Hug

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks & thanks & thanks!
Christy, Luxwiz & VVP ... hmmm... maybe it's a bit too much... I mean... I think... makes me feel shy! Huh.. Embarassed Hug

ReyRey

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Thanks & thanks & thanks!
Christy, Luxwiz & VVP ... hmmm... maybe it's a bit too much... I mean... I think... makes me feel shy! Huh.. Embarassed Hug

Don't be embarrassed. Here, let me help. "Claf Sucks"!! There. Feel better? Laughing Laughing
Someone's gotta keep your feet on the ground. Wink Very Happy
ok. your the man. I suck.

ReyRey

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
Claf blows.

Everyone should look through his portfolio to understand what crappy, sloppy, amateur chopping is all about.

Lousy work my friend.

Shocked That's just mean Billtvshow. Shocked
Your going to hurt Claf's feelings. Evil or Very Mad
Don't worry Claf. I don't believe that "ALL" your work is crap. I'm sure some of it is ok.
P.S. you don't have to thank me. Wink Shocked

Patre

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Wonderful work, Claf!!

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
Claf blows.

Everyone should look through his portfolio to understand what crappy, sloppy, amateur chopping is all about.

Lousy work my friend.

Don't worry Claf. I don't believe that "ALL" your work is crap. I'm sure some of it is ok.

No no! I insist, I have to say THANK YOU!
After reading Bill comment, I thought seriously about just leaving, deleting my portfolio, I thought to be stone & drunk all the way for Christmas holiday...
Thanks for your support!!
You know, I'm conscious I'm doing mostly only crap and I'm okay with that, but amateur Shocked ... I sincerely think I'm doing pro crap.
Thank you again!!! drunken santa reindeer Laughing

Martrex

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I like that reference PRO Crap as compared to Amateur Crap. Got me laughing so hard i fell off the chair!

Thanks Laughing Laughing

ReyRey

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
Claf blows.

Lousy work my friend.

No no! I insist, I have to say THANK YOU!
After reading Bill comment, I thought seriously about just leaving, deleting my portfolio, I thought to be stone & drunk all the way for Christmas holiday...
Thanks for your support!!
You know, I'm conscious I'm doing mostly only crap and I'm okay with that, but amateur Shocked ... I sincerely think I'm doing pro crap.
Thank you again!!! drunken santa reindeer Laughing

I must agree. Out of all the crap I have seen in my life. Your's is the crappiest. You are craptacular. Bow Bow Laughing Laughing Laughing

Michel

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

Oh no Claude! You worked on the stupid Lion Man! It irritated me so much how they designed their advertisement campaign and squeezed their adds in with the regular news spots on cyberpresse. Plus, you know how I loathe cars!

You do great work though, now I know why you said you were really busy with your job. I see you are working with the big names of the industry. It must be strange to see your work on a huge billboard for the first time. Also, I guess no picture meant for advertisement ever goes untouched nowadays.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2007. - Reply to topic