Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - VIRAL RATINGS ! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Micose

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

i have a nest in my house ...mostly flying rats.... but they are quite friendly...fortunatly...cuz they have very sharp teeth...

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

don't let them near Martex's sighted flying white poodles as that could be a dangerous new breed in the making... white poodles with rat like features. oh yeah that already is a new breed. okay white rats with fluffy tails and polished nails. Laughing

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

whoever rated in today's comp...well, it's the most deliberate, meanspirited thing I've ever witnessed here. It was done by a member

Heinlein

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
whoever rated in today's comp...well, it's the most deliberate, meanspirited thing I've ever witnessed here. It was done by a member

I have been seeing a lot of that lately. Many good images with a rating of 1 and 2's.

This feature should be eliminated.

ScionShade

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Guess any activity that doesn't require a log in is always an invite for creeps.
I was all "Mr. How Great it Would be if visitors could participate in some small way guy" at the time... the positive attitude and the effort from this site to make visitors welcome is just not something you can do on the internet...no log in=oppurtunity for mean people.
I vote for scrapping the ratings, but also vote for giving visitors something special to make them want to bookmark and come back, maybe get involved...I just don't know what that thing is.
The adding of ratings was done at the same time as several other new additions, and those addition did spark a jump in the number of people signing up to PSC. Maybe we could figure out which of those changes
are working and maybe highlight them a little more.
The biggest of them...i think..was the addition of Advanchat...
there were also portfolio profiles at the same time I believe...and..--categories for typed of chops....I suppose the biggest one without doubt had to be advanchat and the dissappearence of all unpleasantmess from regular chat--- I would think since the appearance of regular chat could so likely be an ongoing reason of why people are NOT being scared away could be a good reason to focus on it momentarily--
consider making it warm, make the character limit 6 or 700 ..
a length of post often used...make cynn socks not only workable in there but explain that with a link right next to the text box at top of page...
and don't forget--the few short weeks that we had avatars displayed beside names in regular chat, it not only became a fun game to
play with avatars there......... I digress

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I agree that we'd get more data, but meaningful? Meaningful???
A chance to pop people in the nose anonymously with almost zero effort on the 'click rating 1' and you think...meaningful?
Laughing

this is exactly the way I see the purpose of the rating.........now.

There used to be a time when people respected one another around here.
Values change, and at the risk of sounding like the mother of a teenager (oh, snap)...I liked the respectfullness. There were plenty of disagreements over the past several years, but sniping and backstabbing weren't present.

btw, I'm pretty tweaked about this. So whoever thought it a good idea to do it (COWARD), hope you're pleased with yourself.

my 2.0 cents

ScionShade

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

My wife just made me a bagel, w/ a sunny up egg in it, and turkey breast, and sun dried tomatoes....roasted sun dried tomatoes....that were pickled in olive oil.

ReinMan

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
My wife just made me a bagel, w/ a sunny up egg in it, and turkey breast, and sun dried tomatoes....roasted sun dried tomatoes....that were pickled in olive oil.

Hmmm... pickled Olive Oil.

It brings NASTY thoughts into my head.

DAM YOU SCIONSHADE!

P.S. that is NOT a ZUCHINI. It is a PICKLE. Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

what seems to draw people to photoshop sites is when they are searching for tutorials or things of that nature and find the site. So you could beef up the tut area. You could possibly feature a guest chop contest that would be limited to the first 10 people to submit and then like the rest of us they get hooked wanting more and sign up. Or you could have a one of those guest photoshop tennis things that they can add a feature to the pic. Some programming could be used to move the things around with a mouse so that people don't have to download the photo, they could just instantly add a select number of things to a background and then submit that photo for viewing. Sort of like the Southpark kids where you pick items to dress up the dolls and then you can post it.

Just ideas to increase your INTERESTED people, to join up. but you do as Eve says have to treat people with kindness or they won't come back. I haven't seen too much evil on this site. And that rating thing pops up on some of my entries not all of them so it's very random whoever is doing it. A disgruntled member? Kids? People from other photoshop sites that slay the members and they have that mentality?

Micose

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
don't let them near Martex's sighted flying white poodles as that could be a dangerous new breed in the making... white poodles with rat like features. oh yeah that already is a new breed. okay white rats with fluffy tails and polished nails. Laughing

sounds cool...i wish i were a cyberpunk to get one of these Laughing Laughing
Micose

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

jeez....i have fever...i need a sleep... Evil or Very Mad

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

It's a misleading stat...not a big fan of it either.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - VIRAL RATINGS ! - Reply to topic