Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This is not about votes, but about views! - Reply to topic

Tesore

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

This is not about votes, but about views

A friend asked me yesterday ‘Why don’t you look at the last entry in a contest?’ I was surprised, because I always do so. Today I take a good look over the last 7 day’s of contest. And he is ‘shocking’ right. Sometimes I’m a day to late with my entry… I won’t do that anymore… because I chop in good sleeping time! Wink
It’s not about votes… but about respect, takes a little time for every chopper. And sometimes a very good chop comes in at the last day and nobody looks at it. That’s a shame. Confused

I promise that I will take care and will pay attention on every chop.

While I’m babbling…
I want to say sorry to you all that I not comment very often… that’s because:
- The language (I can read it well - except some slang -, but writing is difficult)
- The time (work, kids, real life: what’s new?)
- I feel that, while I’m still learning, therefore I’m not in a position to give other comments than: good, fantastic, love it, etc.

But I’m very happy with your pm's, help and comments: THANKS! Very Happy Hug

And now I have to say something like: soapbox or 2 cts, I think… Laughing Laughing Laughing

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

And now I have to say something like: soapbox or 2 cts, I think… Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

-

annajon

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Tesore wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Well said, TeZORRO

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

Some of the great discrepancy between early and very late entries would disappear if pre-contest views weren't logged. The discrepancy would be much smaller, I think, if views by the image/owner weren't logged at all. The former should be easy to code; I'm not sure about the latter.

thumleft Agree with you and think it would be a good idea to have the creator's views not register. I can't see why it would be hard to do...take forum posts for example; I can edit/delete my own posts, but, obviously not yours. "It" knows when it's me in the forum - surely "it" would be able to tell when it's me looking at my own contest entry as well.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
Tesore wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Well said, TeZORRO

Laughing

Time for a new ava!
Very Happy

mike.b.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ummmm i had an entry recieve over 400 views....the most of the comp at the time
and still finished 12th...

and i think i looked at it a total of 15 times ....
its just nice to kno that they are checking it out..

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

mike.b.29 wrote:
ummmm i had an entry recieve over 400 views....the most of the comp at the time
and still finished 12th...

and i think i looked at it a total of 15 times ....
its just nice to kno that they are checking it out..

I think that was around the time of your "I'm outta here" post...sometimes people go from the forum to the artist in question's work to see what all the hype is about...and that was a poular thread Wink

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
mike.b.29 wrote:

I think that was around the time of your "I'm outta here" post...sometimes people go from the forum to the artist in question's work to see what all the hype is about...and that was a poular thread Wink
ahh makes sense ...but the one i was talking about was the anon contest before all the hype..with the tele gif i did..but still the next one was the same and it was the correct time..lol...you kno i regret ever posting that thread

mikey

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:

Some of the great discrepancy between early and very late entries would disappear if pre-contest views weren't logged. The discrepancy would be much smaller, I think, if views by the image/owner weren't logged at all. The former should be easy to code; I'm not sure about the latter.

thumleft Agree with you and think it would be a good idea to have the creator's views not register. I can't see why it would be hard to do...take forum posts for example; I can edit/delete my own posts, but, obviously not yours. "It" knows when it's me in the forum - surely "it" would be able to tell when it's me looking at my own contest entry as well.

I agree too, I brought that up more than once. Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Mike B...I know you're gonna find this hard to believe but I've said a couple of retarded things in my time Laughing

In fact...I usually only open my mouth to change feet Embarassed

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
::

Laughing Laughing Laughing

splodge

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

it's all about the votes, ask ma,,,,o , many old timers, we seem to have limited anon contest back, but we dont have the "totaly bind, disadvantaved, we all see the pic together for the first time at 08:00 PSC time, no time to cheat" contest, someone might be able to think of a more catchy name for the contest, but this is how it all began, and it was good, JMH saw it was good and left it that way for years

Hallcross Toots
mellowdesign

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I have found sometimes my votes have run out before some of the later entries are posted, so now I try and wait a day to do a general view, to make sure my votes are more fairly spread. Occasionally I'll have a quick look and vote for two or three that really strike me...but try to keep a load back for later...cos non-advantage members deserve votes too esp. if they can't post early.

dewdew

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Laughing Mike B...I know you're gonna find this hard to believe but I've said a couple of retarded things in my time Laughing

I'm not just a customer....I'm the president of the company.

ohhh and when i chop and vote..i look at all of em.....but lately i been on a no-chop diet.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This is not about votes, but about views! - Reply to topic