Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Is midget apple juice considered art...cause if it is then Im an art connoisseur me Laughing

(Im gunna start typing "adult sex movies" cause midget apple juice just sounds so dirty)

Brought to through the magic of Google..."midget art"...
Yes, I refuse to Google "midget pron." I leave that to YOU. Wink

janetdog

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
blue_lurker has gone to bed again (wus) and abstract is still shite, anyone seen early Picasso? when he could paint? true art, then he went surreal (my kind of art) then he went cubist, strange but still works for me, then we get morons throwing bucket of paint at a canvas, the canvas was worth more without the paint on it, the paint was worth more before it met the canvas, yet this shite sells for millions because the morons with the money are being led by the con men who are screwing there wives, the morons set the trend and the price, the con men are laughing all the way to the bank, and the art world are left thinking WTF just happened???
discuss, i will be back in 24 hours Smile

Ever see the asshole throwing buckets of paint at a jet engine and calling the resulting splatter art? Heh!

I could take a doo doo (no offense) in a coffee can, Take a picture and call it art. Sure maybe it is, maybe it isn't but, The one thing we know for sure is that a can of poop stinks!

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm the last one to tell anyone what ART IS. I've never studied the MASTER'S...I've never stepped into ART gallery...or expo. IF i did...it would be at nite...and the Jewels would be first on the list. I'm putting all of them in that big gold egyptian coffin i'm getting next....What do you mean it's TOO BIG?.. Confused ..I'm not leaving without it !

I do know what is popular sells. If they show someone on MTV with another copy of Scar-face i'll puke. One person act's all Gangst'a (i hate that word)..with Scar-face...and the thing sells more copys than when it first came out. Now everyone thinks...If you don't have Scarface in your DVD collection, you are not cool. I DON'T have Scar-Face, hell i don't have a DVD collection, and if i did CARLITO's WAY is where my money would go. Better movie all the way around. TONY is a NUTJOB.

Anyway, my point is STOP FOLLOWING THE LEADER. Modern Abstarct or what most call abstract...is not true abstarct. Picasso had some great work's, the earlier stuff before all the wine and popularity, are more interesting. His later works or the more POPULAR ones are at times CONFUSING AS HELL. Still if you see one you can say....it's a person, or its something....Maybe a WTF? something which is the thought i get when veiwing...but you can tell what it is.

All the Anus-jet blown shit is called abstract, WHY?? ASK Micose if it's Abstarct. I know he is lurking this thread...or drunk. Maybe both. Cool

The cavemen blew pigments thru a bamboo shute to make art...but at least they put thier hand in front of it. So i could tell what the hell it was.

Then, what shocks me the most is you get this...That's the way it was "IN MY HEAD"..... Shocked ...that just scares the living shit out of me....REALLY, because if that is what is bouncing Around in that skull of thier's...I'm damn glad they use thier free time to paint. Hell Maybe Jeffery Dahmer should have been given a paint brush. Charles Manson (who is innocent Twisted Evil )..does not have thoughts like that...TWO WORDS: STRONG SEDITIVES...that may stop some of those problems. If not...take more....That's why the doctor put's "AS NEEDED" on the bottle.

While some are very ARTISTICALLY DONE, and you can tell the person has skills with a brush. Most just look like the baby THREW UP. Sure it matches the Drapes and Carpeting in the room it's hanging in...and everyone loves it because they think it's SO DIFFERENT, and A REFRESHING change from the NORM....that's what people say when they have WTF? going thru thier mind....and want to look like they are smarter than they really are. OR they just dont want to say.. Argh

Some love Picasso, others hate him....Some love Rembrant's work, others think it's toothpaste. So if your painting falls of the easel face down on the floor, just because it looks neat and is different does not mean your now a ARTIST. Any art is a Expression of someone's way of looking at the everyday world, and conveying what they saw, or feel, or desire. They are trying to capture not just your eye, but your mind, and your heart. They want you to feel the sun, smell the salty breeze, hear the music, taste the cotton candy, and SEE it as they SAW it. So start LOOKING damn it.

ooooohhhhh shit Splodge, i'm sorry...i thought you meant type for the next 24 hours...and we would discuss it tommorrow. Doh! .. Well, i've got my typing quota in for the week. Cool ...and who put this damn soap box in the way, i damn near broke my neck trying to get around that thing....IT's for what???...Hell i thought you were out of chairs, i was just sitting on it. Razz

EVE..... Shocked .....that's taking the whole SIZE don't MATTER to the EXTREME don't cha' think. I have heard "looks like a baby's arm holding a apple"....but,i don't think that was anything like the poster. Cool

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:45 am   Reply with quote         

Damn I go to sleep and then a morning surf with the kids and this thread is hijacked by a bloody pommy art hating, vodka drinking, flashing SOB.

Got love that huh Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:09 am   Reply with quote         

Me want that t.shirt...but it should say apple juice

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok here is another Etiquette thing that has just come up would like to get your opinions on this one as well.

Asking for external and reference externals is it wrong to do so, don't go into the PSD file thing cause I'm one of those guys that merges all the time to many layers and I get lost. Its more about asking for external images to see what went into a chop.

the burning couch

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Ok here is another Etiquette thing that has just come up would like to get your opinions on this one as well.

Asking for external and reference externals is it wrong to do so, don't go into the PSD file thing cause I'm one of those guys that merges all the time to many layers and I get lost. Its more about asking for external images to see what went into a chop.

Wouldn't a chopper want to show the work they've put into the chop?
Everybody should post externals. It doesn't take so long to put them all into one image and "photo bucket it", does it?

Unless of course they're use'n copywrited externals without permission.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

If you're going to ask for sources you either ask everybody or you ask nobody.

You happen to pick 2 of my entries and asked for sources for both of them.

In one of them you say "would like to see the external used before I vote" and yet then you say "and by the way votes mean shit to me ask any one"

If that was the case why hold your vote.

We all know how the voting system works in here and they don't mean shit to me either.

What one sees as a masterpiece another sees it as crap.

In the Jean zipper contest you said mine was very much a cut and paste with a bit of dodge and burn. With that sort of source you are very limited to what you can do and more than half of the entries are a cut and paste with a little dodge and burn with the occasional warp.

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:

In one of them you say "would like to see the external used before I vote" and yet then you say "and by the way votes mean shit to me ask any one"

We all know how the voting system works in here and they don't mean shit to me either.

In the Jean zipper contest you said mine was very much a cut and paste with a bit of dodge and burn. With that sort of source you are very limited to what you can do and more than half of the entries are a cut and paste with a little dodge and burn with the occasional warp.

Thats my 2 cents worth.
well spoken , all that shit about externals and cut and paste,

the burning couch

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:

Thats my 2 cents worth.

I reiterate
Quote:
Everybody should post externals. It doesn't take so long to put them all into one image and "photo bucket it", does it?

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Damn I go to sleep and then a morning surf with the kids and this thread is hijacked by a bloody pommy art hating, vodka drinking, flashing SOB.

Got love that huh Laughing

Why you, Blue lurking twit... Sad ..i do not hate art.......the rest is pretty much true though. Laughing

I see no prob with posting externals if asked, but i'm to embarrasssed to post PSD's....like Blue...i would hate for someone to open up that rats nest of a file. Laughing If you think my skills suck......my layer's suck worse.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Ok first I asked for externals on the bus one because I wanted to help you out with a good tute I had about creating an old photo from a new photo.

With regards to asking every one I don't need to I can tell if it is a cut and paste or if PS skills have been used, I have a little experience in PS myself not much I know but enough to tell the difference.

Votes mean shit to me but mean a lot to others and the way we express our appreciation for the work other do is to vote. I told you in that pm that I liked your image but wanted to see just how much work went into it.
(Not going to mention the image due to it being an active contest.)
I like to see what skills people have and have developed at PSC, an old concept I know but one I have faith in. I beleive that every one here has a winning entry in there system some where and would rather see some one get the acknowledgement for trying to achieve better skills, than a very clean cut and paste.

With the contest you mentioned check it out I have only voted and commented on 2 entries, why because to me they stand out.

If you beleive that you are limited to what you can do to the source, then you will never expand your knowledge and skills level. I only wanted to know what you did to that image as I have asked at least three other people and none of them have taken offence.

Oh yeah and to set the record straight I made this an Etiquette general question not an attack on you.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
mastermason wrote:

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Candron there is nothing wrong with cut and paste its part of photo shop, many an entry has won with a good clean cut and paste, this is about posting your externals if asked, or are you to pissed off cause ya got called out.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
candron wrote:
mastermason wrote:

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Candron there is nothing wrong with cut and paste its part of photo shop, many an entry has won with a good clean cut and paste, this is about posting your externals if asked, or are you to pissed off cause ya got called out.
no i am not pissed since i meditate Laughing and stopt drinken wisky, the only reason is dont make psc look like the worth 1000 site where every move you do has to be explained, but its nice to see when a chopper makes an extreem good work , he will share his ext, like sjitske sometimes does, thats ok for me , but dont make it a rule. thats all

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.