Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Anybody else finding PSC pages SLOOOW? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ReinMan

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

get anything done around here.

reindeer

Heinlein

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
what has happened, or seems to have happened, is Emanuel took control of us, and hey he is a nice guy, but I think either he, or Jeremy grossly under estimated or conveyed the amount of work and supervision this site needs.

It is a community of people, it is diverse and demanding. And simply put, the person in charge needs to be around a hell of a lot more than every other month or so.

Sorry Emanuel, but it feels to me and others that this place is being left to die. It promises things it does not deliver, and if I was a new member, or guest looking round right now. I am pretty sure it would not hold my interest for long.

And that fact is the saddest part of all!

Sad but True Sad

What shall we do? Do we want to go down with the ship, or should we all band together and boycott the site to get attention???

ReinMan

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
what has happened, or seems to have happened, is Emanuel took control of us, and hey he is a nice guy, but I think either he, or Jeremy grossly under estimated or conveyed the amount of work and supervision this site needs.

It is a community of people, it is diverse and demanding. And simply put, the person in charge needs to be around a hell of a lot more than every other month or so.

Sorry Emanuel, but it feels to me and others that this place is being left to die. It promises things it does not deliver, and if I was a new member, or guest looking round right now. I am pretty sure it would not hold my interest for long.

Here is an interesting idea: Emanuel took this site on as an investment. Correct me on this, Proc, if I'm wrong... but you are not really a Chopper?

So (I suspect) - this site was purchased as an investment. Proc makes money off of our creative juices (and our tawdry thread battles) by people coming in to watch us in our little Zoo here. He most likely makes this money through the click through and the sales of banner ads. (You remember when those first showed up? rather annoying things... but we surrendered that fact as part of the cost of doing business).

So Proc bought the building and we tennants resided in that building. Proc has been gettin his "rent" from us (ADVANTAGE) and from site traffic (advertising). But much like a (and sorry but it is part of the analogy) slum, the landlord ain't seeming to be doin' enough o' that UPKEEP stuff. Sad

Understand that if we, the creative force, move out, the building sits empty and eventually it gets resold or gets torn down. No one will come by here if there aren't our pretty pictures up in our apartment windows... nothing to see... nothing to do. No one paying Advantage. No one wanting to advertise to an empty room.

My main point: WE are what create any CASH that flows to Proc via this site. Without us Proc does NOT have a source of income from this site.

My mainer point: Proc - look after us. We look after you. Show us that we are more than a part-time fiscal bump on your road to glory, eh? Come on dude - kick it up a knotch or two. Huh..

Heinlein

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Here is an interesting idea: Emanuel took this site on as an investment. Correct me on this, Proc, if I'm wrong... but you are not really a Chopper?

So (I suspect) - this site was purchased as an investment. Proc makes money off of our creative juices (and our tawdry thread battles) by people coming in to watch us in our little Zoo here. He most likely makes this money through the click through and the sales of banner ads. (You remember when those first showed up? rather annoying things... but we surrendered that fact as part of the cost of doing business).

So Proc bought the building and we tennants resided in that building. Proc has been gettin his "rent" from us (ADVANTAGE) and from site traffic (advertising). But much like a (and sorry but it is part of the analogy) slum, the landlord ain't seeming to be doin' enough o' that UPKEEP stuff. Sad

Understand that if we, the creative force, move out, the building sits empty and eventually it gets resold or gets torn down. No one will come by here if there aren't our pretty pictures up in our apartment windows... nothing to see... nothing to do. No one paying Advantage. No one wanting to advertise to an empty room.

My main point: WE are what create any CASH that flows to Proc via this site. Without us Proc does NOT have a source of income from this site.

My mainer point: Proc - look after us. We look after you. Show us that we are more than a part-time fiscal bump on your road to glory, eh? Come on dude - kick it up a knotch or two. Huh..

Wow! Well said!
Maybe this is what we need to do. Move out and quit paying the rent (Advantage)

Tesore

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I upload my pirate ava today and hope it's here tomorrow Confused

@ Reinman: kudo's Wink

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Should we protest now???

I WANNA MAKE THE SIGNS!!!
I WANNA MAKE THE SIGNS!!!

But if the tear gas comes out...you're all on your own.

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

thought it was me... looking at too much apple juice...

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey! I just noticed this header banner at the top of the forum page.Maybe this has something to do with the problem.

Mir

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

nah Laughing Laughing Laughing even the apple juice loads much faster than this.

ReinMan

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

nah Laughing Laughing Laughing even the apple juice loads much faster than this.

It's the KIWI juice ya gotta watch out for! Shocked Twisted Evil

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

we need a signature made that everyone puts in their siggy space that basically conveys how we feel towards this site, and the fact it is going down the turd pipe Evil or Very Mad

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Mir wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

It's the KIWI juice ya gotta watch out for! Shocked Twisted Evil
Doh! now he tells me Laughing

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
we need a signature made that everyone puts in their siggy space that basically conveys how we feel towards this site, and the fact it is going down the turd pipe Evil or Very Mad

Or everyone boycotts the site for one day. No posting of images, no forum, no chat.

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Or everyone boycotts the site for one day. No posting of images, no forum, no chat.

you know... thats like telling a crack addict to stay clean for a day Laughing

Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

Why?

No offense, but proc probably wouldn't see it. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Anybody else finding PSC pages SLOOOW? - Reply to topic